WooHoo!
Bob Herrera's Lucky Boy
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2019, 05:41 PM
Thread OP
Bob is the master of detail.

Ed
Jul 07, 2019, 06:26 PM
Bob did not always adhere to "scale". But, the end result was great looking!!!
Jul 18, 2019, 04:27 PM
Thread OP
All the different components have been glued together. I have been working mainly on the rear frame. The sides of the frame have been moved in toward center. The brake drum is installed on the drive shaft, I also added the two brake pads to it. The extension for the dynamo has been added to the starboard side and next to it I made a bump out for the brake mechanism. I started on the intake system which is the right angle brass tube and the lower part that looks like a boot. Under the boot will be the carburetor. The generic gear was too plain so I drilled some holes in it to make it look nicer, it is supposed to have spokes in it but I did not want to deal with that due to the size of the gear.
Jul 18, 2019, 08:55 PM
That gear looks Great with the modification !
Aug 20, 2019, 05:15 PM
Thread OP
The Hicks is pretty much finished. I just need to make the flywheel which will be a real challenge. A lot of the small details have been left off the engine. My intent was to just make the major components, I feel I achieved that. The green paint is Tamiya Park Green and sprayed with flat clear lacquer. After I finish the flywheel I will restart the Stephen Brothers raised deck cruiser.

Ed
Aug 20, 2019, 05:50 PM
Man that looks Great !!!

The lighting in the house makes it look right at home ...

Great engineering as usual with the battery tray / motor mount ~
Aug 20, 2019, 06:26 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
I can almost hear it poppin' an' clackin' from here! Well done sir!
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
Aug 20, 2019, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Crowell
The Hicks is pretty much finished.
Are you going to weather it ?
Aug 20, 2019, 11:02 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Wow!

Bob
Aug 21, 2019, 08:03 PM
First class engine work. Looks great.
Latest blog entry: Myrtle Corey
Aug 23, 2019, 02:05 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Guys for the comments on the Hicks build.

I did my first test cutting the holes for the 3" X 1/2" flywheel, as you can see the red holes are miss aligned. The offset for the inner holes are incorrect. I re-adjusted the offset and cut one lower hole which corrected the position. Today I flipped to the other side of the scrap aluminum and drilled the holes using the correct off sets. Now I need to figure out the measurement to cut out the web between the spokes. It has been pretty warm here so the wife and I are going to spend the next week in Pismo Beach where the temps have been in the low 70's. Then I will get back to the flywheel.

Ed
Aug 23, 2019, 02:15 PM
Great technical work there Ed ~
Aug 23, 2019, 03:22 PM
Mmm, tugs...
Not to get too far off topic, ED- but how are liking that TouchDRO? Does the controller keep the screen on? I hate that my stock iGaging readouts keep turning off to save battery, even though I have them plugged in to wall power...
Aug 23, 2019, 04:28 PM
Thread OP
Hi patmat,

I use a blu-DRO controller. The controller has X,Y and Z. It uses Yuri's touch DRO software. And yes it stays on until you turn it off. It comes with a power cord to plug into ac but I can not use it due to a ground loop so I have to use a 9 volt battery to power it. It uses blutooth to my tablet. Here is the link. http://blu-dro.com/

Ed

Quick Reply