Feb 20, 2019, 12:24 AM
Whitworthsocket
hello durone,
thanks for the update. I meant the "drawer guides"as they are referred to by pieri70 in post No 1 of this Thread
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2019, 12:54 AM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitworthsocket
hello durone,
thanks for the update. I meant the "drawer guides"as they are referred to by pieri70 in post No 1 of this Thread
I'd say yes -- it looks like he's replaced threaded rod and drawer slides with wheels and channels, similar to what is used for the Z- and Y-axes on 3D printers.

-= Dave
Feb 24, 2019, 03:55 AM
Thread OP
Hello
Yes I moved to Vslot guides and wheels.
They are smooth and cheap. Not as cheap as drawers but they work really nice.
The problem is long ledad screws. They tend to oscillate and they introduce waves on surfaces, expecially with drawers.
Now I am planning to substitute screws with belts.
Feb 24, 2019, 05:08 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
I have 15" working length on my side rails with screws and wheels without any waves in the wings. But whatever works, works.

-= Dave
Apr 10, 2019, 12:09 AM
Themadartist

A rectangular hole ? ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmaniac
-= Dave
Dave, sorry to take you so far back, but I'm just reading through this thread for the first time. Talk about head-spinning !!!

I have seen programs being able to melt out a servo wire channel, or a joiner tube recess, or a spar recess, but can they be used to remove a rectangular section well within the edges of the profile ? Please see the attached pic for my current process, which I would like to replicate on a slightly larger winged project.

Cheers, Steve.
Apr 10, 2019, 12:20 AM
Thread OP
Devwing foam has all these features
Apr 10, 2019, 10:43 AM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy97
Dave, sorry to take you so far back, but I'm just reading through this thread for the first time. Talk about head-spinning !!!

I have seen programs being able to melt out a servo wire channel, or a joiner tube recess, or a spar recess, but can they be used to remove a rectangular section well within the edges of the profile ? Please see the attached pic for my current process, which I would like to replicate on a slightly larger winged project.

Cheers, Steve.
Certainly! As pieri70, I use DevWing Foam for design. Attached is a screen grab from the 3D visualizer of that program with a rectangular section. You can determine in the software whether you want the cut to enter from the top or bottom

Just playing around a while ago, I had it make the unusual wing cutouts in the photo below.

An extremely versatile program.

I think it's advised to add some sort of sub-rib to tie the spar into the top and bottom -- for my Shrike pitcheron wing tubes I always use at least a 1-2" partial sub-rib to anchor it.

-= Dave
Last edited by Zenmaniac; Apr 10, 2019 at 10:50 AM.
Nov 16, 2019, 02:56 AM
Thread OP
Hello everybody
Nice to see this old thread of mine still alive!

After a long trip into 3D printers world here is my update to my original project.
Lot of custom 3d printed pieces.

Max Build volume 1500x1000x500mm, I can modify length to adapt to different wing panels.
New wire circuit with DC current and a current regulator to get constant current to the different wire lengths (hope it will work..)
Movement with gt2 timing belts and pulley decouplers
ramps 1.4 controller with DevCNC Foam By Devcad

Work in progress

A friend of mine as reference (thanks Diego you're famous now )
Feb 14, 2020, 05:08 AM
Good day I hope your porject is still alive and coming well.
Thank you.
Feb 14, 2020, 05:38 AM
Thread OP
Yes sure
yesterday I cut the first half wing with my new job. Soon I'll post some pictures
Feb 21, 2020, 10:22 PM
W.F.G.D
Hi everybody,

Quick question for the forum. Getting Theremino board is proving to be problematic, due to the Virus, Chinese New year etc. I can't even get a reply to my email from Store-ino (the sole source). I am less than happy.

My question is: will the CNC Shield V3 work with the Arduino Mega 2560.

Many thanks in advance and if the Theremino Developers in Italy can direct me to an other source. I would be grateful to say the least.

Warm Regards
John Bitzberger
Feb 22, 2020, 04:30 AM
With Arduino Mega 2560 the right shield is Ramp 1.4
Mar 16, 2020, 03:16 PM
Thread OP
Here is my new machine..
DIY 4 axis foam cutter and DevCNC Foam (7 min 54 sec)
Mar 16, 2020, 03:49 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieri70
Here is my new machine..
La magia, no?

Beautiful.

-= Dave

Quick Reply