Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Feb 12, 2017, 10:22 PM
Outlaw
gatorb8's Avatar
lol!
get a tiny whoop!
I flew 10 packs tonight in the house!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2017, 10:32 PM
Experienced Noob
kenjancef's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8
lol!
get a tiny whoop!
I flew 10 packs tonight in the house!
You mean one of these??? BeeBrain (FrSky version), Micro Motor Warehouse 17,500k motors, Tiny Whoop frame, and 7 205mAh batteries... lol... oh, and a Stinger Pod FPV camera...
Feb 12, 2017, 10:34 PM
Outlaw
gatorb8's Avatar
yep!
Feb 16, 2017, 06:52 AM
Registered User
Got my pair of hellbenders 122 to build!!
I think they are the first ones in Argentina!!!

Will ul photos as soon as they are ready
Feb 16, 2017, 07:46 AM
Experienced Noob
kenjancef's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbruno
Got my pair of hellbenders 122 to build!!
I think they are the first ones in Argentina!!!

Will ul photos as soon as they are ready
Nice!! Can't wait to see them!
Mar 01, 2017, 08:06 PM
Registered User

Hellbender 122 @ Argentina


This is my first build.
Took 2 days and 4 iterations.
I still have to put vtx and cam
Questions : how do you power fc? I used 4in1 esc and bridged a little wire from battery's input to fc .it doesn't look neat!
The motors are pretty hot. It hurts to touch. The arms also get hot after 1 batt ,5 minutes approx.
What setting do yo put on betaflight last stable build?

Today a flew it with base config and xquad frame and did my first flips!!!!!!!
Thanks to all
Mar 01, 2017, 08:12 PM
Registered User
More Pics
Mar 01, 2017, 08:20 PM
Experienced Noob
kenjancef's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbruno
This is my first build.
Took 2 days and 4 iterations.
I still have to put vtx and cam
Questions : how do you power fc? I used 4in1 esc and bridged a little wire from battery's input to fc .it doesn't look neat!
The motors are pretty hot. It hurts to touch. The arms also get hot after 1 batt ,5 minutes approx.
What setting do yo put on betaflight last stable build?

Today a flew it with base config and xquad frame and did my first flips!!!!!!!
Thanks to all
Usually all 4-in-1 ESCs have a dedicated 5V power coming from the ESC. I use the RMRC one, and it has a dedicated +/- that I run to my FC. It also sounds like you might have a short somewhere, a wire is touching your frame somewhere, check your wiring very carefully. And make sure you don't have too much power running into your FC or some magic smoke may appear.
Mar 02, 2017, 07:57 AM
Outlaw
gatorb8's Avatar
check that the motor mount screws may be shorting the motor windings, that will heat things up
Mar 02, 2017, 07:16 PM
Registered User
How do you check that on motors - unmounted and checked no touch between motors and screws
I bought rmrc suggested setup emax 1306 https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...oducts_id=5751
Dodo fc
4-1 esc
Binded to flysky i6

I tried with some 1mm washers and nothing.
Also tried with filters on betafligth pid tunning and nothing
Any clue?
Last edited by Bbruno; Mar 03, 2017 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Update
Mar 11, 2017, 05:37 PM
Registered User
i dont know what happened now.
CPU usage is skyrocketing!! and hellbaby crashing
just 1 minute conected and moving it around without battery and it hangs!!

Already tried with betaflight3.1.6 and cleanfligt 1.14.2 and happend the same!

Edit*** fixed it flashing and old betaflight and back to actual version and voila !! No more CPU usage problems


another thing i found is RMRC 4-1 esc is grounding the bolts trough a pad on the holes! is that ok?
1 and 2 are extrange!!!
Task list max/us avg/us rate/hz maxload avgload total/ms
0 - SYSTEM 2 0 4 0.5% 0.5% 0
1 - GYRO 0 0 2147483647 0.5% 0.5% 0
2 - PID 0 0 2147483647 0.5% 0.5% 0
3 - ACCEL 121 86 498 6.5% 4.7% 3938
4 - ATTITUDE 51 20 49 0.7% 0.5% 163
5 - RX 70 38 24 0.6% 0.5% 112
6 - SERIAL 57760 234 49 283.5% 1.6% 209
7 - BATTERY 40059 7 24 96.6% 0.5% 52
8 - HW_WATCHDOG 1 0 0 0.5% 0.5% 0
9 - BEEPER 5 0 49 0.5% 0.5% 6
12 - BARO 112 49 21 0.7% 0.6% 111
14 - ALTITUDE 35 1 19 0.5% 0.5% 33
Last edited by Bbruno; May 22, 2017 at 07:08 AM.
Mar 20, 2017, 06:33 PM
Registered User

And the fun begins..my Hellbender 122 just arrived!


First impression when I open the package!?... holy crap that thing is small!...right after that I am thinking this is way cool!..

I am a NOOB builder so I have some questions?
I am going to use a Cicada 20 4 in 1 esc with Emax 1306 - 3300Kv motors which has it own PDB and 5v power from this esc.. The question is that the esc numbered (M1,M2,M3,M4) when going counter clockwise! Do i simply flip signal wires from M3-M4 to the flight controller and proceed in beta flight as the esc are all in the right position?...or do I have to acknowledge that motors M3 and M4 different on that esc?...

or,

Do I not mess with the signal wires and do something in Betaflight to change the esc configuration to represent (M1, M2, M4, M3) going counter clockwise?


Your input is appreciated!....
Mar 20, 2017, 09:47 PM
Experienced Noob
kenjancef's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodax
First impression when I open the package!?... holy crap that thing is small!...right after that I am thinking this is way cool!..

I am a NOOB builder so I have some questions?
I am going to use a Cicada 20 4 in 1 esc with Emax 1306 - 3300Kv motors which has it own PDB and 5v power from this esc.. The question is that the esc numbered (M1,M2,M3,M4) when going counter clockwise! Do i simply flip signal wires from M3-M4 to the flight controller and proceed in beta flight as the esc are all in the right position?...or do I have to acknowledge that motors M3 and M4 different on that esc?...

or,

Do I not mess with the signal wires and do something in Betaflight to change the esc configuration to represent (M1, M2, M4, M3) going counter clockwise?


Your input is appreciated!....
I used the RMRC 4-in-1... and I mounted it upside-down. But all I did was wire it to my FC in the standard quad motor order. So for the RMRC 4-in-1 motor 1 would be ESC 3, motor 2 would be ESC 4, motor 3 would be ESC 2 and motor 4 would be ESC 1. So just lay out the ESC and connect the motor wires to the motor layout.

Hope that makes sense...
Mar 22, 2017, 12:20 PM
Registered User
Thanks the RMRC esc layout I see is in the conventional order, I am trying to avoid cris-crossing the motor wires across the esc board. My board is out of sequence it looks like I can change the sequence through Betaflight but not sure whether this works the same way on a 4n1 board... I should have ordered the RMRC 4n1 esc, hindsight is always 20-20 in this hobby.
Mar 22, 2017, 12:30 PM
Experienced Noob
kenjancef's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodax
Thanks the RMRC esc layout I see is in the conventional order, I am trying to avoid cris-crossing the motor wires across the esc board. My board is out of sequence it looks like I can change the sequence through Betaflight but not sure whether this works the same way on a 4n1 board... I should have ordered the RMRC 4n1 esc, hindsight is always 20-20 in this hobby.
I'm not sure if either you are still confused, or that I'm not explaining it good enough... the layout of your ESC doesn't matter, it comes down to what motor position the wire is connected to on your FC. So if ESC #4 is in the lower right, Motor #1, then take the wire from ESC #4 and connect it to the Motor #1 pins on your FC. If ESC #3 is Motor #2, then take the ESC #3 wire and connect it to the Motor #2 pins on your FC, etc...

There should be no need to cross wires...

I hope this helps you a bit more...


Thread Tools