homemade ideas for cheap and/or free - Page 197 - RC Groups
Aug 12, 2017, 01:15 PM
You guys are all talking about tweaking your radios to make them do things that they weren't originally planned for while I'm still figuring out all of the functions of mt DX6 Gen 2. ����
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2017, 06:27 PM
I meant to do that. Honest!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert4613
You guys are all talking about tweaking your radios to make them do things that they weren't originally planned for while I'm still figuring out all of the functions of mt DX6 Gen 2. ����
I have a DX6 that I upgraded from DSM to DSM2/DSMx. Good radio but a real pain in the neck to program. Needless to say I don't use it anymore.
Aug 17, 2017, 06:39 AM
Rapidly aging user
Free caddy to transport some spare props in my flight bag. You might need to spend some $$ on beer while you're emptying the chip can but it's all good....
Aug 17, 2017, 11:47 AM
flyin' fool
Never had a DX6i, but all my FB that 'HAD' one sure cursed at it a lot. With the new DX6 all I did was curse at the instructions. The best thing you can do to understanding it, is to first.............. throw the terrible instructions in the round file.

I've had a number of programmable TXs in different flavors and Spektrum instructions are the worst by far. I just started bopping and beeping around in my DX6 G2 and it finally started to make sense.

But, my phone is another story.....................
Last edited by goldguy; Aug 17, 2017 at 11:53 AM.
Aug 17, 2017, 12:26 PM
Reap the wild wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by raw89
Free caddy to transport some spare props in my flight bag. You might need to spend some $$ on beer while you're emptying the chip can but it's all good....
Congratulations raw89 for getting us back on topic as I was beginning to think this was a thread that belonged under the radio forums. Not free but I do use cheap clear pencil cases of different sizes to take spare props to the flightline.
Andy
Aug 17, 2017, 01:07 PM
I went a little crazy this year buying props of different sizes and pitches while I was learning what all the options had in the real world. I had to bin all my props into separate ziplock sandwich bags to keep them organized.
Aug 17, 2017, 01:50 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Prop organizer ....

Toilet roll / Kitchen roll cardboard tube centres ................

I joined together a vertical stack of these ... wrote with marker the prop size on each ...

Nigel
Aug 17, 2017, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Never had a DX6i, but all my FB that 'HAD' one sure cursed at it a lot. With the new DX6 all I did was curse at the instructions. The best thing you can do to understanding it, is to first.............. throw the terrible instructions in the round file.

I've had a number of programmable TXs in different flavors and Spektrum instructions are the worst by far. I just started bopping and beeping around in my DX6 G2 and it finally started to make sense.

But, my phone is another story.....................
Im the end, I just ended up playing around with the settings and watching YouTube. 😁
Aug 17, 2017, 02:29 PM
Multirotor Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRexAlot
I went a little crazy this year buying props of different sizes and pitches while I was learning what all the options had in the real world. I had to bin all my props into separate ziplock sandwich bags to keep them organized.
Same here. Because I fly multirotors as well I usually travel to the flying site with a bunch of assorted sizes in my backpack. But after a while those bags start deteriorating.
Aug 17, 2017, 03:04 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
I used to use a car seat back item divider ... those cheap jobs that tie onto headrest and have multi pockets ...

Nigel
Aug 18, 2017, 12:44 AM
looking up, down under
empty storage cylinders that once held bottles of scotch are great for propellers

and you're obliged to ensure that they no longer hold bottles of scotch
Aug 18, 2017, 02:20 PM
I meant to do that. Honest!
I use 3 inch long 10x24 machine screws through the prop center holes with wing nuts to hold them all together tightly and well organized.
Aug 18, 2017, 03:56 PM
I'm going thread them on a long leather cord and wear them around my neck like the natives do with alligator teeth and bear claws. lol
Aug 18, 2017, 07:50 PM
Just another 61 year old kid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRexAlot
I'm going thread them on a long leather cord and wear them around my neck like the natives do with alligator teeth and bear claws. lol
Or you could make a hat band like the alligator teeth hat band that Crocodile Dundee wore!
Aug 18, 2017, 09:49 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Hey! He isn't Alligator Dundee!
Crocodile Dundee wore crocodile teeth.
The only alligators here in Oz are in zoos.