Vector RSSI/LQ and Telemetry on the TBS Crossfire - Page 4 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 27, 2016, 02:51 PM

Rssi with sbus

I'm using the micro rx in sbus mode, with a home-spliced telemetry bus cable, and everything is working fine. GPS data on the xfire tx, rssi and LQ displayed.
It did take me a couple of goes with the rx wizard, and I had to deselect the ch7 rssi, ch8 LQ (which I was using with it set to PPM before I made the cable)
Have done 3 flights now with the waypoints beta (maybe only 0.5FH and not beyond 3km), but it all looks pretty good.
Last edited by jackrussell0232; Jun 27, 2016 at 02:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2016, 01:40 PM
Can anyone confirm that they have ET<>Crossfire serial telemetry working with more than just the LQ/RSSI/GPS data please back to Droidplanner.?

I can get LQ/RSSI/GPS working but im struggling to get other data onto DP via serial telemetry.
I understand that the cable is the same and must go from Vector UART to TBS BST but i cannot get it to work.

Anyone able to do a short video showing TBS settings etc please.? If i can get this working soon im selling my TBS gear and going to go down the DragonLink v3
Sep 16, 2016, 12:14 AM
I got Rssi,lq and gps to work. And in 12 channel mode. I think you might need to set Bluetooth to bridge mode. But not sure if vector takes the dp data.
Sep 16, 2016, 01:06 AM
I believe I can Fly.....
its strange because I get GPS info but cant get the LQ or RSSI.... in the past I was getting GPS and LQ, but now only GPS, which means the cabling is correct, because if there was a cabling problem, I would get nothing...
Using 9 ppm channels, Bluetooth off...

Please, if its possible, someone who got all the information, could please send the Xfire TX configuration.. just to compare... thanks
Sep 23, 2016, 10:38 AM
hello everyone

I have the bus to bst hooked up and every thing appeared and looks fine, however, the reading of the RSSI seems kind a strange, I doubt the digit is actually showing something els like dbm because it always shown around 30% while just about 200m away which is not possible at all.

is there any parameter I need to choose for the correct reading on the value?
Sep 23, 2016, 12:47 PM
Mine is setup and working with the following:

Crossfire Version: 1.44
PPM Channels: 12

Output Map:
Output 2- PPM

PPM Map:
PPM Ch. 11: RSSI
PPM Ch. 12: LQ
All other Crossfire Tx settings are stock.

Then, with the EagleTree Vector software, Go to the RC Configuration tab and set:

RSSI to Ch. 11 and
Link Quality to Ch.12

Then rerun the RX Analysis Wizard so it can learn the new channels.
Sep 24, 2016, 06:22 AM
I believe I can Fly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf8181
Mine is setup and working with the following:

Crossfire Version: 1.44
PPM Channels: 12

Output Map:
Output 2- PPM

PPM Map:
PPM Ch. 11: RSSI
PPM Ch. 12: LQ
All other Crossfire Tx settings are stock.

Then, with the EagleTree Vector software, Go to the RC Configuration tab and set:

RSSI to Ch. 11 and
Link Quality to Ch.12

Then rerun the RX Analysis Wizard so it can learn the new channels.
Thanks mate !!! .. I am going to try that settings
Nov 12, 2016, 12:34 AM
Does anyone know whether the BUS to BST cable is available off the shelf? If not, where could I but a BUS connector/cable?

Thanks!
Nov 13, 2016, 10:02 PM
I believe I can Fly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs007
Does anyone know whether the BUS to BST cable is available off the shelf? If not, where could I but a BUS connector/cable?

Thanks!
Buying spare set of cable and making it yourself. There not a ready cable for this in the market.
Nov 27, 2016, 10:13 PM
Well I got this to work somewhat. I have the GPS working and got the question mark gone but still no RSSI or LK.
Dec 18, 2016, 04:58 AM
Embrace the suck!
So...just setting up my first Crossfire / Vector FPV plane, I wanted to make the cable to connect the two, and my Google-fu turned up this thread. While looking around the mess in my garage for tiny plugs, I found a simple source for the Vector end of the cable. I have a stack of data cables from various FrSky Smart Port sensors that I've never needed, turns out it's the same plug...yay! Now, if only there was a simple source for the BST cable end...

I did a quick check in the thread, didn't find this trick, so if it's already been discovered, I'll just sit in the corner here and pat myself on the back!
Mar 24, 2017, 11:36 PM
Dirt Dobbins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyathyrio
So...just setting up my first Crossfire / Vector FPV plane, I wanted to make the cable to connect the two, and my Google-fu turned up this thread. While looking around the mess in my garage for tiny plugs, I found a simple source for the Vector end of the cable. I have a stack of data cables from various FrSky Smart Port sensors that I've never needed, turns out it's the same plug...yay! Now, if only there was a simple source for the BST cable end...

I did a quick check in the thread, didn't find this trick, so if it's already been discovered, I'll just sit in the corner here and pat myself on the back!
Wish I found this post 30 minutes ago... My cable is firmly soldered to the underside of my alerter .
May 18, 2017, 02:47 PM
Has anyone gotten this to work on microvector and micro crossfire rx?
May 23, 2017, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshen
Has anyone gotten this to work on microvector and micro crossfire rx?
Just built the cable and this setup works well with micro vector and micro crossfire rx.
Jul 09, 2017, 12:12 PM
A little help for all who can't get the RSSI and LQ to work. I did the transmitter wizard in the OSD (not in the PC Software) and now it's working fine. Did a lot of attempts in the software but always getting problems... RSSI stuck at 100 or switch from 100 to 25 or shows a ?