ROCHOBBY 1100mm NXT Nemesis Racing PNP from Diamond Hobby! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 22, 2015, 03:48 PM
In thrust we trust.
New Product

ROCHOBBY 1100mm NXT Nemesis Racing PNP from Diamond Hobby!

Available now for pre-order! The all new ROCHOBBY 1100mm Nemesis NXT! This is the fifth plane in the ROCHOBBY racing series.

http://www.diamondhobby.com/airplane...sis-racing-pnp

I was given the pleasure of setting up and test flying this new model from Jim and Frank over at Diamond Hobby. Let me tell you, the Nemesis is an absolute blast to fly. It is FAST and not for beginners. The Nemesis does well over 100mph, and I pushed those limits even more by adjusting for the highest possible timing with the factory ESC. The plane is rock solid and does whatever you tell it to do. Very very sharp and will get many looks at the field. My favorite is the whistling woosh sound at high speed from cutting through the air. Every moment of flying is a pleasure.

Build time was less than 30 minutes. All that was required was installing the elevator halves (2 screws) & linkage, 4 screws on the main wing, and installing the prop and spinner.
  • Wingspan: 1100mm /43.3in
  • Overall Length: 1075mm/42.3 in
  • Motor Size: Brushless 3648-KV870
  • ESC: 70A w/ 5V SBEC (Comes with T-Plug)
  • Servos: 9g digital metal gear Servo x 4, 9g servo x 2 - All preinstalled
  • Radio: 6 Channels
  • Recommended CG: 40-45mm (From Leading Edge)
  • Prop Size: 10x10
  • Recommended Battery: Li-Po 14.8V 2600mAh 35C
Here are my main notes:
  1. This is one of the best quality foamies I've worked with. Secure clevises on the servo arms, and ball links on the control horns. Zero slop.. All linkages are pre-installed except the elevator which is a snap.
  2. Recommended battery is 2600 4S 35C. This will work great. I use a Predator 3300mah 4S 35C lipo. 2200's will also work, as long as they're not too fat for the hatch to close; and the flight time will be reduced. With the 3300mah batt, flight times are 4 minutes of very hard throttle flying. With a 2200, that needs to be 3-3.5 minutes. Cruising around, aerobatics, and a few high speed passes are good for 5 minutes, landing at storage voltage.
  3. The recommended CG is 40-45mm from the leading edge, closest to the fuse. 40mm is too fore, in my opinion. Balanced at 45mm the plane flies and lands very well, but feels a bit nose heavy in the air. I have adjusted mine at the fattest part of the wing, around 55-60mm which offers the perfect CG for hard pylon flight and aerobatics. If you intend to fly this plane on a grass runway, it will have a tendency to want to nose over while getting rolling from a stop on take off. This can be remedied with full deflection elevator until she's rolling, ease off, a touch of right rudder, and you'll be on your way! The motor is very powerful; a full throttle & yank take off will not work on the Nemesis, it will torque. At least a semi-scale take off with some head speed is a must. For this reason alone, this plane is ideal for intermediate to advanced pilots.
  4. I used the recommended control throws
  5. For landings I like to come in a touch hot and drop low with quarter flaps deployed, cut throttle just before the runway and she sets herself done. I have about 4% down elevator mixed with the quarter flaps. I only suggest that based on your own preference and flying style. If you have a short runway and calm winds, full flaps would be a good idea. I do not use flaps if there is much of a head wind.
Again, big thanks to the folks at Diamond Hobby. The Nemesis is a real winner and will keep your heart pumping! Drop in your 6ch receiver and 4S 2600-3300 and shred the skies!

Video to come soon!

Matt
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2015, 11:36 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
Looks great. Will probably have to pick one of these up after the first customer reports come in.
Jan 01, 2016, 09:14 PM
In thrust we trust.
Flight video is up! More to come

ROCHOBBY 1100MM NEMESIS RACING NXT - SRCC Tallahassee, FL (4 min 0 sec)
Feb 09, 2016, 01:31 PM
Pronoun trouble...
I just got confirmation this morning from Jim at Diamond Hobby:

A sample is on its way for an official RCGroups review and to be honest, I can hardly wait!
Feb 09, 2016, 01:44 PM
In thrust we trust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DismayingObservation
I just got confirmation this morning from Jim at Diamond Hobby:

A sample is on its way for an official RCGroups review and to be honest, I can hardly wait!

You will love it!!!
Feb 09, 2016, 04:04 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Oh, yes indeed. I've reviewed a few FMS models for Jim and they're amazing! This model looks to be a real standout.
Feb 15, 2016, 06:11 AM
Hello Matt,

the plane looks great - but I don't like the look of plastic-spinner. Could you measure diameter and length? Maybe there is a CfK-replacement on the market .
Are you happy with the 4s-setup? I have a lot of 6s3000mAh accus laying around - any idea whether they would be to heavy? (would need a motor with less kV for sure).
Feb 20, 2016, 11:23 PM
Mark Triebes
Ready to race ... my Strega's motor was old and tired, so I replaced it with the slightly higher Kv NXT motor (and 10 x 10 prop), so we'll see which airframe is the quickest.
Mar 01, 2016, 12:47 PM
pdmodeler

Cg

I started out with a 2600ma battery and I up 10 oz handing on the spinner to balance at 45mm. I installed a 2200ma and still needed over 5 oz . The problem is I can find a place to put the wt. How did you balance it and at what CG and where did you put the wt.
Pat
Mar 03, 2016, 07:18 PM
In thrust we trust.
I used 4S 3300 and started all the way forward. Now I fly it about 1.5" aft. The recommend cg is too far forward in my opinion
Mar 30, 2016, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhendrix
I used 4S 3300 and started all the way forward. Now I fly it about 1.5" aft. The recommend cg is too far forward in my opinion
Could you post a pic of your Lipo location ?
May 02, 2016, 10:58 AM
DominicM
I have put together quite a few RocHobby models and this is by far the easiest to assemble. Very little to do. You can have it all together in about 15 minutes. Flies on rails on a 4S200-3000 pack and the flaps slow it down to a crawl for landing. Anyone else tried one out?

FMS RocHobby NXT Nemesis Racing PNP: ESSENTIAL RC FLIGHT TEST (GearBest.COM) (12 min 1 sec)
May 07, 2016, 10:51 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
Yep, got mine recently and it flies great and FAST. The only issues I have is that it does not like to land when full flaps are deployed. Ran it off the end of the runway once and flipped it over putting some small dents in the top of the cowling near the prop marring that incredible looking foam very slightly. The foam on my plane is smoothest of any foam plane I have and looks almost like a composite plane especially after a couple of coats of polyurethane gloss clear.
May 10, 2016, 06:13 PM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
I have about 40 flights on mine, I shot the whole airframe with gloss clear Krylon acrylic spray and it really sharpens up the looks and protects the paint from wear and dirt. I fly mine with 4s 3200 mah and am getting 6 minutes with power to spare. Great quality and flyer here! How do you go about adjusting the ESC timing for more speed? Not that you really need it...
Last edited by Mark Gund; May 10, 2016 at 06:22 PM.
May 10, 2016, 07:24 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
I fly mine with a Thunder Power 2700 4s inserted into the plastic engine mount in order to get farther foward. I still had to add lead weight in the nose in order to get it to balance at the factory CG point. Flies great at this CG point but haven't experimented with any CG points behind this by taking some weight out of the nose.