Jan 15, 2016, 08:05 AM
Keep Looking Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Add1ct3dd
Out of interest, I had read the ESC is only "on/off", and doesnt seem to have any throttle curve, is that true?

I was sure it wasn't, but you never know.
Not rue at all. Whoever says that doesn't actually own one I am sure. If they did, they might have their throttle trim way off or something weird like that.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2016, 08:09 AM
Good to know, mine is still in transit anyway, so doesn't affect my decision to get one
Jan 15, 2016, 08:40 AM
Keep Looking Up
Yeah it has very fine control of throttle, front and back. It is a little touchy in reverse because the radio's trigger has less travel in that direction, but it is manageable.

The front wheels start turning a split second before the rears, but I am sure that is by design. The more I drive it the more I understand why they did that. It actually makes sense. It would be really nice to be able to only run the front or rear axle at one time, but I bet that would require more channels on the radio and Rx, which would add complexity, and probably more cost.

That might be a cool mod to do, or a neat way to set up a kit version.
Jan 15, 2016, 11:35 AM
Keep Looking Up
Check out this FPV roll cage!

(Still processing- will be 1080p eventually- -edit -processing done)
Rocksta - FPV - Roll Cage! (Made with Bondic) (8 min 38 sec)
Last edited by BWX232; Jan 15, 2016 at 11:48 AM.
Jan 20, 2016, 01:27 PM
Got mine today, seems my rear servo won't center! It centers fine one way, but if you turn it the other way it "centers" in a completely different place!
Last edited by Add1ct3dd; Jan 20, 2016 at 02:13 PM.
Jan 20, 2016, 05:59 PM
Keep Looking Up
Quote:
Got mine today, seems my rear servo won't center! It centers fine one way, but if you turn it the other way it "centers" in a completely different place!
Set Rx to only steer the rear wheels, and then use the trim. I replaced my servos and had the same issue, splines wouldn't line up, but the trim on the Rx works.

Then trim just the front, then they will be aligned.
Jan 20, 2016, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX_
Set Rx to only steer the rear wheels, and then use the trim. I replaced my servos and had the same issue, splines wouldn't line up, but the trim on the Rx works.

Then trim just the front, then they will be aligned.
I trimmed them so they are straight, but that's not the issue

If I turn left, then re-center, they come back to the center. If I turn right, when I go back to center it goes way past the center and is very far to the left. So then I have to go to the left again and center for the wheels to straighten out again.
Jan 20, 2016, 06:13 PM
Keep Looking Up
Quote:
I trimmed them so they are straight, but that's not the issue

If I turn left, then re-center, they come back to the center. If I turn right, when I go back to center it goes way past the center and is very far to the left. So then I have to go to the left again and center for the wheels to straighten out again.
Oh that sounds like a bad servo.

My next vid will show a nice servo replacement and how well it works. It's metal gear and a lot stronger.. It is about 0.10mm too fat but it does work, just need to wiggle it around to install it. Plus I think they were really cheap when I got them..

Maybe other better options, maybe even just any regular 9gm servo. Really easy to change too.
Jan 20, 2016, 06:43 PM
Ah great yeah it's definitely a bad one sadly, I will probably see if I can take it apart and see if there's anything fixable on the pot, but I doubt it.

They're sending one of these out so we'll see how well it works: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=4167

Quick fun photo:

Jan 20, 2016, 07:58 PM
Anyone have anytrouble with breaking teeth in the gearbox? I did in the rear, and for the life of me cannot find a replacement gear. What good is a part number in the manual if you cant order a replacement.
Jan 21, 2016, 03:03 AM
Keep Looking Up
Quote:
Ah great yeah it's definitely a bad one sadly, I will probably see if I can take it apart and see if there's anything fixable on the pot, but I doubt it.

They're sending one of these out so we'll see how well it works: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=4167

Quick fun photo:

That's cool. The only thing I can see that might be an issue is the "A" measurement of 31mm which is the total depth.

The TGY-9025mg has a measurement of 29mm and that is almost too much, but it does work, but it was more than the stock servo or it seemed like it was anyways.

If you compare your pic above to my pic above you can see the difference even there.. But 2 more mm I think might be too much. It will require that link to be at a severe angle.

Also on this rig I would want matching servos front and rear, what are the chances it will have exactly the same travel as the stock one? Maybe it will though. Seems like they should have sent you two so you could have a matching set.

If it doesn't work perfectly you should grab some of the ones like I have.. or other better-than-stock ones. They are so smooth and strong and quiet and center so nicely... They are 11gm servos instead of 9gm servos, but they fit (barely), and work really really nice. You'll see in that vid if I ever get it edited and uploaded. LOL
Jan 21, 2016, 03:44 AM
Yeah, if I only get one replacement I'll see how it goes, and if it's no good just upgrade them myself

I think only one will be sent, not entirely sure.
Jan 21, 2016, 06:38 AM
Keep Looking Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthr350z
Anyone have anytrouble with breaking teeth in the gearbox? I did in the rear, and for the life of me cannot find a replacement gear. What good is a part number in the manual if you cant order a replacement.
Nope! Did you get the kit or RTR? Were you trying to turn the wheels by hand or something? (had to ask!)
Last edited by BWX232; Jan 21, 2016 at 06:45 AM.
Jan 21, 2016, 06:45 AM
Keep Looking Up
Here's those servos in action:
Rocksta - Upgraded Servos (2 min 32 sec)
Jan 21, 2016, 09:33 PM
Got the RTR. I let my niece drive it over a blanket pile I made. The wheel got wrapped in the blanket and she was full throttle.

Quick Reply