Dec 20, 2015, 08:20 PM
I want to fly everything!
Thread OP
Question

Should the build instructions for my plane go in a build thread or in my blog?

I'm wondering how best to post the build instructions for a kit I want to offer.

I don't expect to make over 10 cents and hour on the time I've invested so far on this project by selling kits. I'm only doing it to make all the people happy who have asked me "Who makes this plane?" They are invariably bummed when I tell them it was scratch built 15 years ago. One of my flying buddies has bugged me so many times that I buckled under the pressure and worked up a kit and wrote build instructions.

Because I couldn't remember how I built the plane I had to build another model in order to create the instructions. This one is 150% larger and a twin motor version. Eventually I would like to offer the larger model in single and twin versions.

If I start a thread I would like to be able to moderate it and clean out off topic posts, etc. I'm not sure if that is allowed.

If I put it in my blog will anyone see it? Can I post a thread with a link to my blog? Is that legal in RCgroups?

Do I need to become a vendor? I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. If costs more than a couple of bucks it isn't worth it to me unless I start to make some money off this. I seriously doubt it will happen and if wrong I would be happy to do the right thing by RCgroups. I mainly just want get people off my back at the flying field when they ask for a kit!

I don't want to step on any toes or get in trouble with big Jim for wrongly promoting my kits.
Last edited by Lance Nordby; Dec 20, 2015 at 08:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2015, 05:01 AM
ARFs Are Me
If you want people to see them, I'd do a build thread. You will get some banter, but your thread will be seen by more people than if you post the build in your blog.
Dec 22, 2015, 09:55 AM
AMA 34191
That's a great looking design. I like how you secured the canopy/battery hatch.

You can put me on that list if you decide to offer kits or even just plans.
Dec 25, 2015, 12:00 AM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulgar Vulture
That's a great looking design. I like how you secured the canopy/battery hatch.

You can put me on that list if you decide to offer kits or even just plans.
Ditto!

Happy Holidays!
Dec 25, 2015, 07:45 PM
I want to fly everything!
Thread OP
Thanks guys.

Which size? 36" or 54"?
Dec 25, 2015, 07:48 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Both!

Quick Reply