Dec 15, 2015, 08:58 AM
CC (Certified Curmudgeon)
Thread OP
Discussion

FAA Registration - Time to fight fire with fire!

OK the FAA ignored the AMA and Congress its time to start rattling cages and shining a bright light on the cockroaches and watch them run away. Senator Jim Inhofe introduced and got passed a bill to prevent FAA from interfering with our hobby and the FAA ignored the law. Its time we called on our elected officials to call these medlers on the carpet. I just sent this request to Senator Inhofe's office but he is retiring for health reasons. I would ask you to send something to your senators to raise some awareness and get some thing done. Here is my letter:

Dear Senator Inhofe,

First of all thank you for your support in the past you have been a blessing. Back in 2/2011 you got Senate Bill No. 223 with Senate Amendment 86 excepting model aircraft used for recreational purposes from FAA registration. This week the FAA ignored recommendation from the Academy of Model Aeronautics, ignored the law and the will of Congress and thumbed their nose at your bill. The FAA has called for registration of model aircraft under 55 lbs. to be registered starting 12/21/2015. I know it was your intent to prevent this and I would ask you to call those responsible on the carpet before Congress and demand they rescind this unnecessary intrusion into this long time recreational sport. There is nothing in these rules that will in any way improve public safety or security. It is a shameless power grab and a way of creating a new tax to line the FAA coffers.

Thank you,
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2015, 09:14 AM
It will not be enough to just rattle some congresscritter's cage.
Outright rebellion is another weapon.
That's right.....do not go along with the FAA's demands and refuse to register your planes.
Do not give them the smug satisfaction that once again the pointy headed bureaucrats in Washedupton can rule over out lives.
Tell the FAA to go to h***!
Dec 15, 2015, 09:25 AM
Thread OP
Some say just don't comply but non compliance is failure before it even starts. You have to shine a light on the cockroaches to scare them out of the kitchen. This is nothing more than a FAA tax on model aircraft, it is no coincidence that it goes in effect on short notice just before Christmas when so many R/C toys are sold. The FAA is just looking to line their pockets with our dollars without doing anything real for public safety and security. Google your US Senator's name and they have an easy form to fill out to contact him. Send a letter like I did nothing males the FAA take notice like being called on the carpet and being accused of ignoring the guys in Congress controlling their money supply. See my letter here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2562186
Dec 15, 2015, 09:26 AM
Thread OP
Some say just don't comply but non compliance is failure before it even starts. You have to shine a light on the cockroaches to scare them out of the kitchen. This is nothing more than a FAA tax on model aircraft, it is no coincidence that it goes in effect on short notice just before Christmas when so many R/C toys are sold. The FAA is just looking to line their pockets with our dollars without doing anything real for public safety and security. Google your US Senator's name and they have an easy form to fill out to contact him. Send a letter like I did nothing males the FAA take notice like being called on the carpet and being accused of ignoring the guys in Congress controling their money supply. See my letter above.
Dec 15, 2015, 01:10 PM
I am what I teach
Sent this to my local congresscritters (minus the pictures) - http://davidsreynolds.weebly.com/blog
Dec 15, 2015, 01:55 PM
Where's the wind?
Last edited by the_canuck; Mar 30, 2016 at 12:30 AM.

Quick Reply