Vector RSSI/LQ and Telemetry on the TBS Crossfire - Page 9 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 07, 2018, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc5
I use micro rx v2 with my uVector. Lq and rssi is displayed on screen.
Thats great!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2018, 02:29 PM
Any idea when 2.25 would come out?
Feb 07, 2018, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmimx
Any idea when 2.25 would come out?
Dunno.... I flashed dev version. No issues so far. But there probably more fixes then just sensor warning. So just wait.
Feb 13, 2018, 10:44 AM
because rust never sleeps....
Does this connecting of the bus from the last in the chain to the RX to get RSSI/LQ, also work with the Micro RX V2?

Is it possible for anyone to show a picture of this, and how SBUS is connected from RX to Vector as well ?

Thanks
Feb 14, 2018, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRogers
Does this connecting of the bus from the last in the chain to the RX to get RSSI/LQ, also work with the Micro RX V2?

Is it possible for anyone to show a picture of this, and how SBUS is connected from RX to Vector as well ?

Thanks
Check post 61 and post 63, page 5 of this thread.
Feb 14, 2018, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcasey69
Check post 61 and post 63, page 5 of this thread.
Thank you for taking the trouble to reply - but as far as I can see this shows the diversity RX not the micro. Thanks anyway.
Feb 25, 2018, 07:07 AM
I have read the entire thread and seen the wiring diagrams, but am confused over the SBUS/PPM restriction.

I am using SBUS between Micro RX v2 and Vector control input

Can anyone comment on whether I can successfully get RSSI and LQ from a Micro RX v2 to a Vector OSD

Or am I forced to use PPM ?

Thanks !
Feb 25, 2018, 12:11 PM
The vector connects to the micro v2 from the sbus connection ie gnd 5v and ch1. The GPS connects to the rx through the bst port underneath.

Rssi/lq is obtained from the bus connection via the GPS. You should do a rc wizard calibration again.
Feb 25, 2018, 02:23 PM
Quote:
The vector connects to the micro v2 from the sbus connection ie gnd 5v and ch1. The GPS connects to the rx through the bst port underneath.

Rssi/lq is obtained from the bus connection via the GPS. You should do a rc wizard calibration again.
Thanks for posting.

That sounds like good news. There is a discussion early on in the thread about this functionality being inhibited for some reason is SBUS is used, and that PPM is necessary to get it all to work - is this true?

What versions of Crossfire and Vector software are working for you ?
Feb 26, 2018, 03:01 AM
works the new 2.25 crossfire firmware with vector? no sensor issues or error massages?
Feb 26, 2018, 03:46 PM
ok so i have this working and no error messages on the latest 2.21 crossfire firmware and the latest 2.65 vector firmware. i can even connect via bluetooth and pull the gps coordinates into ardupilot which is awesome,.

now ,my question is, is there any way to get the other telemetry on the vector back to the crossfire transmitter.

the vectors uart port outputs telemetry in either sport or "open telemetry" format and i can see that if i connect my pc directly to it with the vector set in "open telemetry" mode. is there any way to send this back to the crossfire?

would be awesome to get things like battery voltage and so forth back as well
Feb 28, 2018, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjamic
works the new 2.25 crossfire firmware with vector? no sensor issues or error massages?
No, I have the same Problem as before. If I install the 2.25 corssfire firmeware I got an error message "external sensor error" and on start up it says "GPS not connected" but GPS is connected working fine and find sats. Last working crossfire firmware is 1.67.

My Hardware:

Vector (full size) with GPS and Pitot
Crossfire diversity RX (the big one)
Crossfire RX connected over BST to GPS BUS
Feb 28, 2018, 05:25 AM
Quote:

I connected this up, using Vector v12.6 and XF v2.2.4 (Real Vector, Micro RX v2)

I ran RX wizard and I have LQ and RSSI on my OSD and GPS is displayed and logged by Taranis.

Very pleased with that.

One thing though - I see I have in my Taranis telemetry an "Alt". I assume this is from the GPS data ?
The Alt shows -100m any ideas why that would be ?

Thanks
Feb 28, 2018, 03:19 PM
Tested 2.25 today with vector latest stable / beta

-> not working

Hardware: Vector with V2 GPS, Crossfire Diversity RX

Cabeling: Vector -> GPS -> Alerter -> RX (see attached picture)
Last edited by stxShadow; Feb 28, 2018 at 03:26 PM.
Mar 01, 2018, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stxShadow
Tested 2.25 today with vector latest stable / beta

-> not working

Hardware: Vector with V2 GPS, Crossfire Diversity RX

Cabeling: Vector -> GPS -> Alerter -> RX (see attached picture)
What does "not working" mean?
Sensor problems - or no Taranis GPS or no LQ on OSD or something else ?

Quick Reply