This thread is privately moderated by _AL_, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 27, 2015, 02:51 AM
Slow builder
Thread OP
Discussion

Dewoitine 520

Next was a French Dewoitine 520 fighter in Bulgarian colours. This was a bit faster build but still pretty slow.
Based loosely on the Paul Janssens plan however his is all balsa & around 48" wingspan. Mine uses fiberglass over lost foam construction the same as the P51 with a 60 inch wingspan & an AUW of 2.3kg.

It was also maidened at MSF 2015 & also very nose heavy with the CG at MAC 27%.
This one however, was very prone to hyper stalling the tail & had to be flown very carefully. It flew well but to much elevator resulted in a nasty roll onto it's back.
It managed 3 or 4 flights at MSF before I damaged the tail on landing. It'll be repaired shortly & will also fly with a more rearward CG at MSF 2016.

Build log here.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2197808

Video courtesy of Matin.
AL's Dewoitine (3 min 1 sec)
Last edited by _AL_; Dec 20, 2016 at 08:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2016, 02:31 AM
Entropy is happening!
Nice shots of a nice PSS plane Al.
I missed that one flying last year. So much happening, hard to get to see it all!
Maybe this year.
Jan 08, 2016, 12:07 AM
Slow builder
Thread OP
Thanks Jim & I know the feeling. I missed a lot of flights as there was too much happening at one time whenever the wind was on.

They'll both be there again this year only this time the CG will be better placed so I can throw them around a bit more.

Al
Jan 08, 2016, 02:19 AM
Entropy is happening!
For what it may be worth, I use a CG @ 30% MAC as the starting point on my tailed gliders.
The plane always flies well at that and only needs the very slightest fine adjustment.
The only exception to that experience was with my Entropy. I thought it flew well enough on the maiden flight until I started to move the CG back. It is now 15mm back from the starting point and the performance is still improving! But this plane is obviously very flexible in this regard.

Quick Reply