Feb 06, 2016, 08:35 PM
I introduced my quad to a lovely oak tree the other day. I thought the meeting went well, just some busted props, a dented lipo (in a safe place now) and broken zip ties on all but one esc. I slapped it back in shape and took it back out this morning. I got off the ground, tried to yaw, and it just flipped and crashed. Playing around with it afterwards, one motor would refuse to spin eventually. I think everything is good after recalibrating, but we'll see tomorrow. Is it normal for esc's to be knocked out of calibration in a crash?

I did have some good news today though. I was able to get the AT9 transmitter to play nice with my computer. I ordered this USB cable from banggood and it works perfectly with FPV Freerider. Perhaps I will save some money on repairs now

I had ordered another adapter from amazon and it was no good, so I recommend the one from banggood for anyone else wanting some stick practice.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2016, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandook
I introduced my quad to a lovely oak tree the other day. I thought the meeting went well, just some busted props, a dented lipo (in a safe place now) and broken zip ties on all but one esc. I slapped it back in shape and took it back out this morning. I got off the ground, tried to yaw, and it just flipped and crashed. Playing around with it afterwards, one motor would refuse to spin eventually. I think everything is good after recalibrating, but we'll see tomorrow. Is it normal for esc's to be knocked out of calibration in a crash?

I did have some good news today though. I was able to get the AT9 transmitter to play nice with my computer. I ordered this USB cable from banggood and it works perfectly with FPV Freerider. Perhaps I will save some money on repairs now

I had ordered another adapter from amazon and it was no good, so I recommend the one from banggood for anyone else wanting some stick practice.

How did you get freerider to work? I have the same SIM but I can't calibrate the TX. Do you have the demo or the bought version? What settings are you using?
Feb 07, 2016, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoowagon
How did you get freerider to work? I have the same SIM but I can't calibrate the TX. Do you have the demo or the bought version? What settings are you using?
On the sim cord USB plug, there is a switch on the side that has 4 positions. One of the positions gave me all 4 channels, the others I only had like 2. But you need to power your tx on and off after you flip the usb switch. Then you will have all your channels and can calibrate in FPV FR. I have the paid version.
Feb 07, 2016, 02:33 PM
Quote:
On the sim cord USB plug, there is a switch on the side that has 4 positions. One of the positions gave me all 4 channels, the others I only had like 2. But you need to power your tx on and off after you flip the usb switch. Then you will have all your channels and can calibrate in FPV FR. I have the paid version.
Thanks for that. I did try the different positions on the usb but I didn't turn the tx off and on when I was switching. So hopefully that's the problem, I'll try tonight when I get home from work cheers.
Feb 07, 2016, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Thanks for that. I did try the different positions on the usb but I didn't turn the tx off and on when I was switching. So hopefully that's the problem, I'll try tonight when I get home from work cheers.
Yeah, it didn't change for me until I powered down. I may have unplugged the USB dongle too. I'm using win 8. Good luck! Fun game. Small maps but good practice.
Feb 08, 2016, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Yeah, it didn't change for me until I powered down. I may have unplugged the USB dongle too. I'm using win 8. Good luck! Fun game. Small maps but good practice.
Thanks Bandook turning the TX off done the trick. Now I have FPV Freerider working. Your a legend. I'm on windows 10.

This is what I'm using for anyone else wanting to use their Radiolink AT9 for sims.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22-in-1-F...oAAOSwA4dWNtXF
Feb 08, 2016, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Thanks Bandook turning the TX off done the trick. Now I have FPV Freerider working. Your a legend. I'm on windows 10.

This is what I'm using for anyone else wanting to use their Radiolink AT9 for sims.

Awesome! Yeah I'm pretty happy with this transmitter now. Just wish their receivers were compatible with more flight controllers. Range doesn't seem to be that great with the r6d either. I get rssi alarms pretty frequently when flying close. Haven't lost control yet but the alarm is set way down to -75 and it will go off steady when I still have decent video signal.
Feb 08, 2016, 04:16 PM
Quote:

Did you have any luck with the software that came packaged with it?
Feb 08, 2016, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Cell
Did you have any luck with the software that came packaged with it?

Yep I've got Phoenix up and running. Haven't tried the others though.
Feb 09, 2016, 01:02 PM
Are you guys turning off the transmitter rf output when you are hooking up to the sim?
Feb 09, 2016, 03:40 PM
Confused on Arming. I configured the drone using LibraPilot. I left in PWM Mode and was able to use the Libra Pilot Wizard. The copter responds to Libra Pilot test. I tried the Disarm using the transmitter and get no response. I went back into LibraPilot and changed among configs and still nothing. I did not flash the option either for the transmitter. This is my first quad (RC anything)

How do I know if the transmitter and receiver are communicating? Any thoughts on arming? I just want to see a response from the quad. Thank you.
Feb 09, 2016, 04:43 PM
2nd in command
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn2learn
Confused on Arming. I configured the drone using LibraPilot. I left in PWM Mode and was able to use the Libra Pilot Wizard. The copter responds to Libra Pilot test. I tried the Disarm using the transmitter and get no response. I went back into LibraPilot and changed among configs and still nothing. I did not flash the option either for the transmitter. This is my first quad (RC anything)

How do I know if the transmitter and receiver are communicating? Any thoughts on arming? I just want to see a response from the quad. Thank you.
In LibrePilot what do you have on the Input page on the Arming Settings tab?

Also, I walked through the LibrePilot setup
Eachine EC250 LibrePilot Conversion/Upgrade (31 min 14 sec)
Feb 09, 2016, 06:04 PM
Here are the three screens sorry for a few duplicates. I did no advanced stuff
Last edited by Burn2learn; Feb 09, 2016 at 06:13 PM.
Feb 09, 2016, 08:08 PM
2nd in command
Quote:
Turn on your controller, then plug in your quad to usb. From there on the RC input tab if you move the sticks do the values change? Does the R6D blink or solid?
Feb 09, 2016, 10:02 PM
Quote:
It looks like you need to do the transmitter wizard again. Unless you were moving your sticks when you took that screenshot, your settings are messed up because roll is pegged to the right. Calibrate your transmitter so the roll, pitch and yaw bars are centered when looking at the blue bars. I arm by throttle down and yaw right and disarm by throttle down and yaw left. Something is wonky in your transmitter calibration.

I had to replace a motor tonight. One of the motors would just twitch until I kept unplugging the battering and rearming. I messed with it tonight till I figured out that there was a loose connection in one of the 3 wires to the faulty motor. Wiggling it would get it spinning correctly. I don't know if there is a fix besides rewinding it, but I don't think its worth it anyways.

So I had to use one of my GENUINE emax motors. I'm definitely not happy that these are clone motors. I'll post another photo comparison, but its quite obvious that these are not emax motors. Don't know why this doesn't bother anyone else. Crap, after installing the motor and doing a hover test I had to trim the heck out of them to get them to balance the quad. The GENUINE emax definitely over powers the other three bastard motors.

I sent an email to banggood over a week ago about this but have not had a reply. Like I've said previously, it would not be a big deal if they didn't list the motors on the ec250 as Emax motors, but they did and that was a selling point for me as the Emax motors carry a good reputation. The quad is otherwise a great unit. It's very solid and and I really like the transmitter. Just a shame that they feel they have to lie to lure in noobs like me.

Quick Reply