It has a name!

GoPro: Karma is Coming (1 min 2 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2015, 05:19 AM
Gaftopher
You can also sign up to win one https://gopro.com/news/karma-is-coming-in-2016
Dec 10, 2015, 11:30 PM
Quadcopterer
Very interested to see if they have a new take on consumer UAVs. A Hex maybe? Or a Tri? Given the talk of it being cheaper than a Phantom 3 Standard, it surely won't be too fancy. I'd guess the base model will not have a gimbal, but will just have a GoPro mount. It will obviously have a follow me mode.
Dec 11, 2015, 08:10 AM
Who knows

Rumors that Apple might acquire portable camera maker GoPro caused a 16 percent increase on the latter company’s stock price yesterday — after GoPro shares had fallen 45 percent in the past few months.

http://www.cultofmac.com/401385/appl...stock-soaring/
Dec 11, 2015, 09:22 AM
Fly No Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommee
Who knows

Rumors that Apple might acquire portable camera maker GoPro caused a 16 percent increase on the latter company’s stock price yesterday — after GoPro shares had fallen 45 percent in the past few months.

http://www.cultofmac.com/401385/appl...stock-soaring/
iDrone?
Dec 11, 2015, 11:58 AM
Sounds like something that come back and bite you in your a$$
Dec 11, 2015, 06:33 PM
Made in Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mortimer
It has a name!
Gary, I would like to know, what was your first thought after this teaser ?

Is this a How to show vaporware demo ?
Dec 14, 2015, 07:45 AM
Gaftopher
My first thought really is meh, too late. If its a hexacopter then I might be more impressed but I expect it will be a quad.

A little bird told me Flextronics signed to build a run last week.
Dec 14, 2015, 11:39 AM
Critic at Large
GoPro is down to 20% of it's high - 16 and change. They are now a 2 billion dollar company as opposed to 8-10 billion - meaning they have vastly less capability to market and R&D.

I can't imagine their drone moving the needle much. If it's decent and has a good price it may sell 30,000 units in 2016 - which is about 3% of the market for that year in $500-$1600 machines.

I'd be surprised if GoPro survives in its current form - likely to be gobbled up or maybe brought back private again. GoPros are now being hawked by their CEO on the shopping network and the Session is at 50% of the original price.
Their promise to "become a big media company" never took root either.
Dec 17, 2015, 05:11 AM

GoPro Karma

I think there is still room in the market. If they came out with a highly portable unit with a micro gimbal, they will have a winner.
We'll have to wait and see if they did their research.
The teaser does give us a few hints. Looks to have some kind of gimbal or stabilized image on the lens or camera. Also, the way it goes into the tight forest area suggests it's very small. But who knows.
Personally I'd love to see something that is foldable as they mentioned and a way to attach/detach their different cameras in the future and most, a version with a proprietary micro gimbal camera unit.
I'm talking like in the below 300mm size and portable like a 100mm. With a gimbal camera unit no bigger than the current DJI offerings.
Last edited by rudygon; Dec 17, 2015 at 05:16 AM.
Dec 18, 2015, 04:02 AM
Made in Germany
@ Gary, thx. I´m sure Flextronics would be a good choice.
Feb 02, 2016, 05:31 PM
GoPro is trying to build hype by issuing these secretive videos where you can't see the quad. If it's not extremely cool I think this could be a mistake, especially since their sample videos aren't overly impressive. Here's today's tease . . .

GoPro: Bobby Brown and the Karma Drone (1 min 14 sec)
Feb 02, 2016, 05:53 PM

GoPro Karma

In the end, was the guy holding it in place or was it flying in front. If so, how close was it from his face?
Are the props enclosed? as far as we know is this even fpv capable? Lots of unknowns
Feb 02, 2016, 05:59 PM
Anyone else notice this? Price is revealed.
Feb 02, 2016, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxender
Anyone else notice this? Price is revealed.
That's got to be one of those inflated manufacturers suggested retail price things. If they're expecting to sell these for $2000 and they are hyping some extremely advanced features, they're out of luck.