This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 12, 2015, 07:00 PM
Thread OP
Cool

getting a plane back

from the beginning, i always have placed a sticker with my name, address and phone on every plane.
for those who don't believe it works, i can tell you that, well,sometimes it does. maybe rarely, but it is worth doing it.
from my years of free flight, to these years of radio control.
last year i lost a 2 meters sailplane in the fog, and 2 months later a farmer driving his tractor to our field brought it back. i thanked him and later checked the plane. as it was exposed to the elements for so long, and as it crashed and the wing split and the covering lifted, water got all inside. the only thing i could salvage was the spinner, prop, and motor.
then about 2 months ago i lost another (my best) sailplane, this time due to running out of power. i was so deep into thermalling that by the time i noticed something was wrong it was too late. am not sure if i didn't feel the vibrations of the low volts alarm due to the excitement of thermalling, but when i stood up (i was lying on the grass for about 45minutes) and tried to see it again, it was gone.
searched but to no avail. then 5 weeks later a phone call from a nice fellow brough it back, this time in not so bad shape. extensive repairs after drying it out, was ready for the next window in the weather. and this happened today. it flew as well as before. great satisfaction to see it flying again. so, sometimes miracles happen.
post your name and phone on every plane you own.
you never know...
Last edited by phil alvirez; Dec 13, 2015 at 06:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply