10th Annual TINY March 4,5, and 6th 2016 - RC Groups
Dec 15, 2015, 05:06 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Fly-In

10th Annual TINY March 4,5, and 6th 2016

Get ready for the tenth annual

Fly-In and Challenge it's just around the corner!!!

Wow guys, we made to 10 years!! It has been a great run for all of us that enjoy indoor flying. We are excited that it has lasted this long, and I hope we have many more years to come still. This event has survived the years because of all you that attend and spend your precious hobby dollars keeping it going year after year. If you had told me 10 years ago we would be able to pay the $3000+ dollars this event costs without a major sponsor, I would have not thought it possible. None the less the last THREE years the cost of this event has been carried primarily on your shoulders from your donations, raffle purchases, and landing fees! I am so proud to have been in this hobby and be able to have met and befriended people of your character. We have the best hobby in the world because of the people in it. You guys bring it every year, and I know this year will be no different. Thank you all.

Mark

Angelo R/C Inc is proud to be the hosting club and the event is still located in the wonderful San Angelo Coliseum where we have the biggest and friendliest indoor skies in Texas!

There will be on premises concessions, and plenty of pit area with ample electrical outlets. The floor of the coliseum is 100’ by 200’ with a 65’ minimum ceiling rig height and over 80' in the center! We will have a 16oz/3s limit on all models, and co-axial helicopters only. AMA membership is required to fly. We can honor AMA parkflyers insurance at this event as well. If you have lost your card, I can verify you through the web if you know your AMA number. Anyone I can't verify, will have to join to be able to fly per AMA rules! Please understand this is out of my hands.

At this point we are feverishly working on sponsorship. If anyone is interested of knows of someone who is, please get them to me!

The landing fee will be $20 per day with 5 raffle tickets, or $50 for the 3 day weekend which will include 20 raffle tickets. We also have a family package which will cover one parent and up to 3 of their kids for $100!!

Public visitors are welcome! The front doors will be open to the public on Saturday from 9AM to 8 PM and Sunday from 10AM to 5PM. Since Friday is our set up day, per our contract it is for registered pilots only for this day, so the front doors will be locked.

While we will have a few scheduled events throughout the days, the bulk of the flying time as always is for open flying. This is going to be some serious fun, so don’t be the guy wishing you had come, get in your car and drive to San Angelo Foster Communications Coliseum, 50 E. 43rd St, San Angelo, TX. click here for map.

We are planning to again to have a meal catered on Friday night about 6 pm. We will be Using Kenny Blanek again as you guys have crowned him king of food for our meal.
Contests

Lodging

RV Hookups

RVs and trailers are always welcome at the T.I.N.Y. and you can park them just outside the Coliseum free of charge if you don't need hookups of any kind. If you need hookups, they are a short walk away from the Coliseum and the contact info for renting those is below.

Kermit Wendland @ 325-653-7785 (M-F) is the contact for the SA Stock Show / Fairgrounds who owns/rents the hookups.

Event Motel

In years past I have negotiated a group rate at the Inn of the Conchos. This is where most of you stayed the last few years, and they are very close to the Coliseum. They have a hot breakfast, high speed wireless, and a Cafe on the property as well. You can usually have a room with 2 queen, or 1 king sized bed. Smoking rooms are available. They require a 24 hour notice for cancellation. I am still working on a group rate somewhere and will even have some other options available for those of you who come in groups. More info to come.

Notice for lodging in general. The oil filed has let up considerably and with all the local motels, I don't see an availibility issue this year. PLEASE make your reservations early as you can always cancel them if plans change. I will follow up with Inn of the Conchos to see what they have for us this year.

contact info:

We do have regional service here to our municipal airport via American Eagle. I can also provide a commercial address and free storage if someone does wish to ship some planes here to be waiting for them.

the wonderful pictures of the venue courtesy of Richard Ng:

Last edited by aeronot; Dec 15, 2015 at 05:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2015, 07:41 PM
cant wait!
Dec 16, 2015, 12:35 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Got my room reserved and I'm working on my planes. Looking forward to seeing everybody soon.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Dec 16, 2015, 07:31 PM
I'm just posting to say i beat GARY to it!

Happy 10th anniversary T.I.N.Y. !
Dec 16, 2015, 08:04 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down

Happy Tenth!

Yippee!

I are excited, as always.

Bunches of fun to be had.

WooHoo!

Gary
Dec 16, 2015, 10:19 PM
Pro Bro #1008
Dang brother!?!? When you gonna come and see us?

We miss you bro!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71fan
Yippee!

I are excited, as always.

Bunches of fun to be had.

WooHoo!

Gary
Dec 16, 2015, 11:36 PM

Visit

Not soon enough, Birdie!

You coming to TINY? I sure hope so!

Everyone knows you're the life of the party!

Hope to see you soon!

Gary
Dec 17, 2015, 10:53 PM
Pro Bro #1008
maybe i can talk to the wife into a kitchen pass..

Would sure be good to see everyone!
Dec 17, 2015, 10:59 PM
Tell her it's for the good of mankind!

Yippee!

Dec 23, 2015, 08:22 PM
Gary,

riverfest combat (0 min 29 sec)

Remember this?
Dec 23, 2015, 08:55 PM
No!

Payback time!

WooHoo!

Can't wait!

Dec 25, 2015, 04:11 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas! Even if you're not religous, I hope you all experience some Christmas cheer. We could all use some kindness in the world today!
Dec 26, 2015, 04:19 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Amen.
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Dec 28, 2015, 10:55 AM
Looking foreword to another fun time in San Angelo. See you there.

James
Dec 28, 2015, 12:26 PM
AMA Member #6955

Hello people!

First post in over 5 years. So, the TINY lives on! As Gary would say, WooHoo!!!
AJ

Quick Reply