Mar 20, 2016, 08:54 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardjohn
Can't wait and making measurement of mine as well. My intention is with it separated to 3 parts, I could fit them inside my luggage bag of 55cm x 33cm. After scaling them in photoshop, turns out to be 1200mm or 48' wingspan as well.

What do you think of these 2 carbon spar placement?
Just my $0.02 worth, but I would place the beefier spar nearest the CG. It will be the area of greatest stress.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2016, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Just my $0.02 worth, but I would place the beefier spar nearest the CG. It will be the area of greatest stress.

Ken
Oh i think it's due to the resize of the thumbnail that the lower spar looks thicker. If you click on it, the spar are of the same size actually.
Mar 21, 2016, 10:44 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardjohn
Oh i think it's due to the resize of the thumbnail that the lower spar looks thicker. If you click on it, the spar are of the same size actually.
Oh! there you go! My bad.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Apr 06, 2016, 01:55 AM
any updates on this MPF Drak 48?
Jun 14, 2016, 03:48 PM
Sorry I've been away for so long. I had to step away from the RC Hobby for a while. Life just gets in the way some times....

So, I've attempted to fly this craft a couple times now. I've learned a few things along the way...

1. It is Very sensitive to CG. The estimate from the wing calculator I used was a bit off, but not too much.

2. The carbon reinforcements in the nose that Ken suggested worked wonderfully. There were a few sudden stops that I though for sure would have ripped the plane to bits, but it came away relatively intact.

3. I believe I overestimated the amount of downthrust that would be needed. I am rebuilding the motor mount with a smaller thrust angle.

Please bear with me while I beat the bugs out of this thing. I'm getting closer to being able to confidently say "It Flies!"
Jun 14, 2016, 05:57 PM
Out Standing In The Field
Good to hear from you, and glad you're back at it! Hope that your tuning continues to go well!
Latest blog entry: Rare Bear
Jun 14, 2016, 08:12 PM
skumgummi dave
XDmToter:

Glad you are back at it. Life has a habit of getting in the way of hobby stuff... Any way watching what you come up with.

Best to you;

Dave-
Jun 21, 2016, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDmToter
Sorry I've been away for so long. I had to step away from the RC Hobby for a while. Life just gets in the way some times....

So, I've attempted to fly this craft a couple times now. I've learned a few things along the way...

1. It is Very sensitive to CG. The estimate from the wing calculator I used was a bit off, but not too much.

2. The carbon reinforcements in the nose that Ken suggested worked wonderfully. There were a few sudden stops that I though for sure would have ripped the plane to bits, but it came away relatively intact.

3. I believe I overestimated the amount of downthrust that would be needed. I am rebuilding the motor mount with a smaller thrust angle.

Please bear with me while I beat the bugs out of this thing. I'm getting closer to being able to confidently say "It Flies!"
Is it always nose down at launch?
Aug 18, 2016, 09:42 PM
Any progress? I came across this as I'm interested in making a scratch built Drak.
Nov 22, 2016, 11:25 PM
Bump?? Don't let this thread die!!
Feb 07, 2017, 10:44 PM
"Over one year later and still nothing! What's wrong with this guy?"

Sorry everyone. I don't intend to let it die. I just have not had much time for RC of late.
I am currently rebuilding the fuselage yet again after another dirt nap.
I need to enlarge the vertical stabilizers. It has a bit of a yaw problem.
Last edited by XDmToter; Feb 08, 2017 at 09:16 AM.
Feb 07, 2017, 11:52 PM
skumgummi dave
Hate those dirt naps... Glad you are still working on it. This will be worth the wait if you get it flying the way you want.

Regards;

Dave-
Feb 08, 2017, 01:22 AM
Mum is the word!
Or get a Mini Drak, it flys on rails!
REC 0004 (5 min 53 sec)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Feb 08, 2017, 08:56 AM
Oh, believe me, Chris; If I could work it into the budget, I would. I rather enjoy being married though!
Feb 08, 2017, 09:14 AM
treefinder
Yup snuggling up to your mini Drake on a cold winter's night just doesn't seem as desireable!

Quick Reply