Podcast 46 - The FAA Update! - RC Groups
Dec 14, 2015, 04:02 PM
Admin Deluxe
Discussion

Podcast 46 - The FAA Update!

!Find out what the FAA updated rules mean for you and the hobby.

Jason Cole, Matt Gunn and Jim T. Graham talk about the the realities of the FAA announcement. We also talk about our thoughts on how it was implanted.

RCGroups.com was invited in on the media call from the FAA. We recorded that, as well as the questions asked by the large media outlets.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2015, 05:02 PM
Anyone else have audio quality issues with this? Mike is completely broken up.

Details if helpful - Downloaded via RSS feed by podcast addict for android
Dec 14, 2015, 05:07 PM
Admin Deluxe
Try again. I uploaded this again at 4:07PM.
Dec 14, 2015, 05:19 PM
RCG Admin
Sounds good on my end with the new upload.
Dec 14, 2015, 05:48 PM
Drone enforcement officer D.E.O. ????....
Dec 14, 2015, 06:08 PM
THIS!!!

I'm selling all my stuff.

Too much regulation for a expensive hobby!!!!
Dec 14, 2015, 07:01 PM
I don't understand why WE aren't rising up to demonstrate against these rules. Why do we need to supplement our governments' (ie. all). I've flown real aircraft since age 14. Soloed when old e'nuff for the government at 15, then licensed at 16. Retired, Air Traffic controller from the Navy. Drone pilot and enthusiastic supporter of our God given right to airspace Under FIVE HUNDRED FEET. FOR FREE! Get a clue people. It won't stop here. ..!
Dec 16, 2015, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpickens2002
Drone pilot and enthusiastic supporter of our God given right to airspace Under FIVE HUNDRED FEET. FOR FREE!
Actually, according to the FAA we have to stay below FOUR hundred feet.

Personally, I don't see a problem with registering as a UAS flyer. Five bucks every three years is a nit. I would rather have this registration and have it result in better education about safe flying for those people who will be buying UASs, then to have the FAA do nothing and then, after a large number of incidents, say, "Okay no more model UAS flying, period!"

Could this registration process result in more restrictive rules later on? I guess it could but I'm not going to freak out over something that may never happen.
Dec 16, 2015, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatmike
THIS!!!

I'm selling all my stuff.

Too much regulation for a expensive hobby!!!!
I'm not sure what kind of "regulation" that you are referring to. Looks to me like the only difference in your flying will be that you have a new number on your model. If you've been following all of the AMA rules for safe flying, I don't see how putting a number on your model will prevent you from flying the same way that you have all along.