Mar 29, 2020, 11:33 AM
Check my blog....
I just built a new PC.... windows 7 pro.... so much better than windooze 10
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2020, 03:36 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
I have several Mosin Nagant's in various forms. A really great reliable almost impossible to break rifle. I literally have crates of that ammo. An old Mauser is also a good choice. I have several of those in 7mm and 8mm. I remember when you could get a Mosin for $35 at a gun show. Now they start at around $225.

Let us know what you end up with. I keep saying I'm gonna get a new PC too but keep putting it off.
I know. I was surprised you man was saying we could get czech versions. I don't care. If I have 3/4's of a barrel left unworn I'll be happy. All I got to do is hit 50-100m. (I don't see bambi beyond, woods etc). I don't care about optics too much as well - and you know that optics will be an issue unless it's PU or something... But was really got me was I was surprised at his insistence 7.62x54R here was common. It's sunday night , I"ll find out if the shop is open in the AM.

I was thinking of a 9mm carbine, that way, I'd have commonality with everything else. Just buy FMJ nato and may some JHP if exists in any shape or form here. We don't have big game here- 9mm should do everything - and I suppose, if push come to shove the FMJ should take care of bigger more intelligent predators with thick winter gear. I suspect all I'll be able to get is FMJ nato anyway. 9 mil my family most likely will be able to handle anyway. Not sure about full charge rifle ammo.

maybe a shottie first. Gramps has one but it's not great... it's ancient.

What are you guys doing for walkie talkies?
Mar 29, 2020, 10:26 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
I would definitely wait, the new Intel desktop chips are right around the corner.
Man what if my electric bill is so high I can't buy TP?

Hah, u got #15000 I will test out FAH tonight!
Mar 29, 2020, 11:26 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think both my computers would cost about $20 a month (i3/i7). It's been cold here this month anyway.

Mar 29, 2020, 11:46 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This is my pattern for rc fixed wing for some reason.
Messerschmitt Bf-109 G14 "Schwarze2" LOW & LOUD (7 min 48 sec)
Mar 30, 2020, 02:21 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Good night
Leather and Lace [Official Music Video] - Stevie Nicks (3 min 49 sec)
Last edited by Dave778; Mar 30, 2020 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Last one sucked
Mar 30, 2020, 05:01 AM
Check my blog....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave778
This is my pattern for rc fixed wing for some reason.
Nice display... what a sound! Awesome....

I bet he was kicking himself when he realised he did the whole display with the dive brakes on tho...

Maybe he did it on purpose to slow down a bit to stay near the field?
Mar 30, 2020, 12:58 PM
Genius man
LMFAO

Trump refuses to answer how he will respond to a Russian spy ship (2 min 22 sec)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Mar 30, 2020, 01:50 PM
Genius man
Also this drone shouldn't be flying over people! I will report it to the CAA and see what they have to say.

Police drone video shames people using national park during UK lockdown (1 min 28 sec)

Mar 30, 2020, 02:02 PM
rc user
it would really get Orwellian if the police drone had a loudspeaker on it.
Mar 30, 2020, 02:05 PM
Genius man
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
it would really get Orwellian if the police drone had a loudspeaker on it.
They had one in Wales, at my Mrs's local Asda supermarket car park, flying on top of people, with a loudspeaker shouting "Go home!" LMFAO

If they can do that then I too can fly my helis at my deserted flying field during a lockdown. At least I ain't flying over people!

I wonder, do those police drones have CAA registration numbers attached to them!?

Last edited by denis747; Mar 30, 2020 at 02:12 PM.
Mar 30, 2020, 06:48 PM
Is what I'm doing helping?
I'm creeping up on top 4% (currently 4.3)

Hard to believe considering all of my towers are 5+ years old except for one (an almost 2 year old entry level workstation).
It's the video card that counts, my 8 year old i5 and 660ti makes more points than a brand new i5 without a graphic card.

If your rig is older, don't run Folding without first removing your video card and cleaning the dust out.

Task manager says my GPU's are running at 40 to 60%, but they heat up like you are flogging them at 110%.
My 660ti was thermal throttling at 80c until I realized it had cat fur and dust back behind the fans where you
couldn't see. After cleaning/blasting it with 50PSI from the air compressor it's running 65c with 70% fan speed.
(If you use a compressor, resist the urge to spool up the fans. You can cook the fan driver doo dads.)

Just in time, looks like they have new work for us. https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/30...-calculations/
My computers are not powerful enough for some of the work units, but I'll bet some of our readers own such hardware.

Here is a link to the main page if you want to join: https://foldingathome.org/

There is also a site where you have a chance of making some of your money back. https://curecoin.net/
( potentially turning a profit if you don't pay the electric bill ?) Not sure how this works and will check into it.

It sounds too good to be true.

[ EDIT ] Just hit top 3.9% https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/ted53511
Last edited by Steve_; Mar 30, 2020 at 09:00 PM.
Mar 31, 2020, 11:36 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think I would need a dedicated PC, the i7 heated up a lot (CPU 90-100C) with the stock Intel cooler, and the i3 was unusable at full power or the computation points were nothing when light power. I dunno. Do you have a real world case that made you want to do this?
Apr 01, 2020, 12:28 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcifer
Nice display... what a sound! Awesome....

I bet he was kicking himself when he realised he did the whole display with the dive brakes on tho...

Maybe he did it on purpose to slow down a bit to stay near the field?
They sound cool, like 20 rectangular sq feet against 350mph or so.
Apr 01, 2020, 08:59 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis747
LMFAO

https://youtu.be/A_y75Er1nQo

But preconceived notions aside, he’s right. I mean, I wouldn’t.

True Facts: The Wacky Giraffe (10 min 36 sec)

Quick Reply