Dec 14, 2015, 05:42 PM
Just one more step for the government to intrude in our ways of our "freedom".
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2015, 05:52 PM
The way to complain is to "Call" your Congressman and Senator. My congressman told us that letters get held in quarantine and hardly ever read.
The phone calls get counted and logged as to subject.

There are websites that list these numbers I will post them as soon as I dig them up.

The government knew it had us by the balls as soon as they got away with limiting toilet flushing systems to 0.6 gallons---- I flush 4 times just to be a rebel.

What is the penalty---Airplane jail?
Last edited by fpainter3; Dec 14, 2015 at 05:58 PM.
Dec 14, 2015, 06:01 PM
Rum River watershed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpainter3
You'll be required to fly a Syma every day for 3 years. Seriously, the weight limit is far too low for this kind of regulation.
Dec 14, 2015, 06:03 PM
I havent read the info as being from Australia our govt has jumped this far. YET, anyway if you have to register your copter my questions are 1, does it then have to display a number plate on the front and rear like a car? 2 If you dont have a recording camera,DVR, is it a drone or a quadcopter? 3 How do you define what drone/copter you have, is it by model, does it have FPV, does it have altitude control, cameras, certain size motors, certain range?
Just curious how you regulate something that hasnt really got any standard specifications.

ok I have read some of the FAQs and it answered my questions, more or less.
Last edited by roscored; Dec 14, 2015 at 06:09 PM. Reason: read more info
Dec 14, 2015, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredulous
Quote " not only regulate "drones" but all aircraft from .55 pounds to 55 pounds."

Surely you don't mean that they want us to register every model we have?
Taking the bad guy black hat - yes it does....ie ALL aircraft.
Aircraft = anything that flies - including gliders - unless the regulations stipulate "powered".
Dec 14, 2015, 06:04 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
Quote:
While I agree with you- I'm just answering the question. I don't like this either.

The question was raised in the recorded "call" posted above, and the answer was $27,500 in civil fines, plus any criminal charges they deem necessary.
Dec 14, 2015, 06:04 PM
TEAM FUTABA TEAM DURALITE
we will have "N" numbers
Dec 14, 2015, 06:07 PM
Rotor Junkie

Do not Register

The way I see it is that Walmart, Amazon and a variety of large corporate
entities have lobbied the heck out of the FAA with lots of money because they want "them bothersome hobbyists" out of their airspace as to raise their bottom line, although every air service they want to promote is so far
total science fiction.
Last edited by EdAmps; Dec 14, 2015 at 06:18 PM.
Dec 14, 2015, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank374
Seriously, we need to register drones (I assume this means rc planes as well)?
Our government is run by buffoons, how many people have guns killed and there is no federal mandate to register them. How many people have drones killed?
I guess the NRA is stronger then the AMA!
The Constitution is stronger than the AMA.
Dec 14, 2015, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT56
The Constitution is stronger than the AMA.
the 2nd amendment.....

how has that worked out so far for the free citizens of this country?
Dec 14, 2015, 06:10 PM
Rum River watershed
It would be really nice if people would read or listen to the regulations before commenting. Most of the comments so far are either answered in the press release or irrelevant.
Dec 14, 2015, 06:13 PM
We now have "Drone Control Laws"....

"Should people have a drone more than 10 inches long?"

"That Drone oughta be in a locked container while transporting it"

"People don't need a drone with more than 10 minutes of endurance"...

"Ban Assault Drones!!"

"You can only buy 1 drone every 30 days"

"You must wait 10 days before you can take possession"
Dec 14, 2015, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinnc
While I agree with you- I'm just answering the question. I don't like this either.

The question was raised in the recorded "call" posted above, and the answer was $27,500 in civil fines, plus any criminal charges they deem necessary.
Huge fine, they must be taking this very seriously
Dec 14, 2015, 06:18 PM
When I go to North Korea, Iran and China I don't need no registration of my drones.....
Dec 14, 2015, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinnc
and the answer was $27,500 in civil fines, plus any criminal charges they deem necessary.
Cuz we're criminals... GO FIGHT SOME CRIME MF'ER is exactly what I will tell any authority that try's to write me up on criminal charges for flying my unregistered but responsibly flown quad!

Quick Reply