Feb 26, 2021, 02:51 PM
.I was an “honor” student...
“Yes, your Honor”, “No your Honor....”Nice tie, your Honor!”
(Bonus points if anyone can guess what 80’s music video that was from). [/QUOTE]

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ygsf

Only watch the first 50 seconds.....unless you really like David Lee Roth, after he left Van Halen.
That is Dave himself as the fat Picasso brother.

This was when MTV actually played Music videos
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2021, 07:50 PM
The 40 size i got recently didn't have any numbers on it.
May 03, 2021, 07:56 AM
AMA# 135299 - Old School

Any more Stock?

Does anyone actually know if these will be coming back into stock, as my existing 60 KAOS just had a tough landing, and I would like another one!
May 03, 2021, 03:08 PM
I know there are more on order from that factory but I'm not sure where they are in the production queue...i.e. the timeline for availability. It's quite some time for them to build the models then a couple months "on the water" to arrive in the states. Of course that only begins once one of their production lines starts making this particular model. I guess to make a short story long, all I can say is it hasn't been discontinued, there are just none available until the next production run.
Latest blog entry: blog
May 11, 2021, 12:10 PM
A man with too many toys
Has everyone noticed that the Kaos 60 has a shipping date this fall. If you want one I suggest that you back order it now.
https://www.towerhobbies.com/product.../TOWA2058.html

May 11, 2021, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Has everyone noticed that the Kaos 60 has a shipping date this fall. If you want one I suggest that you back order it now.

Especially if you can back order it at the current price....
May 12, 2021, 08:05 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
Especially if you can back order it at the current price....
$164.99 is an incredible price for a 60 size ARF. The Old-School kit costs $235.95 and you have to buy covering, glue, wheels and other stuff on top of that. They must not pay the workers very much that make the ARF's.

Why are other ARF's like the Escapade 60 more expensive ($219.99). Kaos looks like much more airplane to me. I never understood how they could sell it for such a low price.

Probably the only thread on RCG that we are complaining about the prices being to low - LOL.
I know what you guys are going to say - Just buy it, be happy, and keep your mouth shut.

Last edited by RC Man; May 12, 2021 at 08:12 AM.
May 12, 2021, 04:26 PM
Don't give them ideas.... Let them keep the prices!
Jan 26, 2022, 12:36 PM
Ordered one, very good quality construction.
Jan 27, 2022, 02:33 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
That's been my experience with this ARF also -very good build quality.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Jan 27, 2022, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative RC
Ordered one, very good quality construction.
Same here.
Jul 26, 2022, 11:07 PM
34 years of flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRIGHT View Post
I know there are more on order from that factory but I'm not sure where they are in the production queue...i.e. the timeline for availability. It's quite some time for them to build the models then a couple months "on the water" to arrive in the states. Of course that only begins once one of their production lines starts making this particular model. I guess to make a short story long, all I can say is it hasn't been discontinued, there are just none available until the next production run.
Man, over a year and still no more yet.. A guy in my club has one, looks like such a nice plane and seems to fly well, I not flown it myself. I used to have a Super Koas back 15 years or more ago. never could keep the darn glow engine running, was going to go electric but never finished, ended up losing interest and trading to someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
$164.99 is an incredible price for a 60 size ARF. The Old-School kit costs $235.95 and you have to buy covering, glue, wheels and other stuff on top of that. They must not pay the workers very much that make the ARF's.

Why are other ARF's like the Escapade 60 more expensive ($219.99). Kaos looks like much more airplane to me. I never understood how they could sell it for such a low price.

Probably the only thread on RCG that we are complaining about the prices being to low - LOL.
I know what you guys are going to say - Just buy it, be happy, and keep your mouth shut.

Wow they did go up within the year now they want $249.99
Jul 27, 2022, 08:22 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
Man, over a year and still no more yet.. A guy in my club has one, looks like such a nice plane and seems to fly well, I not flown it myself. I used to have a Super Koas back 15 years or more ago. never could keep the darn glow engine running, was going to go electric but never finished, ended up losing interest and trading to someone else.

Wow they did go up within the year now they want $249.99
That's still about 1/3 the price if building one from a kit or plans.

Jul 27, 2022, 08:28 AM
Part of the price increase is due to shipping, its a big box.
Aug 29, 2022, 08:39 AM
Just as I was about to start the assembly of the KAOS when one of these became available after being assembled last winter by clubmates and test flown once. An original Bridi Hobby Enterprises fibreglass fuselage and foam wing kit from the 80s or 90s. Could not resist. 11 flights on it already, what a dream to fly. Assembled to be a tail dragger.

It has a Power 60 470 kv, works very well on this plane, but the gear had to be made taller to accommodate the 15x8 prop. Getting 6 minute flights on 6000 6s.

Look forward to comparing the two.
Last edited by Creative RC; Aug 29, 2022 at 08:49 AM.

Quick Reply