Dec 23, 2015, 06:08 AM
Thread OP
Question

How do I connect my Graupner MC-20 to my Vector FC

I have a Graupner MC-20 Tx and a GR-24L or GR-12L RX. I need help connecting my Radio system to my Eagle Tree system Vector flight controller.
Is there anyone that can help get connected and also steer me in the right direction to setup and fly with this Quad.

Vito
to remove ads between posts
Dec 23, 2015, 11:21 AM
On the Graupner side there is little that needs to be done.

You will have to setup the RX side to output SUMO with at least 8 channels output and that's about it. The rest is done on the vector side.

To setup the RX to do SUMO got to the telemetry and settings & data view menu and look for a field that says OUTPUT TYPE. Make there the changes for SUMO output and then connect CH8 of the RX to the vector input channel. It's a single wire connection between the RX and vector.
Dec 23, 2015, 12:06 PM
You'll need to use the GR-24L for that. The GR-12L doesn't support SUMO.
Dec 27, 2015, 02:10 AM
Thread OP
Which single wire do I use to connect between the Rx and the Vector?
Dec 27, 2015, 12:11 PM

How do I connect my Graupner MC-20 to my Vector FC

It's right there in Mannie's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
To setup the RX to do SUMO got to the telemetry and settings & data view menu and look for a field that says OUTPUT TYPE. Make there the changes for SUMO output and then connect CH8 of the RX to the vector input channel. It's a single wire connection between the RX and vector.
Dec 28, 2015, 11:59 AM
Thread OP
Which wire on the Vector wiring harness do I connect to the RX. Do I use the Vector wires or do I need something else.
Do I get RX power from the Vector, or do I need a separate power supply.
Thanks for the help as I forgot that I made the original post.
Dec 28, 2015, 05:43 PM
There are several ways to wire and power the vector. You should follow their installation instructions as I do recall that they are very detailed.

All I know for sure is that it does support SUMO which should simplify the installation.
Dec 28, 2015, 07:40 PM
Thread OP
When you say follow their directions. Whose directions Eagle tree or Graupner?
Dec 28, 2015, 08:07 PM
Eagle tree, you are trying to connect their product. You will have to follow their installation sequence to make it work.

Quick Reply