Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 14, 2018, 10:17 AM
because rust never sleeps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afiso
No issue running the airspeed with full size crossfire tx and microo rx.

How do you connect the crossfire nano with vector to get telemetry. SCL, SDA ........to vector??
Hi Afiso.

I did this diagram for the Vector with the Micro RX. It works the same with the Nano RX just connect to the appropriate serial pins.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2018, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRogers
Hi Afiso.

I did this diagram for the Vector with the Micro RX. It works the same with the Nano RX just connect to the appropriate serial pins.
Thanks Hugo
Dec 23, 2018, 06:48 PM
Can someone PLEASE upload a wiring diagram so I can hook up my NANO to the Vector??
Dec 24, 2018, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer6869
Can someone PLEASE upload a wiring diagram so I can hook up my NANO to the Vector??
It is the same as I have posted below

Just use the same I2C pins on the nano.
Jan 24, 2019, 05:19 PM
Anyone else having problems with their airspeed sensor showing some random high number when the crossfire is plugged into the bus chain?

I emailed ET support on this, hopefully they have an answer.

My issue is on startup, the air speed will read some random high number and it stays there.

My bus chain is: Vector -> GPS -> Pitot Sensor -> Crossfire RX

If I unplug the crossfire from the bus chain and power on, the airspeed shows zero and then climbs if I blow wind on the pitot tube. Plug the crossfire back in and it shows some high number, between 90 and 220mph.

I get GPS data showing on the crossfire TX, my link quality seems to work, however the RSSI always shows 100% even when the radio is powered off.

Anyone have any ideas?
Jan 24, 2019, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrvergnuugen
Anyone else having problems with their airspeed sensor showing some random high number when the crossfire is plugged into the bus chain?

My issue is on startup, the air speed will read some random high number and it stays there.

If I unplug the crossfire from the bus chain and power on, the airspeed shows zero and then climbs if I blow wind on the pitot tube. Plug the crossfire back in and it shows some high number, between 90 and 220mph.

I get GPS data showing on the crossfire TX, my link quality seems to work, however the RSSI always shows 100% even when the radio is powered off.

Anyone have any ideas?
Everyone is having the same issue. Eagletree claims it's Crossfire's fault.
Jan 24, 2019, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper1
Everyone is having the same issue. Eagletree claims it's Crossfire's fault.
Was it already reported somewhere? I didn't read every post in this thread but I did search first...

Is there any work around?
Jan 25, 2019, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Was it already reported somewhere? I didn't read every post in this thread but I did search first...

Is there any work around?
Unplug and plug the battery until airspeed reading gets to 0
Jan 25, 2019, 09:42 AM
Quote:

Anyone have any ideas?
are you trying to feed power from the bus to the crossfire? That is a big no-no.

I have pitot and crossfire on a couple of aircraft, and for no particular reason I also end the bus with GPS -> Crossfire.

No problems with airspeed readings.
Jan 25, 2019, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRogers
are you trying to feed power from the bus to the crossfire? That is a big no-no.

I have pitot and crossfire on a couple of aircraft, and for no particular reason I also end the bus with GPS -> Crossfire.

No problems with airspeed readings.
I'm using the cable and pin out described in this thread - so no, I am not feeding power to the crossfire from the vector bus (it would have fried something I'm sure).

I will try reversing the GPS and Pitot Sensor in the chain to see if that fixes it...
Jan 25, 2019, 09:02 PM
I just discovered that if you run the RX Analysis Wizard in the OSD, the vector reboots at the end. After the reboot, the airspeed is correct.

If only there was a way to reboot the vector without having to run the wizard...
Jan 28, 2019, 02:12 AM
Hello guys, I am new to the crossfire. How do you connect to nano receiver to the vector. Do I need only solder the 3 wires and, 5v and ch1, and then configure ppm or sbus. Thanks
Jan 28, 2019, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madarex
Hello guys, I am new to the crossfire. How do you connect to nano receiver to the vector. Do I need only solder the 3 wires and, 5v and ch1, and then configure ppm or sbus. Thanks
See my post here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=196
Jan 28, 2019, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madarex
Are you asking how to connect the Nano RX to the vector bus for lq and RSSI?

Or how to connect it in general?

Hugo’s post is only for adding the Nano RX to the vector bus. Don’t put 5v to the SDA pin!
Jan 28, 2019, 08:28 AM
I am asking how to connect it in general.

Quick Reply