Dec 19, 2015, 11:06 AM
build nutter
Thread OP
Discussion

Setting up multi esc's (Q Brain) for fixed wing models

Hi All
I know that this thread is for multi rotor stuff but I thought it might be a good place to ask the question first off.
Has anyone heard of, or managed to set set up one of the multi ESC controllers such as Q-brain that is available from HobbyKing to work in fixed win models such as C130's, Lancasters, B17's etc.

Would you recommend that using a flight control board such as the such as the MultiWii in combination with the Q-Brain to help control each of the motors

Thanks in advance
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2016, 09:12 AM
Ive never done it but i know it has been done. I would search around on google for a real answer
Sep 22, 2016, 12:41 PM
I use qbrains on my quads. the qbrain is just 4 individual esc's in a single package with a common battery cable. if you don't need individual control of each motor, just plug the 1 to 4 throttle signal splitter that comes with it into the throttle channel of your rx and be done with it.

if you need individual throttle control, then you'll need 3 extra channels and maybe some mixing on your tx, or possibly something else. I'm not sure how a flight controller will really help you with this.

Quick Reply