Dec 12, 2015, 02:57 PM
Discussion

Can someone explain Acro+ mode for CC3d

I really can't find anything on this mode as far as how it differs from Acro (which I don't know what it does either) or basic rate.

I'm going to try rattitude on my eachine 250 now, but haven't uploaded acro+ as I have no idea what it does...

any help guys?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2015, 04:52 PM
2nd in command
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorseal
I really can't find anything on this mode as far as how it differs from Acro (which I don't know what it does either) or basic rate.

I'm going to try rattitude on my eachine 250 now, but haven't uploaded acro+ as I have no idea what it does...

any help guys?
Check out Painless360 videos. He has a series on CC3D and OpenPilot.

Introduction to CC3D - Flight mode overview (rate, attitude, acro+ rattitude etc) (14 min 26 sec)
Dec 12, 2015, 05:36 PM
Adjust your max angle to 90 degrees in Openpilot, Librepilot, or whatever flight controller your using.

Look in the Advanced tab.

You can start out with
Attitude Mode Response: Roll: 55 Pitch: 55 Yaw:35 (You can change these to whatever you like.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Acro, set...

Rate Mode Resonse Roll: 250 Pitch: 250 Yaw: 360
Max Rate Limit Roll: 250 Pitch: 250 Yaw: 360

Slide the Acro+ slider bar to 40 or 50.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Rattitude, set...

Rate Mode Resonse Roll: 700 Pitch: 700 Yaw: 360
Max Rate Limit Roll: 700 Pitch: 700 Yaw: 360

Slide the Acro+ slider bar to 70.

You can slowly up these if you want when you get comfortable.

Max Rate Limit should be equal to or higher than Rate Mode Response.

This will get you started.

You'll also want to adjust your Expo settings on your transmitter or flight controller.
Last edited by Veker; Dec 12, 2015 at 05:51 PM.
Dec 12, 2015, 06:04 PM
Acro is just like rate mode except it's set up to control flips and rolls better. If you can fly in rate, you'll fly in acro just fine. You can do some crazy tripple flips and rolls so make sure your a little high up. But with those settings I posted, you can do them pretty close to the ground. Its just easy to over spin the quad and dive it into ground which I've done many times. haha So get used to it with it being higher in the air at first. Then see how close to the ground you can get when doing flips.

If you fly in Rate mode.... change the Response and Limit settings to around 400 for Roll and Pitch.

Rattitude works like Attitude(Self Level) except it kind of holds your Roll and Pitch angles better, kind of like how Rate works. It is a mix of Attitude and Rate. I like it better than Attitude.

Rate holds your Roll and Pitch angles in place when flying. When you let go of your sticks, the quad doesn't autolevel back out. You have to manually level it back out youself. It's a little more difficult than Attitude/Rattitude, but you'll get used to it after flying in Rate for a day or 2.

If you haven't flown in Rate mode, I recommend you fly in that for a day or 2 before you start trying Acro stuff.
Last edited by Veker; Dec 12, 2015 at 06:23 PM.
Dec 12, 2015, 07:26 PM
Thanks Veker.

I've been flying the racing quad for just 2 days now. I'm getting comfy with it and can fly rate, but lose my orientation if I try to go little too far and makes it hard on rate to figure out what's going on. I just quickly go back to attitude and get back in.

I played rattitude for the 1st time today and it was alot of fun doing flips etc. I have cruise control on and max angle at 90. with 360 d/sec it was ok. I had rate at 400 and the flips were better.

Right now I'm flying and having fun in attitude and rattitude with little bit of here and there with rate mode just to get used to it. I think it will be very easy with fpv.

I need to coordinate my turns better too. I go little crazy if I bank and yaw at the same time.

I started with 30% for expo and finished at 60% by the end of my tests. 400 d/sec seemed plenty for me. 360 was good, but the I didn't like the flips as much with that.
Dec 12, 2015, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickburns
Check out Painless360 videos. He has a series on CC3D and OpenPilot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyi7brefxVs
I'll check that out. thanks!

I wish the openpilot wiki was back in action
Dec 12, 2015, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veker
Acro is just like rate mode except it's set up to control flips and rolls better. If you can fly in rate, you'll fly in acro just fine. You can do some crazy tripple flips and rolls so make sure your a little high up. But with those settings I posted, you can do them pretty close to the ground. Its just easy to over spin the quad and dive it into ground which I've done many times. haha So get used to it with it being higher in the air at first. Then see how close to the ground you can get when doing flips.

If you fly in Rate mode.... change the Response and Limit settings to around 400 for Roll and Pitch.

Rattitude works like Attitude(Self Level) except it kind of holds your Roll and Pitch angles better, kind of like how Rate works. It is a mix of Attitude and Rate. I like it better than Attitude.

Rate holds your Roll and Pitch angles in place when flying. When you let go of your sticks, the quad doesn't autolevel back out. You have to manually level it back out youself. It's a little more difficult than Attitude/Rattitude, but you'll get used to it after flying in Rate for a day or 2.

If you haven't flown in Rate mode, I recommend you fly in that for a day or 2 before you start trying Acro stuff.

your 250 roll rate in acro. Isn't that very low?

and what does the acro+ slider do?

and lastly, that 700 d/sec sounds scary! Would need some serious high expo for that I think!

I'm watching that video now hoping it helps a little
Dec 12, 2015, 09:26 PM
You have to turn it up really high in Rattitude. Test it out... put in on 360-400 and do a roll. It will do a large, slow roll. To make it quick and smooth, you need to put it on something like 700.

I guess Im just used it now, keep it on 360 for now, but try 600 in a week or so. 700 makes it flip just like it would normally in rate or acro mode.

In acro, the 250 degrees will keep it flying smoothly and easily while your just buzzing around. The acro+ slider is what really controls the rate for when you do flips in acro+ mode. You can move from 250 to 400-500 if you want. That just controls the flying when your sticks are close to center. When you move sticks to their farthest point, thats when the setting from the acro+ slider bar kicks in.

Im pretty new to this too, only been flying a few months, so let me know if you find any cool settings.
Last edited by Veker; Dec 12, 2015 at 09:42 PM.
Dec 13, 2015, 11:05 PM
Quote:
You have to turn it up really high in Rattitude. Test it out... put in on 360-400 and do a roll. It will do a large, slow roll. To make it quick and smooth, you need to put it on something like 700.

I guess Im just used it now, keep it on 360 for now, but try 600 in a week or so. 700 makes it flip just like it would normally in rate or acro mode.

In acro, the 250 degrees will keep it flying smoothly and easily while your just buzzing around. The acro+ slider is what really controls the rate for when you do flips in acro+ mode. You can move from 250 to 400-500 if you want. That just controls the flying when your sticks are close to center. When you move sticks to their farthest point, thats when the setting from the acro+ slider bar kicks in.

Im pretty new to this too, only been flying a few months, so let me know if you find any cool settings.
Thanks bud. I'll give those a try! I've only had 2 flights under me so I'll work my way up to it.
Feb 14, 2016, 10:54 AM
I know its been over several months since the last post any updates on cc3d settings? Ive been flying LOS in the default settings but just got my fpv setup.
Last edited by pistolpete1982; Feb 14, 2016 at 03:46 PM.
May 09, 2016, 04:22 PM
Quote:

Just flew today for the first in rate. Attitude is super slow but used when I lose video I can let it hover then recover. I find rate at 500 is super slow. I did a roll but it takes super long. Good thing I was practicing high up. Also 720 is also kind of slow. I think 500 is for looking around 720 is where it's at for flying. I have yaw at 300 for 500 and 700 rate. I just saved to acro+ for 500 and 700 settings and will try again.

Someone was arguing with me saying I'm trolling when I said it's better to roll faster because the longer it takes the more chance it will hit the ground. You cannot start to "hover" if the craft is still upside down. I have to wait until it gets upright before flying again.

I do have to say 720 rate on pitch/roll was slow for my liking. I like it for the quick avoidance like a tree is coming then I just move it quick to avoid then back. The longer it takes to do that.. I'm not sure how that is even questionable of not being visible. I tried running expos but I don't like the long stick travel. It's quicker like a short throw shifter to get what you need.