Dec 12, 2015, 04:58 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

RTF 32 bit ARM ESC

Anyone tried these out yet? Some of the language ("adaptive Auto Timing") looks to be lifted directly from the KISS ESC page, but these are based on a 32 bit STM chip. Could be interesting. I'd be very interested to know what firmware they're running since it's not really clear from the page. SimonK doesn't support SiLab chips and BLHeli doesn't support 32 bit (as far as I know?).

Relevant specs:
  • STM32F051 48MHz ARM 32-bit MCU
  • 1480 steps of throttle resolution
  • OneShot support
  • Regenerative braking

Link
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2015, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akcom View Post
Anyone tried these out yet? Some of the language ("adaptive Auto Timing") looks to be lifted directly from the KISS ESC page, but these are based on a 32 bit STM chip. Could be interesting. I'd be very interested to know what firmware they're running since it's not really clear from the page. SimonK doesn't support SiLab chips and BLHeli doesn't support 32 bit (as far as I know?).

Relevant specs:
  • STM32F051 48MHz ARM 32-bit MCU
  • 1480 steps of throttle resolution
  • OneShot support
  • Regenerative braking

Link
Lookes like a mix of the kiss 30a (fets and capacitors) and the xrotor 15a gate driver and mcu?

If the xrotor15a also uses a f051 it might be also the hobbywing FW. Once i get one i can compare them.

Regards

Felix
Last edited by juuuut; Dec 13, 2015 at 03:22 PM. Reason: 15 not 20a
Dec 14, 2015, 04:42 PM
hacker
Interesting! I've been wanting to try out the stm32f051 on an ESC for a while. I wonder if the sense lines are wired for the comparator to be useful. So, if Felix didn't help with this, who did?
Dec 18, 2015, 04:06 PM
yes , the sense lines are wired for the comparator. Please send some feedback when you get them , we are open to any changes needed.

Happy holidays
Jan 08, 2016, 09:15 PM
Master Prop Breaker
I just found this thread after I started a thread about this ESC.

On my thread some guy sent me a link to his thread with two more STM ESC's. This guy has 18A and a 30A ESC.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2575028 Confusing, I know.

Looks like the market is about to flood with 32 bit STM based ESC's.
Feb 25, 2016, 11:27 PM
Firmware Fiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
Interesting! I've been wanting to try out the stm32f051 on an ESC for a while. I wonder if the sense lines are wired for the comparator to be useful. So, if Felix didn't help with this, who did?
Woohoo!! Is Mr. simonk himself looking to hack one of these babies up?! Please do.

Quick Reply