Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 18, 2016, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappomatt View Post
got it all hooked up per the image, latest linked software installed and Crossfire is 1.09 and its simply not working. RSSI is stuck at 100% even when TX is off and I get no GPS info at all not even blank numbers on the Crossfire unit. just show the beacon stuff.
A member over in the FPV Lab was having an RSSI issue with a "?" being displayed in the RSSI value. He configured PPM stream to 8 channels instead of 12 in RX configuration and re-ran the RX wizard and RSSI now works as designed. Hope this helps !
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2016, 06:27 PM
Ok, rebooted it, and now gps location showing on crossfire transmitter. Still don't think rssi/LQ is working though. Both pegged at 100% never waivering
Jan 18, 2016, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Ok, rebooted it, and now gps location showing on crossfire transmitter. Still don't think rssi/LQ is working though. Both pegged at 100% never waivering
Does your RSSI / LQ go to 0 when you turn OFF your TX ?
Last edited by ZACATTACK; Jan 18, 2016 at 08:14 PM.
Jan 18, 2016, 09:16 PM
no. they are perma 100% reguardless of what I Do. I will try the 8 ch thing.
Jan 19, 2016, 02:23 PM
Hello, this is my first of time I write here but I follow this thread every day.
I have the TBS Crossfire in version 1.09, I'm very happy with its performance.
Would ask a few questions to clarify.
1 entry BUS RX understand I2C protocol works, right?
2 If this BUS is connected with a GPS I2C output can be expected to work?
I expose something like:
http://www.dx.com/es/p/i2c-gps-nav-m...9#.VqCSt_GKdwE
and connect a GPS something like this:
http://www.ebay.es/itm/271594958495?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
3 After receiving the telemetry ground, you can expect nmea frames are available in the Bluetooth connection of TX?
I have many more questions but would not want to overwhelm anyone.
Greetings and thank you.
Last edited by Guillesan; Jan 21, 2016 at 02:12 AM.
Feb 14, 2016, 04:12 AM
I get gps data in my Crossfire TX, however, my rssi stays stuck at 100% always in the Vector and I don't see any LQ displayed. Any ideas?
Feb 29, 2016, 01:08 AM
I would like the premade vector bus to crossfire bst port cable... I need 2 lengths, both lengths eagle tree already makes for bus devices. The real long Gps cable and short info panel cable only with the bst plug on the other end
Apr 24, 2016, 01:59 AM
I believe I can Fly.....
I just made the cable exactly as in the picture, didnt fix GPS yet but there is no information of RSSI showing on my osd.. it comes with a "?" mark... I am using the latest crossfire and Vector firmware..... is there any setting change missing ?

I saw someone saying about set ppm to 8 channels on tbs rx, in my case only 3 options to set 12, 9 or 8ch ppm...
kind of confusing....
Last edited by Gnascimento3; Apr 24, 2016 at 11:39 AM.
Apr 24, 2016, 03:27 AM
Any one have the wire setup from the head tracker wires provide in the crossfire to the fatshark attitud google.s? any pictures what cables to sotter
Apr 25, 2016, 11:37 PM
I believe I can Fly.....
Hello guys... by what was said in another forum, in order to solve the problem of how to get the RSSI/LQ on OSD, it is that we should go to configure the Rx going to the menu "Rx Diversity" => then go to "PPM Channels" and choose 8...... but then, In my case I will lose my 9th ch.... I need 9 channels in my plane... So thats what we have so far?

Any solution in future FWs ?
Apr 26, 2016, 09:11 AM
Don't don't need to set anything up and you don't have to use one of your channels. You connect the bus port on vector to the bst port of the crossfire rx and your done. . It's plug n play with no configuration needed. If it isn't working that way for you then you made your cable wrong
Apr 27, 2016, 03:38 AM
Quote:
got it all hooked up per the image, latest linked software installed and Crossfire is 1.09 and its simply not working. RSSI is stuck at 100% even when TX is off and I get no GPS info at all not even blank numbers on the Crossfire unit. just show the beacon stuff.
Yesterday Trappy guide me to update the crossfire to 1.32 or 33 well the lates, open the agent software, and later press F1 in you key board this will activate the update, later update you TX , unplug and put power, plug you RX will flash with lots of colors TX and RX , the TX will update you RX wireless , bind you RX if necessary after upload update. My connection was Vector to GPS, and in the second bus I tap (spliced) the 3 wires from vector except the red wire. I will post picture later. All work good no mapping no nothing after power up.
Apr 27, 2016, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnascimento3 View Post
I just made the cable exactly as in the picture, didnt fix GPS yet but there is no information of RSSI showing on my osd.. it comes with a "?" mark... I am using the latest crossfire and Vector firmware..... is there any setting change missing ?

I saw someone saying about set ppm to 8 channels on tbs rx, in my case only 3 options to set 12, 9 or 8ch ppm...
kind of confusing....
do not go for the color of the cables just use one end as reference. the black wire of the TBS crossfire is the mesh wire with no insulation, use a multimeter and check each wire for continuity, because is easy to get confuse, the black wire with insulation coming from the TBS is not the black that you need. pay attention to the picture, I got confused myself until I double check with multimeter and wooooow I screw up and I did fix the problem before any connection, is a good practice.
Apr 27, 2016, 04:31 AM
I believe I can Fly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxun View Post
do not go for the color of the cables just use one end as reference. the black wire of the TBS crossfire is the mesh wire with no insulation, use a multimeter and check each wire for continuity, because is easy to get confuse, the black wire with insulation coming from the TBS is not the black that you need. pay attention to the picture, I got confused myself until I double check with multimeter and wooooow I screw up and I did fix the problem before any connection, is a good practice.
yup thats what I did, exactely the same... I get LQ, on the TBS tx the gps is showing 00.000000 / 00.000000 so I guess once Vector fix the GPS then I can get GPS (now I am indoors, its raining a lot).
But 2 things, first is the RSSI that is still showing "?",

Bluetooth also, I can not even pair with TBS...
Life is hard in this RC hobby kkkkkkkkkkk
Apr 27, 2016, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnascimento3 View Post
yup thats what I did, exactely the same... I get LQ, on the TBS tx the gps is showing 00.000000 / 00.000000 so I guess once Vector fix the GPS then I can get GPS (now I am indoors, its raining a lot).
But 2 things, first is the RSSI that is still showing "?",

Bluetooth also, I can not even pair with TBS...
Life is hard in this RC hobby kkkkkkkkkkk
Does it show in you crossfire module panel the lat and longitude? let me post a quick video, if is not you do not have the correct wires, remember the black with the black the orange with yellow, and the yellow with white. it should work. Now the panel in the vector will not work will go blank. I going to post the video.