3 Bladed Orange Conversion set - BLADE 230 S

MicroHeli is known for staying on top of the upgrade scene for many years now. They now have full aluminum and carbon fiber conversion kits for your Blade 230s.

Splash

3 times the upgrade for your Blade 230s.

MicroHeli is known for staying on top of the upgrade scene for many years now. They now have full aluminum and carbon fiber conversion kits for your Blade 230s. This new set will include 3 carbon blades, and your choice of REC or SILVER full 3 bladed head with the dampeners and accessories included. This kit also has a titanium main shaft, and the blades are carbon fiber with a nice orange color scheme.

The 3 bladed head has great lift capabilities without the sacrifice of power consumption. Also you get better tracking during fast forward flight as well as the benefits of stability with that "locked in" feel during 3D flight. You now have the option to make a nice little scale helicopter out of your Blade 230s.

For more information on the new conversion kit, click here.

Dec 30, 2015, 11:44 AM
Hey, those are pretty nice looking. Clean DFC setup. The comment "You now have the option to make a nice little scale helicopter out of your Blade 230s" would be great if folks made scale fuse's for this size.
Dec 31, 2015, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
Hey, those are pretty nice looking. Clean DFC setup. The comment "You now have the option to make a nice little scale helicopter out of your Blade 230s" would be great if folks made scale fuse's for this size.
Completely agree. I think Horizon and Blade are missing out big time by not producing a series of scale bodies for different sizes of their helis
Jan 01, 2016, 09:28 AM
The recent Apache release this past year had me spring for the micro scale heli after a long absence from heli flying. Most of my time is spent in FPV rotor or fixed wing. My heli's still in the fleet are dusty. The scale heli with gyro assisted stability really make for relaxed heli flying and lend itself to scale low and slow flying.

This wakened my scale heli itch and I find I can't find any decent 450 kits to scratch that itch. I should have bought one of those MD500E fuse's back when I had the chance.
Jan 03, 2016, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr
This wakened my scale heli itch and I find I can't find any decent 450 kits to scratch that itch. I should have bought one of those MD500E fuse's back when I had the chance.
My dear sir, you need to visit RC Aerodyne for scale fuse's. Lots to choose from in the 450 class. I'm currently eyeballing the "Little Bird" MD500.

I just wish they also made stuff for a 300 size heli
Jan 04, 2016, 01:10 AM
Check these guys out - link.

They have a huge selection of scale shells and sort based on rotor blade length.

I am looking seriously at the 230S and the fact there are so many quality mods appearing for them isn't helping the urge!
Sep 26, 2019, 09:38 PM
My triple in action

Blade 230s - AS355 fuselage with 3 blade rotor head (3 min 13 sec)
Nov 04, 2019, 06:29 PM
My name is Naga
Looking good.

Nice sound as she spools up, the the tail screams like a banshe as usual lol!

How does 90 deg gyroscopic precession work out with the triblade?
Nov 04, 2019, 06:42 PM
the microheli's linkages are spot on phase timing wise.

I have a better tail unit - 100mm 2 blader that I have developed, used on my huey and stock 230s and 250CFX, cures the screaming tail deal. Micro heli are also sending me the folding 3 blade tail unit to test which is a development of my two blade.
Nov 04, 2019, 06:48 PM
My name is Naga
So how do the servo linkages line up?

Is the Swash twisted to get the phasing correct or are they still vertical?

Intrigued about you tail blades, hope you post more details soon.
Nov 04, 2019, 10:58 PM
i'll post some pictures, there is a swash locker that aligns the swash plate to the rotor head then normal links from the swash to the rotor head rather than DFC links. Kinda like the 300X etc setup but three rotor blade grips. Nice and simple, works good.
Nov 04, 2019, 11:04 PM
they ditched the DFC version and went with a swash locker linking the rotor head to the swash plate.
Dec 09, 2019, 03:56 AM
Tail is SCREAMING!!
Dec 09, 2019, 04:18 AM
don't worry i have the cure - 30 to 50% more thrust is easy to do on the tail, now fitted to orange bird............ no more screamin demon.......
Jan 04, 2020, 08:04 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
My triple in action

https://youtu.be/24_3G8MLBGI
That is awesome man !

You are not near all the Fires down there are you ? I hate to see that

Quick Reply