Basher RockSta 1/24 4WS Mini Rock Crawler

Two motors and four wheel steering.

Off-road Crawling in Your Living Room

Hobbyking's newest vehicle is a micro crawler with four-wheel steering and a motor on each axle. This almost ready-to-run 1/24th scale crawler comes with a 3-channel transmitter that offers push-button control of the steering modes: front wheels only, rear wheels only, front and rear wheels in opposing directions, and front and rear wheels in the same direction (crabbing).

The Rocksta does come with a transmitter, but a 350mAh 2s Lipo is required. The price is currently set at $65.94 from the international warehouse.

Features:

• RTR with KIT version available soon
  • 4 wheel steering with 4 steering modes that can be switched while driving
  • Motor on axle improve grip on both the front and rear tires
  • LCG chassis design for handling steep inclines
  • 2 in 1 ESC and receiver
  • Uses 2S 7.4V Lipo batteries

CLICK HERE for more info on the all-new Basher RockSta 1/24 4WS Mini Rock Crawler.

BSR 1/24 Mini Rock Crawler RockSta - HobbyKing Product Video (1 min 36 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Dec 23, 2015 at 10:36 PM..
Dec 23, 2015, 10:57 AM

I may consider the kit version if the price is lower. Neat idea, though. Love the wheels, too.
Dec 23, 2015, 05:01 PM
Looks really cool and the price is a steal vs the trail trekker's 150$ nimh powered price tag
Dec 23, 2015, 08:18 PM
That looks like a great little truck! Where could you get a battery that small?

PS. You said it was a 1/24 in the title and a 1/32 in the write up...or am I missing something here?
Latest blog entry: Life Updates :)
Dec 26, 2015, 06:03 PM
Out of stock. Typically HK
Dec 30, 2015, 11:02 PM
Well the kit version is available now, but for people like me, I don't see the point. Trying to find a dual ESC and motors that will fit will be a pain. More speed and power? Not on this size. Looks like the RTR is great package. I'm sure we'll see it available again and in the other warehouses.
Dec 31, 2015, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
Well the kit version is available now, but for people like me, I don't see the point. Trying to find a dual ESC and motors that will fit will be a pain. More speed and power? Not on this size. Looks like the RTR is great package. I'm sure we'll see it available again and in the other warehouses.
The "130 size" are easy to find. And cheap, too. They will run in parallel off any small ESC. If you run the them in series, you'll get lower speed and current AND an electromagnetic front/rear diff as a (perhaps wanted) bonus.

The question to ask your self would be "How about pinion gears", " Are they supplied with the kit" These could be the real show stoppers...
Jan 01, 2016, 08:01 PM
Keep Looking Up
Ohh.. looks like two threads on this truck.. Well here's the first vid I made, will make some more today now that family all went home!

Just first look....
BASHER Rocksta 1:24th Scale Mini Rock Crawler first look -FPV (9 min 57 sec)
Jan 01, 2016, 10:03 PM
Keep Looking Up
And here's some pics I took..
Jan 01, 2016, 10:27 PM
How are wheels connected? Hex, half moon shaft, or axle pin?
Jan 03, 2016, 07:56 AM
Keep Looking Up
Axle pin.. Tiny little pin!

I got a running vid edited finally. Pretty cool little RC. I think it needs better tires and shocks, but it is fun stock too.

Basher ROCKSTRA - Epic Livingroom course (19 min 57 sec)
Jan 03, 2016, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX_
Axle pin.. Tiny little pin!

Cool. If they'll ever sell the wheels I'll be getting a set.
Jan 03, 2016, 11:26 AM
Keep Looking Up
I'm not sure if "regular" 1/24th scale crawler tires like for that Losi will fit or not. Need to buy some and see I guess.
Jan 04, 2016, 06:39 AM
Long video, but that's what it's about. Chilling in the living room cruising around.

The Losi wheels should work. They have just the axle pin and a small hex like the bigger RCs do. Just remove the hex to expose the pin, but if the spacing is wrong you should be able to shim it with a washer(s) under the nut.

I haven't ever done a set of tires, but I've read that you can soak them in WD-40 or Simple Green cleaner for an hour or so and then clean them off. Once they dry they'll be softer and extra grippy.
Jan 04, 2016, 09:34 AM
Keep Looking Up
Oh I was thinking about just installing new tires onto the stock wheels. Looks like the tires are just glued on, should be easy to put them in hot water or heat them up and get them off.

I have a kit version coming, so maybe I will try to mount tires on those wheels when they get here.

I'll measure the wheels and see if it is even close before I order new tires though..

Oh BTW, the RTR version is in stock again.

Quick Reply