Oct 11, 2021, 12:08 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB
PS,

perfect weather tomorrow for the sad people who do things like going to the market for breakfast, going to the archery range for the saturday open training session, dare I say it??? Flying a toy aeroplane or whatever.

So I am a sad person 'cos I would love to do any of those things but I guess we will stay at home.

My Baby tested (quick test at work) positive this morning (she woke up feeling like with all the symptoms) whilst we wait for the Lab tests from the PCR test... I have been feeling increasingly 'off colour' all day but we are both inoculated so just a few days on the settee then we're back rockin' an' rollin'.

So if I have 'the disease' my body will develop anti-bodies and as I have been inoculated I will then have sort of Super Powers, immune to everything, bit like Superman, hardest man on Earth, cool....

edit..................

Came up negative on the PCR test so back to humanity. Got the result just as the daylight was fading so a wasted day but beer and strictly on the telly ;.)
Fin virus, don’t get me started on it now.

I only can say thank god it wasn’t worse, despite all the deaths and morbidity, it could have been far worse, and it’s like pandora’s box and as I have said it before, we opened it.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2021, 03:02 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
The Complete History of the Second World War | World War II Documentary | Part 1 (48 min 30 sec)

Surprisingly concise, very good, gets a thumb up
Oct 17, 2021, 11:11 PM
Nobodies perfect, but that's ok, cause you're forgiven.
Guest Speaker: Tibor Lak 10.17.21 (44 min 59 sec)
Oct 17, 2021, 11:13 PM
This is really interesting, all the scientific data used to back Noah's flood and what happened to the prehistoric life. I attended this talk in person, and it was amazing. I'm glad there's a YT link so I can see it again. Mind you, this isn't just some guy on a street corner, this guy is a Fellow at Nasa!

A Fresh Look: Noah's Flood, the Ice Age, and the Death of Dinosaurs. 10.16.21 (3 hr 42 min 14 sec)
Oct 18, 2021, 06:53 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
I call and raise you Christine Hayes’ lectures on the bible, to play ha’shatan.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...Ei0JdMUujXfyWi
Oct 20, 2021, 05:34 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Iol, excellent stuff out there, seriously who needs anything else

That Time Geocentrists Tricked A Bunch of Physicists (45 min 23 sec)

Chewing gum for the eyes.
Oct 20, 2021, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez
I call and raise you Christine Hayes’ lectures on the bible, to play ha’shatan.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...Ei0JdMUujXfyWi
Dang! That's a lot of lectures... I'll certainly buzz down a few of them to see her perspective on things.
Oct 21, 2021, 05:21 AM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
The trouble is, to be as precise as possible, the past is unknowable.

History is but accounts by humans to reconstruct an approximation of what happened.

For example, I don’t know what I ate 1 year ago this day for lunch because I did not record it down. Statistically, it is very likely I had a ham sandwich. I could write down now today, 1 year after I did, who could challenge this?

For claims that are fairly banal like that, however, whether I did or not eat a ham sandwich probably doesn’t matter. It is banal, nothing special. No special meaning.

But for more radical claims, to quote Carl Sagan, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

And that proof may need to be more rigorous than just he said she said...etc.

Therefore, extraordinary claims are sometimes seen by some as perhaps allegory or denial of the harsh reality of life, say because of wishful thinking for the existence of concepts such divine justice.

It is useful to put books like Daniel in that context when one actually realises when they were written. Some people to this day maintain Daniel was actually written during the Babylonian exile. Just like some people do not acknowledge the crusades were... quite evil and anti Semitic.

See the last video I posted which mentions Vatican 2. Not many people who are Catholics are actually taught this stuff.
Oct 21, 2021, 05:56 AM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
We are very easily deceived

The Kuleshov Effect - Everything You Need To Know (6 min 0 sec)
Oct 21, 2021, 06:43 AM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez
Iol, excellent stuff out there, seriously who needs anything else

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=icwDF8wRgF4

Chewing gum for the eyes.
Ha, I found it

The Principle documentary (1 hr 28 min 10 sec)

Who needs Netflix, srsly.
Oct 21, 2021, 04:21 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
And it keeps on giving

294 The Five Laws Of Stupidity (15 min 37 sec)
Oct 22, 2021, 09:05 AM
Is what I'm doing helping?
You never know. I've met janitors that write code as a hobby.

I also once met a maintenance manager in charge of a small factory that didn't know the difference between a diode and a resistor.

[EDIT] That was many years ago. (I don't want to get fired. )
Last edited by Steve_; Oct 22, 2021 at 09:14 AM.
Oct 22, 2021, 09:16 AM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Was it that last video you're referring to? I think you may have missed his point

His contention is not about specific areas of knowledge.

Rather, decision making and harming others.

You could be a janitor and be extremely wise.
Oct 22, 2021, 09:25 AM
Is what I'm doing helping?
Yeah that was specific. In his defense he made a 12 tooth sprocket out of 1/2" plate with a cutting torch. I just didn't like the guy cuz I'm stupid.

Quick Reply