Nov 07, 2016, 05:35 AM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmini
Newby question . I like the idea of extending my range and would gladly pick up one the transmitters you recommend but how do I bind it frequency wise with my quad .
For XK X250 binding sequence actions is going automatically for stock transmitter and those which I mentioned. Full binding and arming sequence is:
  1. Move throttle stick on transmitter down to zero, if it is not done yet.
  2. Switch on the X250. After switched on it is in transmitter search mode with blinking navigation lights (2 blinks in second).
  3. Switch the transmitter on. It will bind automatically. After successful binding X250 navigation lights are switching to slow blinking (1 blink in second).
  4. Arm the quad by moving the throttle stick up and down. If all above is done correctly, navigation lights will stop blinking and will light steadily. Now you can fly.
Mode switching between 40%-60%-100% is controlled by transmitter button (speed adjustment button on X6 transmitter or rudder adjustment button on V272 transmitter). Level trimming can be done only in 100%.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2016, 11:49 PM
Thank you for the clear explanation . I will give one of those two choices a shot .
Nov 30, 2016, 07:36 PM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachikoma
Thank you for the info about the camera cutting out. I have a tiny 150mAh LiPo from a deceased micro toy which I could use to power the camera from its own battery, I don't think the quad would feel the weight of the tiny thing much. I've hooked up my bench power supply to the quad and the camera itself draws around 400-500mA, apparently regardless of whether it's recording or not, so the tiny lipo should give the camera enough juice to run 15 to 20 minutes, which is plenty more than the quad's own battery....
Talking about X250 camera again... After last crash my X250 got one arm torn off... Still waiting for replacement from Banggood... almost month is passed. Damn 11.11 and clogged shipping companies - I didn't asked for that By the way kid and I realized that X250 flying features are starting to be boring for us plus we are already sick from stock FPV possibilities (lack of them if I want to be more precise). So we decided to seriously pimp it up. At first step the stock camera must go away completely. In the way are coming Eachine TX03, MinimOSD and ACS711KLCTR-25AB-T. The next step will be more interesting - after that my X250 will either thrive or die.

BTW I seen ACS711 family in Pololu as already assembled boards. Unfortunately shipping fee from Pololu to EU countries is hefty, so I will better assemble that thing from scratch.
Nov 30, 2016, 09:51 PM
Fan of pusher multirotors
I think if I were to redo the X250's video system I'd use a de-cased 808#16-D running from the quad's own battery (around 8 grams) plus the lightest transmitter and antenna I could find (not sure how I'd power that - all those I've seen so far want at least a 2S battery, but there have to be ones for smaller quads). This would give me FPV while also maintaining on-board recording (which as I mentioned earlier is of paramount importance to me) while hopefully staying within the 20gr weight that's all the quad can lift.

However, I've decided to not do this and keep the stock camera for the following reasons:

- It doesn't actually work that bad. Compared to the stock FPV pods from even much more expensive quads (hello, Aosenma CG035) it has relatively little jello, the colours are fine and there is even some fine detail. Its only real drawback (all things considered) is that it's too narrow-angled for effective FPV, but I'd like to experiment with several webcam lenses I have to solve this.

- I have only one 808#16-D coming in the mail and that's going to go on the Tarantula X6 Frankenspider, an altogether better flyer, in an attempt to make it the lightest, most efficient video quad that very little money can buy. I don't have a particular desire to buy another 808 when I already have the X250's stock camera available (and after I've basically already blown all my disposable income on quadcopter stuff).

- I paid for it. The bare X250 is around $40, the -A one with the 5.8G camera is closer to $70. That gave me a better-than-nothing camera and screen, and I'll be damned if I don't make the best use I can out of them.
Dec 01, 2016, 06:17 AM
Krotow
Quote:
I think if I were to redo the X250's video system I'd use a de-cased 808#16-D running from the quad's own battery (around 8 grams) plus the lightest transmitter and antenna I could find (not sure how I'd power that - all those I've seen so far want at least a 2S battery, but there have to be ones for smaller quads). This would give me FPV while also maintaining on-board recording (which as I mentioned earlier is of paramount importance to me) while hopefully staying within the 20gr weight that's all the quad can lift.
- I paid for it. The bare X250 is around $40, the -A one with the 5.8G camera is closer to $70. That gave me a better-than-nothing camera and screen, and I'll be damned if I don't make the best use I can out of them.
We all have our specific wishes what we want to get out of our devices. It is perfectly Ok. For us here X250 was pretty good for learning until rise of micro quads like Tiny Whoop at this year, when we realized that that small sucker outperform X250 in every aspect even if running on 1S battery. X250 has its own limits, which we have outgrown - it happens I can't turn time back and buy something other instead X250 but at least I can upgrade existing X250 until it have space to put things into and below it. Because I don't need flying video recorder and TX03 have much better FPV range and picture, the fate of stock camera was decided. BTW I will not throw old parts of X250 in bin - there already are someone who need things like that
Dec 01, 2016, 10:06 AM
I'm very curious to see these hardcore modifications you want to give to your quad I have wild thoughts of a brushless X250... but that might be pushing it a bit too far :P
Dec 01, 2016, 11:17 AM
Krotow
Quote:
I'm very curious to see these hardcore modifications you want to give to your quad I have wild thoughts of a brushless X250... but that might be pushing it a bit too far :P
No brushless X250, that is for sure The main idea is avoid the need to use dremel (which I don't have at the moment) and other casing mutilation if it can be avoided for particular modification. The goal is go as close as possible to Tiny Whoop features. I'm aware about different weight and geared motor on X250, but that is raising more interest to try - it is possible or not. On positive result I'll try to compact it and then casing will partially go if it will be required. Otherwise I will sell X250 and purchase frame for 8520 motors to put together 2S brushed micro.

Talking about brushless, after two months of waiting for my X250 to arrive (thanks to Chinese New Year about what I wasn't aware at that time and changed LiPo transporting rules at March 9), I learned about X251 which was on discount at time when I bought X250 and only 15 EUR more expensive than X250-A set. I was really really sad.
Dec 02, 2016, 07:51 AM
No camera or FPV on the X251, though. You can add them yourself, but that'll increase the price by $30-50.

The X252 has them out of the box, but it's significantly more expensive.
Dec 02, 2016, 01:30 PM
Krotow
Yes, lack of camera together with X251 in initial purchase also was issue because I didn't looked further in purchasing X251 at this February. At the moment there was winter with rain, wet snow and dark evenings, so I hadn't too much possibilities to go outside and practice. At that time I didn't realized yet that I'm more interested in fast brushless quads with FPV and probability to attach small action camera to them. If I would start with them from begin, the common expenses would been less than I spent together with toy grade stuff which nor I nor kid don't need anymore because we have outgrown that.

X252, although it kinda have positioned as racer with camera, have plastic casing, proprietary battery connector and flight controller without Acro. Which is no deal for me. Again it can be Ok for someone who wish only put battery in and fly. Because I'm more tended to be in DIY stuff, then it will not suit me well.
Dec 13, 2016, 03:57 PM
anyone know of any prop guards available for this quad? It might be a decent indoor quad for fpv flying with prop guards
Dec 13, 2016, 04:33 PM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerf27q
anyone know of any prop guards available for this quad? It might be a decent indoor quad for fpv flying with prop guards
Unfortunately X250 doesn't have any stock or aftermarket prop guards. And I\ m not sure that it is a good idea to fly X250 at home. It is a bit too large and too fast to do that. At least you should have minimum ceiling height around 4.30 meters. But you can go to fly into some hall and then you can fly without prop guards.
Dec 14, 2016, 09:09 AM
I agree, it's not a good indoor flyer, unless your idea of fun is to make it hover as stably as possible so it doesn't smash into furniture. I tried it in the living room the very first time to check it worked, and after a 10 second hover decided that was all the indoor flight it'd see in its life.
Dec 18, 2016, 01:56 PM
Hello guys.
I get this quadrocopter yesterday, but there wasn't charger for LIPO battery, but only charging usb cable.
So, should I connect this cable directly to standard usb phone charger (5V) and charge LIPO (3.7V) battery?

Or it is better to get original XK adapter - http://www.banggood.com/XK-Alien-X25...l?rmmds=search
to charge X250 LIPO battery?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Marko
Dec 19, 2016, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko30
So, should I connect this cable directly to standard usb phone charger (5V) and charge LIPO (3.7V) battery?
Yep!
Dec 19, 2016, 09:45 AM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko30
Hello guys.
I get this quadrocopter yesterday, but there wasn't charger for LIPO battery, but only charging usb cable.
If you have nothing, except this USB charging cable then answer is Yes.

Because it is definitely no fun in ten minute flying with hour of charging and waiting after, you should get a set of XK X250 compatible batteries later. Or battery set with charger with parallel charging support. For example, those:

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopte...pp_326708.html
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopte...pp_326707.html

There are other suitable charger/battery combinations:

http://www.gearbest.com/multi-rotor-...pp_483931.html

And chargers themselves

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopte...pp_231344.html
http://www.banggood.com/6-IN-1-USB-B...p-1085262.html

Both USB charging power distributors above may be used with any USB 2.0 compatible phone charger. However note the mAh for one C for chargeable batteries and supported charging current on charger and don't exceed it. For example WSX-T01 USB charger (black one) will support charging of 4 batteries at once. With 5 and 6 batteries it will support 3A current ... and then it will melt after half of hour - proven

Quick Reply