Jan 05, 2016, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the pointer, Riverhill! I didn't realize that RMRC now had its own BLHeli 4-in-1 ESC. I'm a lot more comfortable trying that than the Chinese and RTFQ versions that seem to lack QC. Not cheap at $34, but I'll be ordering one for sure.

"A perfect solution for the new craze that is sub 250g multirotors!"

Mine should be at my house when I get home today.. I'll let you know what I think of it...
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2016, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Mine should be at my house when I get home today.. I'll let you know what I think of it...
There is only one thing that you need to watch for when installing and that is the standoff or spacer that you use to stack with. Make sure its not hitting one of the small resistors or you may have to trim an edge off the standoff. I have it in the listing, but this item could not be moved in the schematic.
Jan 05, 2016, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCleary.11
There is only one thing that you need to watch for when installing and that is the standoff or spacer that you use to stack with. Make sure its not hitting one of the small resistors or you may have to trim an edge off the standoff. I have it in the listing, but this item could not be moved in the schematic.
I did see that in the listing and will make sure to pay attention not to cause damage. Thanks for the extra warning!
Jan 05, 2016, 12:13 PM
The 122 is now live!

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=5033
Jan 05, 2016, 12:21 PM
AMA 1051390
Says no stock. I can't believe it sold out in 10 minutes lol
Jan 05, 2016, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNeptune
Says no stock. I can't believe it sold out in 10 minutes lol
Haha, stock will be added soon. Sorry about that!
Jan 05, 2016, 08:58 PM
Certifiable
Ordered, now I have another project! good thing it's cold out, have time to build.
Jan 05, 2016, 09:45 PM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
McCleary: Can you please confirm which version of the 1306 3300KV motors comes with standard, CW-threaded nuts? Based on the images and color of the cone nuts, I suspect that the CW model is for CW-rotating props, but actually comes with CCW prop thread.
Jan 06, 2016, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
McCleary: Can you please confirm which version of the 1306 3300KV motors comes with standard, CW-threaded nuts? Based on the images and color of the cone nuts, I suspect that the CW model is for CW-rotating props, but actually comes with CCW prop thread.
I'm not at the office of to confirm right now. Sitting in charlotte terminal waiting for the flight to Vegas for a race. I'll see if one of the guys at the shop can confirm for you.
Jan 06, 2016, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCleary.11
I'm not at the office of to confirm right now. Sitting in charlotte terminal waiting for the flight to Vegas for a race. I'll see if one of the guys at the shop can confirm for you.
Thanks! Maybe you can ask the crew back in OH to clarify the item description, too, once they've confirmed threading direction.

Good luck with the race! Bet Vegas is going to be a zoo with CES this week. That said, the race was probably scheduled to coincide with CES, since it's been featuring an increasing amount of consumer drone technology.

PS: Since shipping for the 4-in-1 was less than $3, I went ahead and ordered one. Didn't want to risk the ESCs running out. Motors I'm more flexible, so would rather miss out than accidentally end up with 6x CCW-threaded motors.
Jan 07, 2016, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Thanks! Maybe you can ask the crew back in OH to clarify the item description, too, once they've confirmed threading direction.

Good luck with the race! Bet Vegas is going to be a zoo with CES this week. That said, the race was probably scheduled to coincide with CES, since it's been featuring an increasing amount of consumer drone technology.

PS: Since shipping for the 4-in-1 was less than $3, I went ahead and ordered one. Didn't want to risk the ESCs running out. Motors I'm more flexible, so would rather miss out than accidentally end up with 6x CCW-threaded motors.

Just checked for you: the motors that say CW have traditional threads / nuts on them - righty tighty, lefty loosey
Jan 07, 2016, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderman111
Just checked for you: the motors that say CW have traditional threads / nuts on them - righty tighty, lefty loosey
Thanks for checking, Zander! Good thing I didn't jump the gun and order up a half-dozen CCW-threaded motors.
Jan 07, 2016, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhill FPV
Thanks for the pointer, Riverhill! I didn't realize that RMRC now had its own BLHeli 4-in-1 ESC. I'm a lot more comfortable trying that than the Chinese and RTFQ versions that seem to lack QC. Not cheap at $34, but I'll be ordering one for sure.
I just got one of these on order for a 3 inch triblade on 4s setup I'm working on. I'd been holding off using a 4in1 because I didn't really want to get one from RTFQ either.

I assume it has an atmel chip since it uses the dys20a hex to program them?

I got some 1407 RCX motors. They say about ~36k rpm at 16.8 with a 3 inch BN prop. The tri prop will probably be less rpm then that.

The motor is a 12N14P configuration. So
36000rpm*(14poles/2) = 252000 eprm.

So according to QuadMcFly with blheli, it is limited to 250k in software but start to run up against the wall earlier around 200k. The other option would be to flash simonk are you'd be good above that (312k).

It looks like some people are running the hellbender 122 with a similiar setup? Any issues?
Jan 07, 2016, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Thanks for checking, Zander! Good thing I didn't jump the gun and order up a half-dozen CCW-threaded motors.
no problem!
Jan 07, 2016, 09:05 AM
I'm interested in this 4-1 esc as well. Also running 1407 motors. I'm not too concerned with erpm limits as I'm hardly full throttle. I see it has blheli firmware, but my question is what bootloader does it have? I want to be able to flash it using naze running betaflight.

If this isn't possible, which flasher do I need? I have an arduino nano and an afro usb flasher. Any of those work?