Vector RSSI/LQ and Telemetry on the TBS Crossfire - Page 3 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 27, 2016, 12:33 PM
I believe I can Fly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxun
Does it show in you crossfire module panel the lat and longitude? let me post a quick video, if is not you do not have the correct wires, remember the black with the black the orange with yellow, and the yellow with white. it should work. Now the panel in the vector will not work will go blank. I going to post the video.
Ok Thank you mate for your help and dedication!

and yeah that is how I did..black with the black the orange with yellow, and the yellow with white....

Tmw I have class all day long but on friday I will be able to test... if at least the LQ info i am getting is reliable I am kind of happy already...

but it would be important to get the Bluetooth to work as well
to remove ads between posts
Apr 27, 2016, 02:30 PM
​Hi guys, I have the self-soldered cables between GPS V2 and the TBS Crossfire RX and the CrossFire TX I see the GPS data. It is working.
However, I would like to use the InfoPanel of ET and in conjunction with Crossfire-RX it does not work. It will glow, but shows no data. I pull the cable from the BST Crossfire RX, the message "External BUS Error" screen appears in the InfoPanel. What should I do or not working InfoPanel & Crossfire RX?
Apr 27, 2016, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanex7
​Hi guys, I have the self-soldered cables between GPS V2 and the TBS Crossfire RX and the CrossFire TX I see the GPS data. It is working.
However, I would like to use the InfoPanel of ET and in conjunction with Crossfire-RX it does not work. It will glow, but shows no data. I pull the cable from the BST Crossfire RX, the message "External BUS Error" screen appears in the InfoPanel. What should I do or not working InfoPanel & Crossfire RX?
The BST must be at the end of the link. So you would want to put the info panel in the middle somewhere. Something like this: Vector FC Bus > Vector GPS > Info Panel > Crossfire BST
Apr 27, 2016, 03:51 PM
I had already tried once the BST is linked by CrossFire, the information panel no longer works.
Apr 28, 2016, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanex7
I had already tried once the BST is linked by CrossFire, the information panel no longer works.
Got the same problem the panel of the vector when blank, if you disconect the crossfire start working , and now my RSSI show question mark ? LQ show 100, and I do have com
from receiver to transmiter RSSI and LQ just fine but not in the display.
Apr 28, 2016, 12:11 PM
I deleted this post Im a idiot.
Last edited by Maxun; Apr 28, 2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: error
Apr 28, 2016, 02:16 PM
yes the black with the black but there is 2 black in the crossfire end, one is a wire the other is a mesh shield, you want the mesh that is the black, and after that re run the vector wizard,, I was having the problem RSSI was showing ? , and I did the wizard one more time and all is working. Now do you have gps rsse and LQ readings in you crossfire module? if yes, you ok with crossfire, the problem is the vector or wire routing. I hope this help I know this is frustrating. at least for me.
Apr 29, 2016, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnascimento3
yup thats what I did, exactely the same... I get LQ, on the TBS tx the gps is showing 00.000000 / 00.000000 so I guess once Vector fix the GPS then I can get GPS (now I am indoors, its raining a lot).
But 2 things, first is the RSSI that is still showing "?",

Bluetooth also, I can not even pair with TBS...
Life is hard in this RC hobby kkkkkkkkkkk
Re run the whole vector wizard from the beginning, that fix the problem.
Apr 29, 2016, 10:57 AM
I believe I can Fly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxun
Re run the whole vector wizard from the beginning, that fix the problem.
I dont know my friend... I run all the wizard... same thing...
I am kinda of giving up... I get GPS, and LQ, if the LQ is coming correctly I am happy already...

Now... today I tried to go to the field but there was military exercise all day... planes and Heli everywhere flying low... Geeeez
May 14, 2016, 07:24 PM
Ok, I had the same issue with only LQ working and RSSI not showing anything or a ? . I was using s bus as the protocol. I switched to ppm and redid the wizard and rssi and LQ are working. I guess u need to be on 8 channel and ppm for everything to work correctly. Hope this helps
May 27, 2016, 06:04 AM
Does the vector has information for SDR?
Jun 06, 2016, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcano6979
Ok, I had the same issue with only LQ working and RSSI not showing anything or a ? . I was using s bus as the protocol. I switched to ppm and redid the wizard and rssi and LQ are working. I guess u need to be on 8 channel and ppm for everything to work correctly. Hope this helps
Does this mean that SBUS cannot be used anymore to make the LQ & RSSI work in conjunction with the Crossfire Rx, and PPM has to be used instead??
Although the lag might be minimal I would still prefer to use SBUS on my plane rather than PPM
Jun 08, 2016, 11:50 AM
Anyone? :/
Jun 09, 2016, 02:33 PM
Ok, no worries I just anwered myself upon installing eventually the 8ch Div Rx. The Div Rx only has PPM... it is the micro (which I had been installing on a model for a friend a couple of weeks ago) that has amongst others SBUS. So nop, you can only choose PPM with the Div Rx .
Jun 09, 2016, 02:53 PM
Correction the div Rx has SBUS on Ch8, just that seemingly this telemetry feature does not work with SBUS? Or at least the people here who have tried have had no luck making it work.