Quote:
Originally Posted by Drippin SeaMan
Your aircraft arent carrying souls onboard
Souls are a questionable concept.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2015, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Souls are a questionable concept.
Theological concepts (including yours) are irrelevant. The term "Souls on Board" has been used for decades to indicate an aircraft contains h0m0 sapiens. It also gives the folks at Base Ops a chance to snicker a bit at a plane full of SOB's.

CD

Hmm. Had to edit the post as the net nanny doesn't like Latin terms...Idiotic political correctness!
Jul 02, 2016, 01:39 PM
The QuadFather
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWink
Be careful...since the FAA has deemed that model airplanes are bonafide aircraft, you are a bonafide aircraft manufacturer! Something to think about.

Just sell your stuff to the Iranians. Worked for Boeing !!!
Jul 02, 2016, 09:45 PM
I believe that the FAA has stated it is a federal violation to shoot down an unmanned aircraft.
Jul 03, 2016, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimateo
I believe that the FAA has stated it is a federal violation to shoot down an unmanned aircraft.
U. S. Code, Title 18-32.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/32
Nov 23, 2021, 10:41 AM
This bird you cant change.
The reason they are coming after us is some very stupid weenies, in our hobby have abused their privlege to flying model aircraft. Drones messing with commerical air craft is a big no-no, and dangerous to people and property. Of course somebody alerted the Govt, and now these toys are a threat to public safety. We all suffer for somebodys stupidity. Obey the rules, cause now the Govt is in charge. Game over. Ya know, I also enjoy Dirt bikes, and back in the day, some stupids also screwed up and the govt stepped in. We always pay for other fool's foolishness. Pity, but there you have it. I say enjoy any hobby and for the love of Pete, be responsible..
Nov 25, 2021, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMS DUDE
stupid weenies
OK, I want to give a prize to the first person to build a gigantic flying weenie, w/ a "here's to you FAA" sign around its neck--
Nov 25, 2021, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
Believe me, I have been thinking about it--and not happily. I can just imagine being ordered to provide a full stress-analysis of my wing designs, etc.

CD
Think of it another way, you could get a government contract for one of your designs...remember cost plus,it doesn't even have to fly right off. It can have a myriad of problems but the government will be happy to pay to fix them all, temporarily, and when new problems pop up, the taxpayers, I mean government will be overjoyed at having to pay for that as well.
Just like some aircraft manufactured by a well known and well heeled , both economically and politically, established companies, who have lots of influence in Washington.
You too can be just like them and make billions!
Nov 27, 2021, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyroger
Think of it another way, you could get a government contract for one of your designs...remember cost plus,it doesn't even have to fly right off. It can have a myriad of problems but the government will be happy to pay to fix them all, temporarily, and when new problems pop up, the taxpayers, I mean government will be overjoyed at having to pay for that as well.
Just like some aircraft manufactured by a well known and well heeled , both economically and politically, established companies, who have lots of influence in Washington.
You too can be just like them and make billions!
So don't forget the other half of government contract overruns that we the tax payers keep eating ... the Pentagon and NASA are both notorious for continuously changing the requirements so even when the contractor is trying to do a good job, the costs keep mounting! I recall working with a team for over a year on the water processing subsystem design for the ISS only to have a completely new set of requirements and specifications dropped on us just 2 days before the first design review with NASA! Back to the drawing board and start over ...

Quick Reply