homemade ideas for cheap and/or free - Page 293 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 12, 2018, 09:21 AM
The Junk Man
Thread pretty much turned into a waste of time.

Tom
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2018, 10:22 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_om
Thread pretty much turned into a waste of time.

Tom
Given the input in early days .. it had to fizzle out eventually. But we still get odd snippets posted that are worth the read.

Nigel
Latest blog entry: The egotistic nature of some !
Jun 12, 2018, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife
Given the input in early days .. it had to fizzle out eventually. But we still get odd snippets posted that are worth the read.

Nigel
I read a few good ones from time to time , and contribute a few once in a while , not sure if younger readers retain any information , I have a 15 year old son and right now he retains Nothing except girls cell numbers :-) BTW if your one who THINKS he knows it all your only hurting yourself,Iam over 60 and learn something ever day still :-) joe
Last edited by cracksmeup; Jun 12, 2018 at 10:59 AM.
Jun 12, 2018, 12:08 PM
It seemed like a good idea!!!!
I like the good natured banter, keeps me coming back.
Jun 12, 2018, 02:43 PM
Scratch Builder
Control surface neutralizers.. to hold your control surface in place while working on control horns/ rods.
Jun 12, 2018, 03:02 PM
As long as the rubber band isn’t too tight where it damages the foam you can use one popsicle stick and a rubber band also to hold your surfaces straight while setting your control horns and control rods.
Jun 12, 2018, 05:48 PM
looking up, down under
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperCooper
Control surface neutralizers.. to hold your control surface in place while working on control horns/ rods.
i use the same method, but using clothes pegs at each end so it works on any thickness, and they stay put

if the sticks are too long, i rake them to an appropriate angle so they sit conveniently place to use the pegs
Jun 12, 2018, 08:01 PM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Following on from the control surface neutralizers ....

Simple deflection gauge :

Thin card with mark halfway along one edge for reference. Slide card in between control surface and fixed part with reference mark centred on hinge line ... now mark on card neutral, deflect surface each way and mark each deflection. This then gives you exact movement of the surface.
The card can be used to exactly match two separate servo'd controls ...

Much better than any of the clip on gauge items that tend to be too heavy and affect movement.

I bought the HK control gauge .. brilliant idea but too big and heavy. I soon went back to using the thin card ...

Nigel
Latest blog entry: The egotistic nature of some !
Jun 12, 2018, 09:42 PM
Scratch Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael763
As long as the rubber band isnít too tight where it damages the foam you can use one popsicle stick and a rubber band also to hold your surfaces straight while setting your control horns and control rods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy1
i use the same method, but using clothes pegs at each end so it works on any thickness, and they stay put

if the sticks are too long, i rake them to an appropriate angle so they sit conveniently place to use the pegs
Ah... and here I was thinking I just had a revolutionary invention!!!

The above mentioned would honestly be better, with less slop, which means less room for error.
Last edited by TrooperCooper; Jun 14, 2018 at 09:49 AM.
Jun 13, 2018, 12:28 PM
flyin' fool
Trent: What are those foamy 'Stiks'.
Jun 14, 2018, 09:55 AM
Scratch Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Trent: What are those foamy 'Stiks'.
Those would be the Flite Test bloody Baron. My favorite plane, flown on a daily basis. The particular one pictured is the Sponz baby baron, 60% the size of the original. About a 12Ē WS.
She has turned out as quite a problem child, being so small, I have trouble nailing the thrust angle.

Bloody Baron- get one, best sport/ aerobatic/ combat/ disposable airframe I have, about $2 DTFB
https://www.flitetest.com/articles/f...dy-baron-build

Baby Baron- no comment yet. Supposed to be faster than her big brother, just as agile. $1 DTFB
https://www.flitetest.com/articles/b...ron-free-plans

One question... how did you know my name?
Jun 14, 2018, 12:20 PM
Danish? Don't U eat that??
Homemade and cheap. Qualifies. As does most of the other plans flite test offer. And they fly surprisingly well.
Jun 14, 2018, 01:57 PM
Scratch Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKChris
Homemade and cheap. Qualifies. As does most of the other plans flite test offer. And they fly surprisingly well.
Yes they absolutely do. The flight experience directly reflects the effort put into them. If you take your time and do it right, it will fly great! I have learned from experience that the opposite is also true.
Jun 14, 2018, 04:24 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperCooper
<snip>

One question... how did you know my name?
It's there in your blog
Jun 14, 2018, 09:21 PM
Scratch Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers
It's there in your blog
Ahhh. Completely forgot that I even made my blog. I was just curious, but now im just stupid.

Quick Reply