This thread is privately moderated by brandonmoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 14, 2015, 03:25 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Thread OP
Alert

New Mandatory UAS FAA registration requirements, Starts 12/21/2015

I just got this a moment ago from RC flight deck. Just thought I would pass it along to all my RC friends to FYI. I'll be posting this on my blog page as well

Mandatory registration begins December 21st.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE IF YOU FLY ANY RC AIRCRAFT.
The FAA has announced a registration process for hobbyists who fly RC aircraft. I STRONGLY suggest that EVERYBODY read the FAQ page they have (link at the end) and demonstrate that we modelers are responsible pilots by registering as soon as possible after the website opens on December 21, 2015.

Here are relevant highlights:

1. Registration is free for the first 30 days. You pay 5 bucks online via credit card and they refund it.

2. You only register YOURSELF, get a number and put it somewhere on each of your aircraft.

HERE IS WHAT THE FAA SAYS ABOUT THAT:

A. You will receive a unique registration number that applies to any and all UAS that you own. You must mark all of your UAS with the unique registration number before operating. A registration certificate that contains the unique FAA registration number, the issue and expiration dates, and the name of the certificate holder will be sent to your email address immediately.

B. You will receive a unique registration number, not an N-number, and you must mark the registration number on your UAS by some means that is legible and allows the number to be readily seen. The registration number may be placed in a battery compartment as long as it can be accessed without the use of tools.

C. You may use any method to affix the number, such as permanent marker, label, engraving, or other means, as long as the number is readily accessible and maintained in a condition that is readable and legible upon close visual inspection. If your unmanned aircraft has an easily accessible battery compartment you may affix the number in that compartment.

3. You can continue to operate your RC aircraft as we have done for decades (http://www.faa.gov/uas/faq/#qn2).

HERE IS THE LINK TO REGISTER:

http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2015, 04:34 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Love it.

The mouth-breathing idiots who flew their quads in the path of fire fighting aircraft are to thank for this. It happened not far from where I live up in the mountains.
Dec 14, 2015, 06:04 PM
R/C Superfan
Its already a mess,I was looking online a moment ago and the fake registry help sites are popping up everywhere,well at least I have a week to find the legit site to get my QUADCOPTER'S registered,not so much against registering,just the garbage that this now creates,I also feel this is very unfair to the long time aircraft hobbyists that helped inspire the joy of r/c flying.
Dec 14, 2015, 06:07 PM
Southwest VA, USA
Big discussion about this already on this thread, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2561502
Dec 14, 2015, 06:12 PM
What's the penalty for non-compliance?
Dec 14, 2015, 08:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0leur
Big discussion about this already on this thread, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2561502
Thanks for posting that link...I just Subed....This information needs to get out to all
Dec 15, 2015, 11:46 AM
Waste Nothing
I for one am watching this process with great interest to see just how successful it will be . In Canada , the govt. will undoubtedly just 'rubber stamp' this into law without any consultation with any one (organized groups included MAAC) . If it turns out to be a great hassle in the US , it will probably follow here too .

Enforcement of the rules will fall to every govt. employees ranging from the RCMP (busy doing serious work) thru others like Wildlife Conservation Officers , Forestry employees and to the general public finks who know very little about anything generally . Having these un-informed people doing the enforcing is where the problems will show up .

The majority of the qualified MAAC pilots the I have spoken with are not planning to register their aircraft at all . This may change once the infraction penalties are finally decided upon . It is going to be a paper nightmare in the meantime .
Latest blog entry: Fellas Fellas Fellas !
May 19, 2017, 08:38 PM
Thread OP

BIG UPDATE: Registration NO LONGER Required and ruling over turned in Federal Court.

GOOD NEWS!!!!!! Check out the latest update here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...es-Section-336

Quick Reply