Oct 04, 2018, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardjohn
Saw this ystd, looks like a good build too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW33DNr5a9g
I like how thin the wings are on that looks fast
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2018, 02:58 PM
First of all I've been following this thread for a while now and since the Ritek version is way to expensive I'm deciding to build it myself, thank you guys for the plans and great tips!

Question: What is the best foam thickness for this project?
Oct 19, 2018, 03:04 PM
serial scratchbuilder
1/4" or 6mm
Oct 20, 2018, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granted
1/4" or 6mm
Thank you!
Nov 08, 2018, 06:40 AM
My foamie is almost finished, it will have a detachable wing for easier transportation and I need to find a way to lock the wings to the fuselage. Looks promising!
Nov 08, 2018, 07:59 AM
A screw from the bottom of the wing through the wing tube, (I think you have a wing tube) located near the end and inserted radially. I have actually 3D printed an insert to slide into the end of the tube that has a captured nut in it. You may need to put a thin plywood skin on the wing to give it strength if you do not have anything already there.

Also a couple of things I noticed is you have the control horns mounted not at 90 deg to the hinge line. This will give the horn a movement that will try to twist the connector on the rod and cause binding.
Also the arms on the servos should then be placed at a parallel line to the hinge with the control rod at 90 deg to both the servo arm and the control horn.

This will keep the elevons from inducing an uneven throw and causing the plane to want to go up or down from the input of roll.

Just adding my 2 cents.

Mark
AMA 13502
Nov 13, 2018, 07:45 AM
Looking good pal. Im almost done repairing mine after a failed launch and bent the nose. Looking forward to seing it fly
Last edited by scrutucks; Nov 30, 2018 at 02:36 PM.
Dec 01, 2018, 05:32 PM

My diy Red

My baby, it was recorded in the last winter, I`m rebuilding it right now. Crashed it 3 times, iNav failure ....

Drak hand-launch and a bit of speed&sound (0 min 26 sec)
Dec 01, 2018, 05:43 PM
A clip from version 2, crappy HK motor on 4S ...

Drak (4 min 20 sec)
Dec 06, 2018, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorbertK
A clip from version 2, crappy HK motor on 4S ...

https://youtu.be/2mK5QFwFWUM
Nice flying plane that pal

Quick Reply