Jan 23, 2022, 12:29 PM
Big club and you aint in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave778
Much more like it!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2022, 12:30 PM
The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath...

The Battle Of Evermore (5 min 52 sec)

When I was around 5 or so my older (Much older) sister gave me her collection of 45's and this was in there. I knew nothing of what I was hearing other than the fact that I liked it.

I would blast this out of the crappy record player (the old all in one type) until my father threatened to smash it all with a bat.

So soft your fields of green
Can whisper tails of gore
Of how we calmed the tides of war
We are your overloards.

Immigrant Song (Remaster) (2 min 27 sec)
Last edited by RaisedByWolves; Jan 23, 2022 at 12:35 PM.
Jan 23, 2022, 01:58 PM
Genius man
Modern cars. Every time the computer has to tell you something is faulty. Code P1412 EGR valve frozen, Code P0299 Turbocharger/Supercharger underboost,. ...........etc.

I don't have a Mercedes but even the alternator is controlled by the engine management computer on mine. So called Smart Charge. I replaced the alternator on my own and what a pain just to replace an alternator. Boost pipes had to removed and the Aircon compressor had to be unbolted and moved aside just to get to an alternator bolt

People Say I’m Full of Crap About Mercedes, Well Watch This (15 min 17 sec)
Last edited by denis747; Jan 23, 2022 at 02:12 PM.
Jan 23, 2022, 05:41 PM
Jan 23, 2022, 05:54 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
I know, right? You should hear your man go on about the minis.

He’s kinda right though. I test drove a few 2 gen BMW minis. Car feels electric, even though it’s petrol. The accelerator pedal seems to be an electrical switch! Drive by wire! There’s no push rod exiting the cabin. I know, I don’t know how they did it, it feels ...ok. But not like a normal accelerator pedal in a je ne sais quoi manner. That’s what made me take a torchlight to it to look, that’s how I found out.

The dashboard and furniture look retro but all the buttons and knobs etc.. all digital.

Eh... I’m not sure.

It runs like the clappers.

I must see what a mini electric is like. That’s a really stupid choice though as I need range. And while it’s not Canada cold here, I still like to turn on the heating... And I like manual transmissions.

Still I’ll bet that model REALLY goes like the clappers.
Jan 23, 2022, 09:31 PM
"Sleigh Ride" in 7/8 time by John Eidsvoog (2 min 44 sec)
Jan 24, 2022, 12:26 AM
rc user
Denis- Ford/Mazda's(and probably many more) have computer controlled alternators on later models.
by later I mean even 15 years old. Just worked on an 07 Mazda 3 with this crap.

Ford "Smart Charge System" Alternator Not Charging (40 min 2 sec)
Jan 24, 2022, 12:44 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves
The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath...
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (13 min 33 sec)
Jan 24, 2022, 02:10 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The D̲ark S̲ide of the Mo̲o̲n (Full Album)1973 (42 min 58 sec)
Jan 24, 2022, 02:15 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anyone seen my past posts of Pink Floyd or Roger Waters? I can post again if not.
Jan 24, 2022, 02:35 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves
When I was around 5 or so my older (Much older) sister gave me her collection of 45's and this was in there. I knew nothing of what I was hearing other than the fact that I liked it.

I would blast this out of the crappy record player (the old all in one type) until my father threatened to smash it all with a bat.
Boston - Foreplay / Long Time (Audio) (7 min 50 sec)
Jan 24, 2022, 06:00 AM
Genius man
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
Denis- Ford/Mazda's(and probably many more) have computer controlled alternators on later models.
by later I mean even 15 years old. Just worked on an 07 Mazda 3 with this crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWu8uFj-a7E
Pat, yes that is correct. Mine is a late 07 Ford Focus 1.6 Tdci. I was driving it, about 3 weeks ago, then suddenly a message appeared on the dash saying electric power steering system failure and the steering became very heavy lol. Luckily I was going slow. I pulled over and turned it off. I tried to start the car and was greeted by the starter just clicking. That's when I knew the battery had completely drained. I jump started her and she died after about a minute. I then knew it must be the alternator. The stupid Smart Charge system didn't even light up the battery light on the dash to let me know that there was a fault. Stupid computers.

A friend towed me back home. When I had the chance to remove the old alternator I found that one brush was worn and its corresponding slip ring had completely worn out to bare metal lol.
Last edited by denis747; Jan 24, 2022 at 06:11 AM.
Jan 24, 2022, 09:04 AM
Genius man
Bros, I just found out the reason for my code P0299 Turbocharger/Supercharger underboost. I forgot to tighten one boost pipe hose clamp when I replaced the alternator. Oops!

Even YadTech makes little mistakes once in a while. You can see the new alternator hiding under that anti shudder valve body thingy. What a pig of a job to replace an alternator on these.

Ford focus mk2 (0 min 29 sec)
Last edited by denis747; Jan 24, 2022 at 09:10 AM.
Jan 24, 2022, 09:42 AM
rc user
neighbor's 2013 ecoboost Ford Escape, have to remove the windshield wipers and a couple panels to replace the battery. great design.
most recent failure was a Medusa-looking heater hose assembly, over $100 for a friggen heater hose.. stuff we used to pay $2 a foot for..
I've had it with newer cars, they are intentionally designed to make it hard to repair.
Jan 24, 2022, 10:02 AM
Genius man
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
neighbor's 2013 ecoboost Ford Escape, have to remove the windshield wipers and a couple panels to replace the battery. great design.
most recent failure was a Medusa-looking heater hose assembly, over $100 for a friggen heater hose.. stuff we used to pay $2 a foot for..
I've had it with newer cars, they are intentionally designed to make it hard to repair.
I just replaced the egr valve on mine as there was diagnostic codes saying the old one was frozen. I had to remove the windshield wipers and two plastic scuttle panels just to get to it. When I took the old one off I discovered that someone already did a bodge job and blanked it with a piece of metal. They didn't bother to delete egr on software hence the codes. The new one is in and all is well now.

Here is a photo of the old one. You can see the metal blanking plate bodge that someone did in the past.

Quick Reply