Dec 27, 2015, 08:22 AM
Trader Rating: 47
Thread OP
Alert

Deceitful ad

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2556359

His ad stated NIB, but when I received the kit the tail section was ready completed and all the parts where removed form the die-cut sheets and mark in big letters.

Does NIB really mean stated kit?
I returned the plane, but he still owes for return shipping 22.82
and refuses to pay, calls me a scam-artist LOL hows that?

I guess my question is: is their away to get back my return shipping cost? or is this a loss and a lesson, be careful who you buy from on RCG.

You should read his rebuttal, and this person is 55yrs old.
Last edited by Bump30; Dec 27, 2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: none
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2015, 08:34 AM
Trader Rating: 539
RC Warjet
Did he agree to pay return shipping? If he didn't or you didn't ask, out of luck.
Last edited by Warjet1950; Dec 28, 2015 at 09:55 AM.
Dec 27, 2015, 09:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warjet1950
Did he agree to pay return shipping? If he didn't or you didn't ask, .
Their was no agreement on the return shipping, but did his ad lie about NIB, don't get me wrong, I not expecting a pristine condition kit
I just wanted an unstarted kit.
so does NIB mean started kit yes or no.

If the ad stated started kit and I bought it, but did not like it and wanted to return, I for sure would be .
Last edited by Bump30; Dec 28, 2015 at 09:22 AM.
Dec 27, 2015, 09:05 AM
Trader Rating: 161
Build a scale plane already!!!
File a paypal claim,, they'll decide who's out of luck
Last edited by scale_only; Dec 28, 2015 at 08:37 AM.
Dec 27, 2015, 09:07 AM
Trader Rating: 35
OR65 Eagles Nest
Not sure of how the deal went down as not enough info but , If sold as NIB it should have been new in box unbuilt untouched. If paid with paypal you could have filed a not as described claim but now, not sure if there is anything you can do ???
Dec 27, 2015, 09:11 AM
Trader Rating: 539
RC Warjet
Nothing to claim if the buyer got his payment refunded, issue seems to be return shipping, which if not agreed to, Paypal won't do anything about.
Dec 27, 2015, 09:19 AM
Trader Rating: 348
you can report the pm to the mods if inappropriate language was used and leave the negative rating with the link to this thread .you will get a retaliatory negative in return but wear it with pride
and yes NIB means new in box untouched unstarted
Dec 27, 2015, 09:27 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead540
Not sure of how the deal went down as not enough info but , If sold as NIB it should have been new in box unbuilt untouched. If paid with paypal you could have filed a not as described claim but now, not sure if there is anything you can do ???
I got my 135.00 refunded form him, still pending till Dec 28, not sure if paypal refunds for return shipping.

22.82 for the return shipping is not going to break the bank!, very sad though zero1shot(Steve) would resort to not refunding my return shipping, its really about principle and telling the truth when you sale something here on RCG, I guess that's why there is feedback, which I told him I'll remove the feedback If he just refund the return shipping.
All my emails to steve where polite.

Maybe I should have titled this as: Ranting!
Dec 27, 2015, 09:34 AM
Trader Rating: 337
Every Juan Loves Tacos!
He gave you a refund and you left him a negative rating?

I don't think his trying to make things right warranted a negative. Maybe a neutral for not described the item accurately.
Dec 27, 2015, 09:43 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous_toys
He gave you a refund and you left him a negative rating?

I don't think his trying to make things right warranted a negative. Maybe a neutral for not described the item accurately.
Repack the kit, drive down to the post office pay to ship back and I should leave a neutral feedback, hack! I would have left a zero feedback for this hassle, if he just payed the return shipping, and that deal is still on the table for him if he chooses.
Dec 27, 2015, 10:00 AM
Trader Rating: 46
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump30
Their was no agreement on the return shipping, but did his ad lie about NIB, don't get me wrong, I not expecting a pistine condition kit
I just wanted an unstarted kit.
so does NIB mean started kit yes or no.

If the ad stated started kit and I bought it, but did not like it and wanted to return, I for sure would be SOL.
Do you have a PM or email from the seller EXPRESSLY stating that he will cover the cost of return shipping? If not, I think you're out of luck.
Dec 27, 2015, 11:07 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewC
Do you have a PM or email from the seller EXPRESSLY stating that he will cover the cost of return shipping? If not, I think you're out of luck.
I tried to contact him about paying for the return shipping, but he stopped receiving PM messages, so I emailed him from the email I got from the paypal account, but never got an email back.

Basically I told him in the emails I was not happy with the kit because it was started, he told me he did not see any issues with the kit, I told him I was not expecting a kit that as been started, his last PM said I quote send it back!.

I learned something from this, thank you warjet, ask questions before you purchase.
Dec 27, 2015, 11:10 AM
Trader Rating: 337
Every Juan Loves Tacos!
Quote:
Repack the kit, drive down to the post office pay to ship back and I should leave a neutral feedback, hack! I would have left a zero feedback for this hassle, if he just payed the return shipping, and that deal is still on the table for him if he chooses.
So if he gives you a complete refund and pays for return shipping, you'll opt to not leave him feedback at all?
Dec 27, 2015, 11:16 AM
Trader Rating: 81
Well, now that you know ...
NIB means unstarted, especially after showing pictures of it in the box. He could have just as easily shown the part that he started, but deceptively chose not to (or did he? Is it in his pictures?)

You're in the right, IMHO. I would also expect return shipping and would leave a negative as that's an opinion of the transaction.
Dec 27, 2015, 11:17 AM
Trader Rating: 46
Closed Account
Quote:
I tried to contact him about paying for the return shipping, but he stopped receiving PM messages, so I emailed him from the email I got from the paypal account, but never got an email back.

Basically I told him in the emails I was not happy with the kit because it was started, he told me he did not see any issues with the kit, I told him I was not expecting a kit that as been started, his last PM said I quote send it back!.

I learned something from this, thank you warjet, ask questions before you purchase.
Yeah, I think you're out of luck. Unfortunately, even if you filed a claim with Paypal for "item not as received", I think they make you send it back at your expense for a refund anyway (I could be wrong), so you may have been out of luck regardless.

But yeah, negative away on this if you feel it's warranted. That's what the feedback is for, what was YOUR experience on the transaction, not what do others think you should leave.

Quick Reply