Dec 16, 2015, 02:33 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Vector RSSI/LQ and Telemetry on the TBS Crossfire

You can now connect your Vector to your TBS Crossfire's I2C port, with the following benefits:

* The Crossfire transmitter will display your last GPS position and MSL Altitude. Once you connect the cable described below, assuming the Vector GPS has a fix, you should automatically see the GPS position display on the back of your transmitter, when you select that display page on your transmitter. If the position shows up as "0", something is wrong.

* RSSI and LQ are automatically received by the Vector, without needing to do any PPM mapping or additional wiring. To display these readouts on the OSD, after connecting the cable described below, just rerun the Vector's Receiver Analysis Wizard, and add the readouts to your OSD screen. Make sure you verify proper operation of these readouts.

To utilize this feature, you will need to install version 11.94 or later Vector software, from here.

NOTE: at this writing, this software is in BETA - read the warnings carefully!

You will also need to build a cable that connects between the Vector’s "BUS" port and the Crossfire receiver’s “BST” port. See the photos of the cable below. Note that the cable below was made by splicing the BST cable included with the Crossfire to a Vector "BUS" cable (JST "ZH" connector).

Note that the cable must be at the end of the Vector's "BUS" chain since no power is supplied through the cable. But, any of the "BUS" connectors off any Vector peripheral can be used.

ET may later offer the cable pre-made if there’s enough demand – let us know!

IMPORTANT: don’t connect the cable to any Vector port other than "BUS," or to any receiver port other than “BST”. Doing so could damage your equipment!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2015, 03:54 PM
Great job guys! Keep up the innovations!

I'm going to need to stock up on connectors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
You can now connect your Vector to your TBS Crossfire's I2C port, with the following benefits:

* The Crossfire transmitter will display your last GPS position and MSL Altitude. Once you connect the cable described below, assuming the Vector GPS has a fix, you should automatically see the GPS position display on the back of your transmitter, when you select that display page on your transmitter. If the position shows up as "0", something is wrong.

* RSSI and LQ are automatically received by the Vector, without needing to do any PPM mapping or additional wiring. To display these readouts on the OSD, after connecting the cable described below, just rerun the Vector's Receiver Analysis Wizard, and add the readouts to your OSD screen. Make sure you verify proper operation of these readouts.

To utilize this feature, you will need to install version 11.94 or later Vector software, from here.

NOTE: at this writing, this software is in BETA - read the warnings carefully!

You will also need to build a cable that connects between the Vector’s "BUS" port and the Crossfire receiver’s “BST” port. See the photos of the cable below. Note that the cable below was made by splicing the BST cable included with the Crossfire to a Vector "BUS" cable (JST "ZH" connector).

Note that the cable must be at the end of the Vector's "BUS" chain since no power is supplied through the cable. But, any of the "BUS" connectors off any Vector peripheral can be used.

ET may later offer the cable pre-made if there’s enough demand – let us know!

IMPORTANT: don’t connect the cable to any Vector port other than "BUS," or to any receiver port other than “BST”. Doing so could damage your equipment!
Dec 17, 2015, 02:39 AM
I believe I can Fly.....
Awesome... So we should use the 2 BUS ports of the GPS? One connecting the GPS to the Vector as usual, and this second cable on the other BUS of the GPS connecting to the Crossfire rx, right ?
Dec 17, 2015, 09:52 AM
yes that is how i have it hooked up on one and the other i have pitot hooked to vector then to gps then from gps to crossfire both are working fine right now. gps and rssi come through no mapping of channels
Dec 17, 2015, 03:20 PM
@ET what we need now is a Hub for the Bus so we can connect all the equipment, without having to run dozen of cable in loops around the Plane's......
Dec 18, 2015, 12:15 PM
I believe I can Fly.....
and yeah I think there will be a bunch of people needing this cable....
Dec 19, 2015, 04:36 AM
Is it planned to show all sensors on taranis screen with crossfire ??
Just like FRSKY receivers : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2346243
Dec 19, 2015, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito66
Is it planned to show all sensors on taranis screen with crossfire ??
Just like FRSKY receivers : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2346243
Let's hope so and soon! I love audio warning....
Dec 21, 2015, 06:56 AM
So.. I should connect one bus port fm GPS to Vector and other bus port to XF's BST?
Dec 29, 2015, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by init
So.. I should connect one bus port fm GPS to Vector and other bus port to XF's BST?
The way I'm understanding this connection is any BUS port from the ET devices can be used ! ( GPS, Alerter, Info Panel) EX of device chain: FC to GPS Bus, GPS Bus to Alerter Bus & Alerter Bus to Crossfire BST with the mentioned custom cable !! Then you will have a functioning GPS, Alerter and functioning GPS Telemetry to Crossfire TX.
Jan 11, 2016, 07:01 PM
No tested in flight, but on bench only LQ shows a value. RSSI shows a "?" value.
Is it normal ?
Jan 17, 2016, 06:17 AM
This is a very very very great job!! THX

It works perfekt! Best support ever i think.

Eagle tree Systems TOP
Jan 17, 2016, 08:15 PM

What is the techical name for a BST connector ??

Is the BST cable a 5 Pin Micro JST OR is there another name for this cable ? Where can find these BST connectors ? Thanks!
Jan 17, 2016, 08:29 PM
I believe I can Fly.....
Since my Soldering skills are not best ones.... I would love BUS<=>BST cable from factory or available on stores... I guess many people with Vector+Crossfire set would love too... and I guess there are many out there with this set.....
Jan 18, 2016, 03:44 PM
got it all hooked up per the image, latest linked software installed and Crossfire is 1.09 and its simply not working. RSSI is stuck at 100% even when TX is off and I get no GPS info at all not even blank numbers on the Crossfire unit. just show the beacon stuff.

Quick Reply