Mar 22, 2016, 03:26 PM
Super scooter is an amazing plane. ..was my first foamy and my first ds plane....went together very well and i had no problems navigating my way through my first foamie build and packing tape covering job.. as far as flight, flew straight off the boards, 4 clicks of down was all that was needed to trim. .2 days in im really getting the knack for dynamic soaring, with a little help from aaron and josh up at parker. ...definately recommend this plane to anyone looking to step into d.s or their 1st foamy, you will not be disappointed.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2016, 07:32 PM
U down with EPP? Ya u know me!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by droydx
Deal! Catch me at the Weaselfest, if you're going to be coming up for it.
I maidened my SS today up at the Ruins. Conditions were light, probably only 10 -15mph but building, and pretty darn cold. The Scoot flew out straight and clean, and I was really happy with my CG, which is on the backside of the recommended range (can't remember it off hand) With the aft CG, I was getting pretty much hands off inverted, but no tucking in dives, so I was happy with that for frontside stuff. At 31 oz. my Scooter really could float around....felt very light and responsive to any puffs of lift

The only change I made post maiden was to take out some elevator throw, I had a pretty absurd amount on initial flight, and it just didn't need it. I really like the way the Scooter rolls, and I run max throws on the ailerons with lots of Expo on my D/R 1 setting. Like Phil, I'm running some camber on elevator, and the Scooter seemed to respond well in turns to the added grip. I set up spoilerons for landing and they work great too, with some down elevator compensation.

This ship will see a lot of air time. Its really a good fit for the lift profile (light to medium) here in Santa Barbara, and should be fun in the coastal lift at Elwood too. Thanks Aaron for making this great design available again!

Andy
Just a heads-up Andy, I gave some red dogs to James to give to you today!
Apr 04, 2016, 11:11 AM
Fun ain't cheap!
Aaron,
Roger that!

Andy
May 16, 2016, 01:48 PM

CG Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by droydx
Aaron, CG is at 3 3/4" forward from the rear of the drag spar. Flies well on frontside with this.

Andy
Resurrecting my old SS, replacing NiCd with a LiFe and also a 2.4 receiver. I never marked the recommended CG on the wing. You mention 3-3/4 fwd of the drag spar. What is the drag spar? I have an old (circa 2000) one with tubular spars top and bottom. currently balances about 1/2 aft of the lower spar.
May 17, 2016, 10:47 AM
Fun ain't cheap!
That's the wood piece at the rear of the wing, right in front of the aileron, so measure forward from from there , not the TE of the aileron.

Andy
May 17, 2016, 02:30 PM
Got it. I don't have a balsa piece at the foam trailing edge, but I'm at about 3-1/2 fwd of that point now.

Thanks Andy!

Quick Reply