Dec 21, 2015, 03:09 PM
Found a place to mount a transducer speaker.

It will be a tight fit and it's the only spot available that I can see but luckily it's not far off the CG point. Where to place the sound module isn't so critical, I'm sure I can fit it in somewhere.

I'll post some pics and a video when it's installed.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2015, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandetlol
More people probably care about what matches the model's paint for touch up jobs, not what matches an actual spitfire's paint.
Oo i thought it would help..im sorry then
Dec 21, 2015, 06:49 PM
C.H.E.A.P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogCrewChief
I am interested to see a video with this plane performing on a 3 cell.
No video but can tell you 1st hand that a 3s2200 40C did a very nice job; 1/2-2/3 throttle for cruising and turns. Full throttle delivered very respectable climbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAP CHIN POH
Bajora. Your video is professionally filmed and edited. Definitely worth the look.
What, did you think he was new? He's pretty good at this stuff.
Dec 21, 2015, 11:00 PM
Throttle Bender
Sorry for the shadows these are from a magazine. Lots of variations during the BoB.
Last edited by merlinfan; Dec 21, 2015 at 11:29 PM.
Dec 22, 2015, 01:16 AM
What goes up .....
Also if you look at real photos of Alan Deere's Kiwi the roundel is different in the untouched image the one with him standing beside it. Callie has both types of roundels in her set, so you can choose which one you want to use. The photo that is closer to that profile was touched up. Also it is said to be Kiwi 2 by the family. I'm doing mine as the one he is standing beside. Once it arrives of cause.
Dec 22, 2015, 06:28 AM
Any idea how to get the canopy off without breaking it obviously?
Dec 22, 2015, 06:32 AM
crash expert
if its like the p40 you will need to run something under the length of the edge of it without destroying the paint then peel it up or lift it off it shouldnt be too hard and they can be bent a little they are lexan which is pretty strong
Dec 22, 2015, 06:44 AM
I'll get the scalpel out, thanks!
Dec 22, 2015, 06:47 AM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
I would use a scrap piece of sheet plastic (ABS?) and smooth the edges. before trying to drive it under the canopy. I had to do this twice with both AZ-D and EB-G to put some pilots in them before the photo shoot.

One canopy came off a little too easily, the other just a little tougher.

Tom
Dec 22, 2015, 06:53 AM
Yes another Spitfire
yeah a credit card will do start at the back corners.

if you want to get the scale plastic frame and seat they come out pretty by gently pulling them straight up.
Dec 22, 2015, 08:11 AM
Here's the reason why the canopy will have to come off.

I dremeled out a space for the speaker and all the dust went up inside the cockpit! the hoover won't get it out.

Looks kind of Christmasy though, like those snow globes for little kids.
Dec 22, 2015, 08:44 AM
B-17 freak
Mine finally got here! Gorgeous model to be sure, the only drawback is that there are no decals - none - nada - zilch!
Dec 22, 2015, 10:40 AM
In case you missed it Vic, I've already arrange for every customer that ordered from NL to be sent replacement sticker/decal sets. They went out the other day already, should be getting soon.

It seems for what ever reason all Spitfire's from the first NL batch of stock where missing decals

S.
Dec 22, 2015, 10:49 AM
crash expert
"how many hours do you have putting decal in boxes?"

10 sir.

"make that 11"

tacka tacka tacka tacka !!
Dec 22, 2015, 11:12 AM
So where does this bit go???
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne
In case you missed it Vic, I've already arrange for every customer that ordered from NL to be sent replacement sticker/decal sets. They went out the other day already, should be getting soon.

It seems for what ever reason all Spitfire's from the first NL batch of stock where missing decals

S.
Hi Stuart,

When can we expect the next batch to arrive?

I hoped for a Christmas delivery with my back order, but that looks highly unlikely now.

Spares arriving anytime soon?

Cheers.

Last edited by Redzed9; Dec 22, 2015 at 11:20 AM.

Quick Reply