Mar 15, 2019, 02:25 PM
stevea3342 You plugged a 3 pin cable to a 4 pin vector bus....
Unplug this asap from the GPS unit, if you have not fried anything you should be very lucky!
Besides the 3 pin you plugged into the gps unit is not all the way in. You use the wrong type of connector there, check if you have not bent any pins.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2019, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure I understand, the connection to the vector bus is only supposed to be 3 wires, they don't want you to plug into the power pin in the vector bus.

True, the plug on the gps needs to be pushed in more but it came out a bit when I was trying to take a picture . I pushed it back in before testing again. (no luck)

GPS still working fine on Vector and still only getting the crossfire specific telemetry, no GPS.

I was on firmware 241 and also upgraded to 288 with no difference.
Mar 18, 2019, 05:54 AM
because rust never sleeps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342 View Post
I'm not sure I understand, the connection to the vector bus is only supposed to be 3 wires, they don't want you to plug into the power pin in the vector bus.

True, the plug on the gps needs to be pushed in more but it came out a bit when I was trying to take a picture . I pushed it back in before testing again. (no luck)

GPS still working fine on Vector and still only getting the crossfire specific telemetry, no GPS.

I was on firmware 241 and also upgraded to 288 with no difference.
The signal pin out and coloue mapping in the diagram below is correct, but I think the word TOP is misleading.

In other words I think the physical plug and socket positions are mirrored for that RX.

So forget the plug/socket positions and wire the signal names to the coloured wires on the vector bus cable as given.
Mar 18, 2019, 07:19 AM
So you think it is like this?

Vector Bus Black = Ground
Vector Bus Yellow = to SCL on RX
Vector Bus Red = to SDA on RX
Mar 18, 2019, 08:36 AM
Quote:
So you think it is like this?

Vector Bus Black = Ground
Vector Bus Yellow = to SCL on RX
Vector Bus Red = to SDA on RX
Yes I think so - but the main thing is, regardless of the plug/socket layout, concentrate on connecting the right signals together.
Mar 18, 2019, 08:48 AM
Thanks, I have a ticket open with TBS to get the pinouts on the Micro V2 RX. I couldn't find them using google.
Mar 19, 2019, 08:57 AM
TBS sent me the pinouts for the Micro RX. This config is working for me to get GPS data. I noticed several folks talking about wanting to get LQ and RSSI through this setup but I don't understand the need. You just configure channels 11 and 12 to be LQ/RSSI and get the info into the SBUS stream and the Vector will grab it without the need for any extra cable or configuration. The only reason I am doing this link is so I can log GPS data.

This gave me these sensors:
GPS
GSpd
Hdg
Alt
Sats
Mar 19, 2019, 09:22 AM
Quote:
TBS sent me the pinouts for the Micro RX. This config is working for me to get GPS data. I noticed several folks talking about wanting to get LQ and RSSI through this setup but I don't understand the need. You just configure channels 11 and 12 to be LQ/RSSI and get the info into the SBUS stream and the Vector will grab it without the need for any extra cable or configuration. The only reason I am doing this link is so I can log GPS data.

This gave me these sensors:
GPS
GSpd
Hdg
Alt
Sats
Although if you pass it via a channel it will have to be converted in a PWM/us representation and then back. I wouldnt be surprised if it was different to the raw LQ the Vector gets directly from the RX. Easy to find out. Just compare your channel transmitted LQ with the telemetry one shown in your TX.

I use the Vector -> Crossfire option, because there is no tx configuration needed - it just works out of the box.
Mar 19, 2019, 12:58 PM
What is Vector -> Crossfire option? You lost me.
Mar 19, 2019, 03:38 PM
Quote:
What is Vector -> Crossfire option? You lost me.
Sorry I meant Vector <- Crossfire

in other words, Vector gets the LQ directly from the RX over the bus.
Mar 19, 2019, 04:19 PM
The vector figures out that LQ is on the bus when you run the radio wizard or do you choose it in the OSD config page?
Mar 19, 2019, 07:21 PM
Quote:
The vector figures out that LQ is on the bus when you run the radio wizard or do you choose it in the OSD config page?
Both.

When you add LQ to the OSD it knows to query for it on the bus.

It's painless and quick, but you do need to run the wizard.
May 27, 2019, 07:41 AM
Fpv addicted
Hi! I read all the thread - - Stevea3342 used the micro receiver, If I use the nano RX, I wil use SDA, SCL and the same Ground of signal wire, correct?
On the nano RX there is only one Ground.
And for the connection, I will use this order:
Vector -> GPS -> Buzzer ->NanoRX (only SDA SCL and G).....It will work?
May 27, 2019, 09:05 AM
I'm not sure about your whole question but it should work if you split the ground and connect the scl and sda. Make sure you confirm those rx pins are assigned that way in the crossfire setup.

Tbs sells a parent(?) Board where you can solder you nano so the pins are more accessible
May 27, 2019, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV DANIELE View Post
Hi! I read all the thread - - Stevea3342 used the micro receiver, If I use the nano RX, I wil use SDA, SCL and the same Ground of signal wire, correct?
On the nano RX there is only one Ground.
And for the connection, I will use this order:
Vector -> GPS -> Buzzer ->NanoRX (only SDA SCL and G).....It will work?
yes it will work.
Just remember not to connect power from the vector bus to the RX (just 3 wires) and that the rx is the last node in the chain.

Quick Reply