Bush Speach to Urban League, some choice morsels - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 27, 2004, 02:53 AM
sensitive artsy type

Bush Speech to Urban League, some choice morsels

http://www.georgewbush.com/News/Read.aspx?ID=3042

You can read the speech here in it's entirety. Just thought I would post some excerpts that I thought interesting:

================

THE PRESIDENT:

And I appreciate Reverend Jesse Jackson.
------
And I think that's a proper role for the federal government, to help people.
------
It says a lot about our country that -- that we've recovered from a recession. Remember, the recession was started before September the 11th -- as a matter of fact, right as I came to office.
------
The more small businesses there are, the more likely it is people are going to find work.
-------
But you know what else has changed? For the first time, the federal government is asking the question, can our children actually read? And see, I feel comfortable asking that question, because I believe every child can read.
-------
It's a -- it's a certification for the ability to read, write, add, and subtract, to understand -- to understand the sciences and maths, as well.
-------
There's nothing better than somebody saying, welcome to my house; I'm putting out the welcome mat in my piece of property.
-------
Safe streets are important for any -- any community, particularly important for communities in which parents feel like they've got to keep their kids locked in.
-------
I went to the Congress in my State of the Union, I talked about a prison reentry program.
-------
We've opened up federal grants to the faith community for the first time. I shouldn't say "for the first time." Most vigorously, let me put it to you that way.
-------
Kay James runs the Office of Personnel Management. You know, the government owns a lot of property. Steve Perry is the head of the GSA.
--------
You know, when it comes time to money, Alan Greenspan is a smart guy, so is the Vice Chairman, Roger Ferguson, of the Federal Reserve.
=======

Amazing, and just one speech. tt
Last edited by Treetop; Jul 27, 2004 at 03:42 PM.
Jul 27, 2004, 04:03 AM
Suspended Account
Shame...you know he fell off his bicycle again, yesterday.

There was a king...at some time in the middle ages, I believe, who inherited his position as Kings did. (family connections being what they were) Trouble was, he was profoundly retarded ...there's a hilarious contemporary account of this King posing for an official portrait on horseback...trouble was, he kept falling off, over and over, causing extreme frustration for the poor painter who had to keep a straight face.

Who says history doesn't repeat itself?

Luckily, bush lives in the age of photography.
Jul 27, 2004, 06:20 AM
Useful Idiot
Having had plenty of experience myself, I don't think falling off a bicycle is any big deal. However, a politician having difficulty in communicating his ideas in words does seem an impediment. If his words truly reflect his thought process, it may be a matter of concern.
Jul 27, 2004, 08:10 AM
Equinsu Ocha
D F T T
Jul 27, 2004, 09:35 AM
Useful Idiot
Lightning: to which post are you referring? That's the second time a posting of mine has been immediately followed by your posting "D F T T". The other was in the "When Kerry is elected thread, coincidently also started by Treetop.
Jul 27, 2004, 10:22 AM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Those who live in glass houses ought not throw stones. Spell check is a wonderful, but apparently underutilized tool.

Rick
Jul 27, 2004, 11:19 AM
Equinsu Ocha
Has nothing to do with you Martin just coincidence. Stands for Don't Feed The Troll.
It is my personal opinion that this is a trolling thread. I feel the information was presented in a way that inflames and provokes folks from the other side of the isle. That is my personal opinion on the way the material was presented in this thread end of story.
Jul 27, 2004, 12:06 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
It is my personal opinion that this is a trolling thread. I feel the information was presented in a way that inflames and provokes folks from the other side of the isle.
...and I'm sure you're making the same attack by posting D F T T on those threads denigrating Senator Kerry.
Jul 27, 2004, 12:46 PM
Useful Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightnin
Has nothing to do with you Martin just coincidence. Stands for Don't Feed The Troll.
It is my personal opinion that this is a trolling thread. I feel the information was presented in a way that inflames and provokes folks from the other side of the isle. That is my personal opinion on the way the material was presented in this thread end of story.
To avoid further cases of my, BA's or Treetop's trolling, could you tell us how we should compose threads concerning President Bush's alleged deficiencies. This should also be applicable to those critical of Kerry's.
Rick, your advice was ignored, apparently
Jul 27, 2004, 12:51 PM
Almost a Pilot
Gentlemen,
Name calling, however disguised, is against the forum rules. If you are unhappy with the direction a thread is going, then don't post in it.

If you feel it's in violation of the forum rules then please report it to a moderator.

Under no circumstances are you allowed to call other members names.
Jul 27, 2004, 01:20 PM
sensitive artsy type
Thanks Rick. Did I fix them all?, speeking of spelling. You know Georgia is the Peech state. tt
Jul 27, 2004, 02:37 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Last edited by Gerald; May 07, 2008 at 10:23 PM.
Jul 27, 2004, 02:45 PM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Better, but you still missed [sic] "entirity", and Mr. Greenspan's first name, Alan.

Since you asked...

I hail from Georgia as well (but I don't brag about it).

I would have to agree with Gerald. It's well-known by everyone that GWB isn't the orator that say, Ronald Reagan was, but he gets his point across. That's really all that matters, isn't it?

Rick
Last edited by ElectRick; Jul 27, 2004 at 02:51 PM.
Jul 27, 2004, 03:49 PM
sensitive artsy type
Fixed both, Allen was from the Bush website, but fixed that as well.

Was I bragging? I could brag about how hot and humid it is.

I am not intending to be petty, and sorry you think so. I guess he spent his time at Yale studying the "maths" rather than English. tt
Jul 27, 2004, 04:08 PM
Trampling out the vintage
The liberals castigate Bush because of his wierd speech. The conservatives castigate Kerry because he has equivocated on some issues. These are not the real issues in the election. When either side dwells on these, it just illustrates their partisan bias.

To all you fellow Kerry supporters out there - I waited in line the other day for 90 minutes to hear Kerry speak (the event was sold out and I did not get in). I did meet lots of people in line. The best line learned:

"you cannot out-nasty a conservative republican"

So I advise all who support The Johns to drop the silly negative stuff and leave it to the pros.

Quick Reply