Dec 27, 2015, 07:12 PM
oops I ment the 17th amendment - Senators used to be elected by their state governments representatives, so they were accountable to those bodies, not lobbyists like today

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sevent...s_Constitution
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2015, 03:12 PM
cuz real planes cost too much
interesting, isn't it, that all airspace, now even 1ft off the ground, is considered "national" airspace, with the FAA able to make criminals out of anyone 'using' this 'airspace' without their permission and not according to their regulations.
not only the states' rights disappear, but the individuals' freedoms also. and now all it takes is one or a few corrupt ppl.
..anyway, waiting and watching
Dec 30, 2015, 03:14 PM
it always has been considered national airspace.
Dec 31, 2015, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank374
Seriously, we need to register drones (I assume this means rc planes as well)?
Our government is run by buffoons, how many people have guns killed and there is no federal mandate to register them. How many people have drones killed?
I guess the NRA is stronger then the AMA!
Nothing in the US Constitution guarantees the right to own or operate RC aircraft or drones -the quads will be the death of our hobby yet!
Dec 31, 2015, 01:35 PM
Learning to crash
Oh give it a frikkin rest with the quad pissin n moaning
Its an air craft, a plane is an air craft. Just remember back to what all started this crap. It was some damn idiot (trappy) flying a plank in downtown New York that started all this crap. Get over it just because you may only fly planes and not quads, jesus!
Jan 01, 2016, 01:46 AM
wyldrydes

Proportionality?!

Something rotten this way comes.
AMA reports 6 deaths related to RC models in 20 years.
CNN reports more than 33,600 gun related deaths in 2013 (most recent year data is available).

So, the FAA regulates RC models.
The NRA (gun manufacturer's shills) block all gun regulations.

The USA is fast becoming an ideocracy on steroids.
Seriously, gunning down 1st graders and teachers and NOTHING happens?!

THIS IS STUPID!
Ah phuq it!
Jan 01, 2016, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretendpilot
interesting, isn't it, that all airspace, now even 1ft off the ground, is considered "national" airspace, with the FAA able to make criminals out of anyone 'using' this 'airspace' without their permission and not according to their regulations.
not only the states' rights disappear, but the individuals' freedoms also. and now all it takes is one or a few corrupt ppl.
..anyway, waiting and watching
I have been wondering about this too.

While the FAA thinks it is clear cut because navigational airspace is public airspace, and RC models (aircraft according to the FAA) can fly just above ground level, thus NAS start at 0ft. However, this ignores Causby vs US, which states that the landowner controls use of the airspace above their property in connection with their uninterrupted use and enjoyment (IANAL, but I would argue that this includes excising your hobby of flying a RC model) of the underlying land.
Jan 01, 2016, 11:17 AM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Oh give it a frikkin rest with the quad pissin n moaning
Its an air craft, a plane is an air craft. Just remember back to what all started this crap. It was some damn idiot (trappy) flying a plank in downtown New York that started all this crap. Get over it just because you may only fly planes and not quads, jesus!

I recall that one!

However, I recall this one as well.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...nyc-pedestrian
Jan 01, 2016, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
I recall that one!

However, I recall this one as well.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...nyc-pedestrian
So the FAA is correct, both fixed wing and rotor aircraft are the problem. Every class of aircraft has irresponsible pilots and must be regulated.

It can be argued though that it was fixed wing that really brought this issue to a head. Trappy flew a fixed wing at the Grand Canyon and got RC aircraft banned at all National Parks. He then flew in several major cities and finally at University of Virginia.
Jan 01, 2016, 11:55 AM
Right Rudder
It all took "one" Knuckle Head!
Jan 01, 2016, 01:21 PM
Anyone with half a brain can fly a quad copter from almost anyplace. You buy a plane, heli, sailplane and you are most likely to wreck them quickly. So.. you join a club, learn to fly and get a lesson from the AMA pilots about safety. I have seen a lot of quad copters flown in dangerous ways and places. Every place seems to be selling quads now and they dont include safety lessons. Are there some bad airplane pilots...yes. But there seem to be way more bad quad pilots.
Jan 01, 2016, 01:24 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsld
Anyone with half a brain can fly a quad copter from almost anyplace. You buy a plane, heli, sailplane and you are most likely to wreck them quickly. So.. you join a club, learn to fly and get a lesson from the AMA pilots about safety. I have seen a lot of quad copters flown in dangerous ways and places. Every place seems to be selling quads now and they dont include safety lessons. Are there some bad airplane pilots...yes. But there seem to be way more bad quad pilots.
Well, yes but......

The real problem is that the pecuniary manner in which the rotor-craft industry is designed by inherent nature, is to DO AWAY WITH CONFORMITY *

That by virtue of what the “toy” is: it was built “idiot-proof” as to autonomous flying with both GPS and Gyroscopic ability from the get go. It does not require building skills, it does not require hours of training, it does not require flight and weather knowledge , It only requires a check, and “two fingers”

These are people who do not need, and will not join a flight club ( unnecessary) does not require a field, does not require a trainer and a buddy box, does not require PAYING ANY ATTENTION TO ANY FLIGHT RULES OF THE FAA OR OTHER organization.

In my opinion the manufacturers would rather see the AMA “DISAPPEAR” as they represent a control facet that the producers deem anti-productive !

Quick Reply