Dec 11, 2015, 11:47 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

JJRC H11C Camera Drone Flight Test Review

This camera quadcopter includes a unique ability in toy drones, with a camera that has a remote angled lens. From the ground you can angle the lens in-flight for up or down viewing. Find it here.

The quadcopter itself is very well designed and is a great flier. However its controller does appear to have some issues in that its range is much less than advertised.

Pro's
- 2MP 720p HD camera with powered lens that can be remotely controlled to view up or down.
- Great flying quadcopter. Very maneuverable with plenty of power.
- Very colorful and bright LED lighting. Great night flier.
- Motors are plug in replacement, and very easy to change, even in the field.
- Large 1100mah battery for 7 minutes flight time if recording, and up to 10 minutes if not.
- Includes headless mode and one key return.

Con's
- Limited range of about 60 meters, much less than its advertised 120 meters.
- Although an HD video camera, jello and video sharpness and color is somewhat poor.
- Camera memory card and card reader are not included, and must be purchase separately.

and here's my flight with it:
JJRC H11C Camera Drone Flight Test Review (21 min 1 sec)

Description:
Brand: JJRC
Type: RC Simulators
Functions: 360 degrees spin, With light, Sideward flight, Up/down, Camera, Forward/backward, Turn left/right
Built-in Gyro: Yes
Night Flight: Yes
Specification
Channel: 4-Channels (pitch, roll, yaw, throttle)
Control Distance: greater than 100m (I only got 60 meters)
Transmitter Power: 3 x AAA battery(not included)
Charging Time: Approx.120mins
Flying Time: 8-10 mins

Package Contents: 1 x H11C - 2 RC Quadcopter, 1 x Transmitter, 2 x USB Cable, 4 x Spare Blade, 1 x Screwdriver, 1 x Screw Set, 1 x 2.0MP Camera, 1 x English User Manual
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2015, 01:14 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
So the non FPV version of the H11 also has limited range? Hope they get this fixed in the next version, along with the motor/gear vibrations, that affect the image so much.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 11, 2015, 02:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
So the non FPV version of the H11 also has limited range? Hope they get this fixed in the next version, along with the motor/gear vibrations, that affect the image so much.
Yeah, the range is still an issue of the transmitter, which happens to be the same transmitter for both H11C and H11D. As for jello, I think it's actually a combination of both the type of props used, along with the swivel lens mount not providing firm restraint to the lens.
Dec 11, 2015, 03:31 PM
The props seem to flex a lot under load, that might indeed have some influence. The gears are also partially responsible, I think. Due to the angular gears, the mesh can vary as motors rev up and down, unless you shim the prop shafts to reduce slop.
Dec 11, 2015, 08:27 PM
Suspended Account
It looks like a H11D Copy and I wanna know the difference.
Dec 11, 2015, 10:22 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCflyying
The JJRC H11D is quite hot recentely, I am also wondering which one is more worthy to buy
Dec 12, 2015, 12:34 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alater
The JJRC H11D is quite hot recentely, I am also wondering which one is more worthy to buy
Not any difference other than the H11D has a FPV transmitter in the camera, and comes with a FPV receiver screen.

JJRC H11D FPV Drone Flight Test Review (14 min 32 sec)
Dec 12, 2015, 12:35 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCflyying
No difference other than the FPV system.

JJRC H11D FPV Drone Flight Test Review (14 min 32 sec)
Dec 15, 2015, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alater
Hi Altar,

We have coupon for the JJRC H11D, it will saves you some money

Coupon: JREOG. $82.99.
Dec 18, 2015, 02:29 AM
Hmm. Aimable camera. Something I'm after without having to spend large $$. Definitely worth keeping an eye on. I like the large battery too. I wonder if a prop balance and WiFi antenna would solve the two issues?
Dec 18, 2015, 02:32 AM
Should be able to increase the range to 100 meters with some minor mods to the antennas or even just the placement of them, I think.
Dec 18, 2015, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish
Should be able to increase the range to 100 meters with some minor mods to the antennas or even just the placement of them, I think.
On my H11D gained range was 5 metres with both tx and rx antenna aimed straight up.
Dec 18, 2015, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
On my H11D gained range was 5 metres with both tx and rx antenna aimed straight up.
Price adjustment time.
Dec 18, 2015, 11:08 AM
If I had one, I'd probably take the core of a WiFi antenna and solder it in, as I mentioned.. That would probably triple the range, as long as it's placed correctly.

NiMh rechargeables might give a slight boost also, since the TX runs on 3 AAAs
Dec 20, 2015, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish
Price adjustment time.
Actually this isn't an older model, so the price point is right about normal. We here at RC groups are a picky bunch.

Quick Reply