May 29, 2017, 04:18 AM
Could you please direct me to your plans or others? This looks really a great build. Thanks Mike
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2017, 08:59 AM
Went to mow a meadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy48
Could you please direct me to your plans or others? This looks really a great build. Thanks Mike
Heres another one...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=9090

Not mine but one I'm sure to build!

Andy's Micro Drak [Hat Camera] - Scratchbuilt Version (7 min 57 sec)
Mar 24, 2018, 04:36 PM
Thread OP
I have not had the time or desire to do any further testing on this model. Perhaps some day. However; I do not want to deprive the community of what could potentially become a good model.

Issues:

I have not been able to keep it in the air long enough to determine the correct CG.
Upon launch, it seems to want to Yaw severely, which leads to a roll straight into the dirt. Perhaps larger vertical stabilizers would help.
I don't think I have been throwing it hard enough, so the airspeed on launch is just not enough, which may also be a large part of the yaw problem.

I do intent to continue working on these issues, just not any time soon.

If you are brave enough, you may try your hand at building one of these. Please share your experiences here, and let me know if you are able to get this bird to fly!
Jun 05, 2018, 07:02 AM
Hello, please tell me if the 10.19 inches of CG are from the nose of the Drak or from the traling edge ? Thank you !
Jun 05, 2018, 07:06 AM
My build so far... I will have a KK2.0 fligh controller, a 3s2200mah .
Jun 05, 2018, 11:24 AM
Thread OP
That looks Awesome, Serjuro.

Best of luck on your maiden flight. You may want to have someone assist you with the launch. Mine always wanted to yaw immediately on launch. And the yaw was followed by a roll straight into the ground. I don't think I was throwing it hard enough, so it didn't have enough air speed.

The online CG Calculator I used showed a CG of ~10.2 inches from the Nose. I was never able to keep it in the air long enough to confirm this, however.

Please let us know how it goes.
Jun 06, 2018, 08:58 AM
treefinder
Keith, as I mentioned on the A8 thread, if you can manage the logistics of getting out here to the aerodrome, we can try using the launch ramp I made for my 7 ft wing. I couldn't throw it fast enough and always put a spin on that resulted in a crash. The ramp allows it to build flight speed in straight line. Might be your issue as well.
Jun 06, 2018, 11:58 AM
More work, getting there....
Jun 06, 2018, 11:59 AM
Jun 25, 2018, 07:25 AM
Unfortunately crashed 3 times on maiden........ Launched fine but after 3-4 meters she went straight down, like a V2 bomb.............. I dont know what cand be the issue, CG, motor angle, launch speed, motor not enough power........
I've put a 3s4000mah lipo and did not reach the calculated CG......My ,,guess" is that the CG should be far far back.......because now the elevons have no authority.............nose down like a rock... After I get back from vacance, will try to repair the bird, put a lighter 3s lipo.......and fingers crossed.........
Jun 25, 2018, 07:36 AM
treefinder
Have you guys ever glide tested these? Power off, or just a bit of throttle.
Jun 25, 2018, 07:43 AM
I glide test only gliders or light models.........At 1200gr, did not have the guts to glide test....
Maybe after repair....
Jun 25, 2018, 04:31 PM
Breaker of things...
Quote:
Originally Posted by serjuro
I glide test only gliders or light models.........At 1200gr, did not have the guts to glide test....
Maybe after repair....
Find a field with nice long grass on a day with some wind.
Give it an over-head throw (nice a strong throw!) into the wind and it should have enough airspeed to glide.

I do this with all of my planes....

Good luck.
Jun 25, 2018, 04:51 PM
Laughs at un-boxing videos...
Almost all my planks fly good at 18-20% cg. With such a long flat surfaced fuselage maybe 20% of wing area.

I never test glide em.
Jun 25, 2018, 05:23 PM
treefinder
I am about 50/50 on glide testing, but if I have a,new plane that acts as wierd as these, I will for sure throw it over the tall grass to see how it glides.

Quick Reply