Dec 22, 2015, 10:43 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Help!

BIG BROTHER Can See Through Your Walls!

X-ray vision is becoming a reality in a US lab.

"A group of researchers led by Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor Dina Katabi has developed software that uses variations in radio signals to recognize human silhouettes through walls and track their movements.

"Researchers say the technology will be able to help health care providers and families keep closer tabs on toddlers and the elderly, and it could be a new strategic tool for law enforcement and the military.

"Think of it just like cameras, except that it's not a camera," said Fadel Adib, a researcher on the MIT team developing the device.""

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/culture/of....nD73Orij.dpuf
Dec 22, 2015, 11:14 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
You mean they improved it?

Seeing through walls - MIT's Lincoln Laboratory (3 min 46 sec)

Note video posted 2011.
Dec 22, 2015, 11:32 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik
You mean they improved it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H5xmo7...e_continue=141

Note video posted 2011.
A couple of years ago, I came up with the idea of using radio signals as the "x-ray" source to see through walls. This came to mind because of some RFID work I was doing.

All you have to do is have a system that receives either a narrow range of signals like local TV stations, or cell towers, or even a home's wifi signal, or a very broad range of signals to penetrate the walls of a home like a back lighted subject in a photograph. Its a very simple design, and good for most buildings, but in all cases, simple sheets of grounded aluminum foil will fully reflect the rf that you are using to see through the walls, so even the above system in this video can easily be blocked.
Dec 22, 2015, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyl
A couple of years ago, I came up with the idea of using radio signals as the "x-ray" source to see through walls. This came to mind because of some RFID work I was doing.

All you have to do is have a system that receives either a narrow range of signals like local TV stations, or cell towers, or even a home's wifi signal, or a very broad range of signals to penetrate the walls of a home like a back lighted subject in a photograph. Its a very simple design, and good for most buildings, but in all cases, simple sheets of grounded aluminum foil will fully reflect the rf that you are using to see through the walls, so even the above system in this video can easily be blocked.
So you're the reason the Government wants to take guns away grounded aluminum foil users....
Dec 22, 2015, 11:51 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wings
So you're the reason the Government wants to take guns away grounded aluminum foil users....
No foil for you if you owe parking tickets.

Quick Reply