Mar 22, 2017, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjancef
I'm not sure if either you are still confused, or that I'm not explaining it good enough... the layout of your ESC doesn't matter, it comes down to what motor position the wire is connected to on your FC. So if ESC #4 is in the lower right, Motor #1, then take the wire from ESC #4 and connect it to the Motor #1 pins on your FC. If ESC #3 is Motor #2, then take the ESC #3 wire and connect it to the Motor #2 pins on your FC, etc...

There should be no need to cross wires...

I hope this helps you a bit more...
Yup. The 4-1 esc has 4 individual ESCs built in and each has its own signal wire. After you solder he motor wires to the ESC, just match up the signal wires to the pins on the flight controller.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2017, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpierDrake960
Here is a few laps of me flying my 122 and chasing my buddy flying his QAV-R 6" quad. I get a couple of laps in before... Before I eat it.�� I've had a couple people ask me how I fair racing my little guy against the 5 and 6 " class. So far it's been great.

http://youtu.be/MwoK6wOpiOM
Awesome, what are the specs on your 122?
Mar 24, 2017, 12:44 PM
Thanks it helps !..I will switch the signal wires then check it in Betaflight anyway!...oh...I have to get that going right too!..lol
May 18, 2017, 01:27 AM

Which 1306 motors ? motor hole alignment?

Hi Guys,

I just bought the HB122 frame. Waiting for delivery at moment. Unfortunately, in my excitement, mistakenly ordered the v1 frame instead and couldn't manage to cancel the order ...

Which brings me to the qs on motors. read earlier in thread that 1306 motor holes didn't line up with holes on the v1 and some drilling / filling needed to be done. Is this the case only for rmrc 1306 motors? What about the usual DYS or EMAX ones?
Some users reported that they did not need to drill the holes.

Motors will be my next purchase so any advice or info would be a great help. I have 10a escs already ... and i think they can be used for the 1306 4000kvs. But just worried that i may screw up the drilling part.

Or just go for 1104 6500kvs?

Any advice? Thanks all in advance.

Colin
May 19, 2017, 09:07 PM
Experienced Noob
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinct
Hi Guys,

I just bought the HB122 frame. Waiting for delivery at moment. Unfortunately, in my excitement, mistakenly ordered the v1 frame instead and couldn't manage to cancel the order ...

Which brings me to the qs on motors. read earlier in thread that 1306 motor holes didn't line up with holes on the v1 and some drilling / filling needed to be done. Is this the case only for rmrc 1306 motors? What about the usual DYS or EMAX ones?
Some users reported that they did not need to drill the holes.

Motors will be my next purchase so any advice or info would be a great help. I have 10a escs already ... and i think they can be used for the 1306 4000kvs. But just worried that i may screw up the drilling part.

Or just go for 1104 6500kvs?

Any advice? Thanks all in advance.

Colin
I can't speak for other motors, but I use the RMRC 1306-3300Kv Black motors on mine (which aren't available anymore...) and I had to drill out the holes. It's really not "drilling out", but just extending the existing holes a little bit. It took maybe 20 minutes total for the whole frame. I just put a drill bit on a Dremel and went to town, just did it carefully.
May 21, 2017, 08:35 PM
Quote:
I can't speak for other motors, but I use the RMRC 1306-3300Kv Black motors on mine (which aren't available anymore...) and I had to drill out the holes. It's really not "drilling out", but just extending the existing holes a little bit. It took maybe 20 minutes total for the whole frame. I just put a drill bit on a Dremel and went to town, just did it carefully.
Thank you for the info. I mostly read users had the issue with the same motors. Just wondering if other motors could maybe just "fit" without any drilling.

Actually am afraid that drilling with my shaky hands may cause the "alignment of the motors to shift and cause me more problems. If thats possible.

Thanks again
May 21, 2017, 09:21 PM
Experienced Noob
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinct
Thank you for the info. I mostly read users had the issue with the same motors. Just wondering if other motors could maybe just "fit" without any drilling.

Actually am afraid that drilling with my shaky hands may cause the "alignment of the motors to shift and cause me more problems. If thats possible.

Thanks again
I would think that as long as the center of the motor was at the center of the hole in the arm, you should be ok. Hopefully someone else can confirm...
May 21, 2017, 09:57 PM
Quote:
I would think that as long as the center of the motor was at the center of the hole in the arm, you should be ok. Hopefully someone else can confirm...
thanks again