Feb 05, 2020, 03:03 PM
Out Standing In The Field
Any old, crappy ESC with even just a linear BEC from the junk box always works for me.
Easy to find, no work, free.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2020, 09:06 AM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Thread OP
There are lots of ideas for the pin cushions, but alot of times I only need a couple of pins and this takes up minumim space....and it looks kinda stylish. A wine cork (free after you drink up the bottle) hot glued to the corner of my work space.
Feb 10, 2020, 09:23 AM
A Day @ a Time - Matt. 6:25-34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo383
There are lots of ideas for the pin cushions, but alot of times I only need a couple of pins and this takes up minumim space....and it looks kinda stylish. A wine cork (free after you drink up the bottle) hot glued to the corner of my work space.
Oh boy, just what I need! I was wondering how to handle this. Off to my CFO to ask him to bring me a cork since I don't drink.

Much appreciated!
Feb 13, 2020, 03:19 PM
Micromark charges $50 for their 3 3/8 inch carbide blade. I have had enough of that and made an adapter to use the larger arbor trim saw blades. Don't remember what the Craftsman bladed had cost but found another one at Home Depot for $22.

Material used is hobby shop aluminum sheet and Gorilla tape. The tape is used as a spacer because the new blade is thinner than the old one and I couldn't sand the adapter thin enough without 2 of them taking flight into the nether world. A knife was held to the running blade to trim the extra tape.
Last edited by PC Pilot; Feb 14, 2020 at 08:07 PM.
Feb 19, 2020, 11:37 PM
Sorry if something like this has already been posted... No time to read through 350 pages of posts.

Dental Floss Control Horns.
Feb 20, 2020, 02:42 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
With the 'Flossers' you can even leave the short legs and bury those into the foam making the 'horn' stand proud and forward for such as flaps ..
Feb 20, 2020, 04:41 AM
Danish? Don't U eat that??
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDmToter
Sorry if something like this has already been posted... No time to read through 350 pages of posts.
Shouldn't keep anyone from posting ideas IMO; More often than not, every time someone adds a "repost", it tends to add his (or her) own little twist to the general idea, possibly improving and diversifying it for everyone, and maybe even spawning new ideas in the minds of the readers. So I say keep 'em coming!

My 2 €-cent:
The flossers I can get do not have the built in toothpick in the handle, so the whole handle can be used to create longer control horns. And I have so far left the short legs partially or completely on, as they let you angle the handle part more in/forward or outward to both allow the horn to be attached far back from the hinge, which can sometimes add strength if the surface is a bit flimsy, and adjust the arm control horn for more or less "gearing" of the control, reduced control rod strain and all that more theoretical stuff. But that means you are always working with fairly large horns.

Must admit I had totally overlooked the simple fact that it also makes a fine blank for smaller horns, the way you do it. So I guess these flossers basically make a one-stop fast solution for most sizes of horns for light foamies. Perfect!
Last edited by DKChris; Feb 20, 2020 at 04:57 AM.
Feb 20, 2020, 06:11 AM
Too old to rock-n-roll...
Quote:
No time to read through 350 pages of posts.
Click on View all Images in thread in any post with a photo. Posts with ideas have photos attached. You get six easy to browse pages of photos. Click on the photo that interests you. Then click on "View post" under the photo to take you to that single post.

Kind of separates the wheat from the chaff.
Feb 20, 2020, 06:55 AM
A Day @ a Time - Matt. 6:25-34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooJung2Die
Click on View all Images in thread in any post with a photo. Posts with ideas have photos attached. You get six easy to browse pages of photos. Click on the photo that interests you. Then click on "View post" under the photo to take you to that single post.

Kind of separates the wheat from the chaff.
This very old dog learned a new trick, thanks!
Feb 20, 2020, 07:09 AM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Thread OP
Quote:

Dental Floss Control Horns.
Yes it's been posted, but you are the first to show detailed pictures on how it done, so you get the credit for being first on that.
I personally like to use the gift cards from retail outlets for my smaller plane's horns. You get a variety of colors and patterns when you "shop" around for them.

Quick Reply