SoloShot3 .... want to buy ! - RC Groups
Dec 22, 2015, 12:24 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Rant

SoloShot3 .... want to buy !

https://shop.soloshot.com/

I really like the look of this and Wife said ... Nigel - its your 60th B/day coming up ... treat yourself to it.

With shipping and tripod etc. $545 ....

Great thinks I ... and I click on the buttons ... enter address ..... put Credit card number .... FAILED transaction.

I try 6 different cards ... yes I have a lot of them !! NOTHING WORKS ... one says wrong match .. another says street and Postcode mismatch ... another says transaction declined ...

I want it but cannot pay !!

I have sent a mail to them and now wait to see reply.

This camera set-up will solve the videoing of my models totally !

Nigel
to remove ads between posts
Dec 23, 2015, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife
https://shop.soloshot.com/

I really like the look of this and Wife said ... Nigel - its your 60th B/day coming up ... treat yourself to it.

With shipping and tripod etc. $545 ....

Great thinks I ... and I click on the buttons ... enter address ..... put Credit card number .... FAILED transaction.

I try 6 different cards ... yes I have a lot of them !! NOTHING WORKS ... one says wrong match .. another says street and Postcode mismatch ... another says transaction declined ...

I want it but cannot pay !!

I have sent a mail to them and now wait to see reply.

This camera set-up will solve the videoing of my models totally !

Nigel
pre ordered mine about october - they are usually very good at replying, my preorder went through fine
Dec 23, 2015, 01:08 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrophantom
pre ordered mine about october - they are usually very good at replying, my preorder went through fine
They already replied but the advise didn't work ... so now I am waiting for another solution from them.

Nigel
Dec 17, 2016, 08:36 AM
I'm All Thumbs
Could be as simple as outdated software on your PC.Either the OS or your browser & it's cadre of doodads.
Preordered the SS3 around April 2016...I'm about ready to cancel.
The last 'update' in November detailed an overheating issue in the base to be remedied by new multi-connected pcb's & heatsinks in addition to a camera lens focusing issue to which a SoloShot team was dispatched to the MFG to ID & work out assembly issues (working thru the Thanksgiving holiday no less).
They make it sound like a first gen. project instead of a 3rd gen. production.
I'm beginning to think 3rd rate myself.
HTH
J
Dec 17, 2016, 05:59 PM
SS3 has been put back until summer 2017 due to production changes so if you need it before then you will be disappointed
Dec 17, 2016, 10:02 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
The issue was sorted quickly - it was the use of banking that would not accept certain data / patments . Basically a poorly setup payment system that was USA orientated and limited in international processing. This is not unusual and a limiting factor for many US based sellers.

Nigel
Dec 17, 2016, 10:35 PM
I'm All Thumbs
Quote:
SS3 has been put back until summer 2017 due to production changes so if you need it before then you will be disappointed
Yep, been disappointed since about August.

Quote:
The issue was sorted quickly - it was the use of banking that would not accept certain data / patments . Basically a poorly setup payment system that was USA orientated and limited in international processing. This is not unusual and a limiting factor for many US based sellers.

Nigel
Good to hear Nigel.
Nov 02, 2017, 09:28 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
I know its been a long time ... but :>

Just received email to confirm Shipping Address !!

They say my Order should go out by UPS on on or before Nov 23.

Nigel
Nov 02, 2017, 09:41 AM
Quote:
I know its been a long time ... but :>

Just received email to confirm Shipping Address !!

They say my Order should go out by UPS on on or before Nov 23.

Nigel
the way they have handled the whole shipping thing is a disgrace to be honest !, shipping out to people who ordered months after others is plain crap
Nov 02, 2017, 12:04 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Quote:
the way they have handled the whole shipping thing is a disgrace to be honest !, shipping out to people who ordered months after others is plain crap
Please explain where you hear they ship to others first ?

I ordered in Dec 2015 ... are you implying I am getting mine before an earlier order ?

The only argument I have with the shipping arrangement is the route used.

Far East factory to California and then to customers worldwide. Sorry to say this - but the USA is one of the worst places in the world for shipping out stuff ... I am in business and we avoid USA shipping like the plague. Not only that but using UPS ....... which we call - "OOPS ! missed again".

This SS3 I know will end up in Latvian Customs and I will have to travel a round trip of 400km to sort it out.

Lets see what happens ...

Nigel
Nov 02, 2017, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Please explain where you hear they ship to others first ?

I ordered in Dec 2015 ... are you implying I am getting mine before an earlier order ?

The only argument I have with the shipping arrangement is the route used.

Far East factory to California and then to customers worldwide. Sorry to say this - but the USA is one of the worst places in the world for shipping out stuff ... I am in business and we avoid USA shipping like the plague. Not only that but using UPS ....... which we call - "OOPS ! missed again".

This SS3 I know will end up in Latvian Customs and I will have to travel a round trip of 400km to sort it out.

Lets see what happens ...

Nigel

for your information, I and a large number of others, ordered when the SS3 was released, my order dates were 26&29th Sept 2015 for the pro package and optic65 package. On the soloshot facebook forums you will see many very angry people like me who see people who ordered months after people like me, who have not only got their emails but have actually got the units already, so yes people like me are not at all happy with soloshot !!!

I have now cancelled my pro order as they could not even guarantee it will be ready late 2018 !!!!!!

I am STILL waiting (738 days and counting) for my email to confirm my email address despite being one of the first to order - its an utter shambles and I wont ever trust them again to be honest
Nov 02, 2017, 01:49 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Now I understand ... you are MIXING Pro with Standard units.

It has been known for significant time that the PRO versions would be AFTER the Standard units.

Sorry you are affected - but at least now I understand ...

For those not privy to the SS3 ..... there are more than just two types of package :

The STANDARD base unit + adaptor for own camera

The STANDARD with Optic 25 camera

The STANDARD with Optic 65 camera

then the PRO package generally with 65 camera ....

Soloshot have made it clear that Pro orders would take longer because they require different setup and development.

In fact when I ordered my STANDARD with 25 - I never saw any Pro package on the website that I could see ... it was only St + 25 or 65 or the base unit for users to fit own camera.

Yes there are plenty of disgruntled people on SS Facebook site ... and more Standard than Pro in fact. There are Standard customers who are not happy to have their Standard units delayed by a variant of the unit termed Pro.

Sorry Pyro - but it definitely looks like one of those situations that looks different depending on which side of the track you're on. Standard buyers are p****d of with the Pro delaying things ... seems Pro buyers are p*****d off because their units are second on the production list ...

As I understand it from all the correspondence for the Pro - its not shipping - its production of the Pro that's holding it up.

My shipping date for the Std system falls right into line with SS advisory about the affair. I am not recv'g my unit ahead of others ...

Nigel
Nov 02, 2017, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Now I understand ... you are MIXING Pro with Standard units.

It has been known for significant time that the PRO versions would be AFTER the Standard units.

Sorry you are affected - but at least now I understand ...

For those not privy to the SS3 ..... there are more than just two types of package :

The STANDARD base unit + adaptor for own camera

The STANDARD with Optic 25 camera

The STANDARD with Optic 65 camera

then the PRO package generally with 65 camera ....

Soloshot have made it clear that Pro orders would take longer because they require different setup and development.

In fact when I ordered my STANDARD with 25 - I never saw any Pro package on the website that I could see ... it was only St + 25 or 65 or the base unit for users to fit own camera.

Yes there are plenty of disgruntled people on SS Facebook site ... and more Standard than Pro in fact. There are Standard customers who are not happy to have their Standard units delayed by a variant of the unit termed Pro.

Sorry Pyro - but it definitely looks like one of those situations that looks different depending on which side of the track you're on. Standard buyers are p****d of with the Pro delaying things ... seems Pro buyers are p*****d off because their units are second on the production list ...

As I understand it from all the correspondence for the Pro - its not shipping - its production of the Pro that's holding it up.

My shipping date for the Std system falls right into line with SS advisory about the affair. I am not recv'g my unit ahead of others ...

Nigel
no it doesnt !!....you have not been part of the facebook groups so you know nothing of what has gone on. Hardly anybody has ordered the pro base anyway so it is a non issue !!....nobody has gotten mixed up, confused, or otherwise in any way put down the shipping list for any other reason than soloshot F*****D it up big time (for those just wanting basic packages).

there is no justification for shipping units to people who have ordered 3 months and more, in front of those who took the decision to be early adopters and booked their place in the queue by putting their hard earned money up front when it was launched, only to find those who didnt put their money up until 3 months later getting their units delivered....its plain CRAP !! I would not expect to sit in a restaurant for 3 hours to find someone walk in and get the same order served straight away !!

there is no excuse for crap customer service, and that is crap customer service having some arbritrary way of dealing with pre orders they way they have, pure and simple
Nov 02, 2017, 02:52 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Sorry pal ... but I have been a part of the Facebook Soloshot scene since shortly after I ordered ... AND monitored it regularly.

I've been one of the most vocal of arguers about the whole sorry affair and broken promises ...

I have also been one of the most vocal about the lack of info coming from them - the wrong addressed emails ... the showing of sales videos instead of actual whats happening ...

In fact some months ago - I was very angry with SS for delaying because of the diverting of effort to cater for the Pro !! A version that has caused serious delay not only for itself - but also for everyone else.

Sorry Pal - but you picked the wrong guy to post this with ... because its obvious you have ignored the facts and actual situation.

SS made it plain ages ago - Standard first - Pro next.

Shipping confirmations have been going out for a number of months now (indications are last 2 months anyway) ... SS announced that they were actually ahead on the shipping emails and they were looking to speed it up. So my order being Dec 2015 ... and they have already been emailing out for 2 months ... mmmmm maybe I should have had mine EARLIER ? But no I reckon now is about right based on latest info. AND also that my unit will not leave them before approx 3 weeks from now ...

Nigel
Last edited by solentlife; Nov 02, 2017 at 03:00 PM.
Nov 09, 2017, 09:27 PM
I'm All Thumbs
...Just the three of us in this thread?
Recieved my email confirmation, Solo says I should have my SS3 before Thanksgiving.
Not gonna start holding my breath now though.
Skies
J